Chapter 66: The Looper's Choice

A harsh slap on the back of the head brought him out of his broken state, his eyelids were dark and heavy due to the grief and tears...his breathing was shallow, but none of those things mattered anymore as he had lost every reason to live his life now.

"I leave you for a few fucking days, and you screw something up..." said a familiar voice,

He hesitantly looked up and saw his alter ego standing before him. He was dressed in plain white clothes and was now looking exactly like him, and didn't have any of those demonic eyes anymore.

"Ikiryo..."

"Yeah, your best pal...good to see you too. Though the circumstances could have been much better..." commented Ikiryo jokingly, as Naruto just averted his eyes from him.

"Go away, I don't wanna talk...just leave me alone, please" said Naruto in a depressed voice, as Ikiryo just laughed.

"Damn, you can easily get depressed like that Hashirama. But well, you are his blood so it makes sense..." replied Ikiryo to himself, and was surprised when Naruto grabbed him roughly by the collar and thrashed him on the ground.

"All my friends are dead, you fucking moron!" yelled Naruto furiously, as Ikiryo just poked his forehead.

"Dumbass, that's why I'm here...trying to fix shit" said Ikiryo seriously, making Naruto's glare less dangerous than before.

"What do you mean? And how are you even here...I accepted you, didn't I?" asked Naruto suspiciously,

"Yes, you did for whatever good that turned out. Just because you accepted me, doesn't mean I'm gone...I'm still a part of your soul, I just don't bother you much. You were kind of fun during the past few days...I liked your style, or should I say my style of being a classic life saver and hero" boasted Ikiryo, but frowned when Naruto just glared at him.

"Talk..."

"There is a way to fix everything. You can get all your friends back if you listen to me..." said Ikiryo strictly, and was surprised when Naruto immediately bowed before him.

"Tell me, command me. I'll do whatever it takes to get them back...just say the word" promised Naruto, surprising his alter ego immensely.

"You really love them, don't you?" asked Ikiryo in an understanding voice,

"More than my own life. I screwed up again, I should have been there for Mikasa more...in my quest to change the world, I forgot the person who changed me. She died for me, damn it she loved me...and I was an idiot for not realizing that" lamented Naruto,

"But you also love Rangiku, are sexually and emotionally attracted towards Kushina...I'd say you are more than a one woman man" suggested Ikiryo,

"Look, I don't know what I feel towards them exactly...but I do know I want them alive, and all my other friends too" said Naruto honestly, as Ikiryo just nodded in agreement.

"Naruto, I know you've been through some of the worst shit any person could ever go through. But there is happiness for you, if you pass this final hurdle..." replied Ikiryo,

"Hai"

"Now, I want you to understand the source of your power are your extremely strong emotions. You awakened your water powers when you were scared at the bottom of the lake of your house, awakened the Mokuton when Commander Fox almost killed you, and the Mangekyo when..." said Ikiryo briefly, leaving the last part out as both of them didn't need the specific event to be remembered again.

"What are you suggesting?" asked Naruto curiously,

"When you met those two brothers Asura and Indra, they gave you a power which no man has ever wielded. And with time, those powers will awaken...the event that happened tonight was the beginning, but I believe it also happened to save your life" said Ikiryo mysteriously, as a frown came on Naruto's face.