Chapter 3 : A Broken Heart

The sun slowly rised in the sky and brightened the atmosphere with its warmth. The darkness of the night faded with the shiny rays of the sun which spread quickly in all the directions.

The sun is a symbol of hope, a symbol of light.

It marked the end of despair and the beginning of happiness.

In a small room, a blonde haired boy slept peacefully in his comfortable bed. He had a peaceful smile on his face.

He was none other than Naruto Namikaze Uchiha.

The son of the fourth Hokage, Minato Namikaze and Mikoto Uchiha. Life had been quite beautiful for this little boy.

The 5 year old little boy heard small footsteps coming towards his way, even in his half asleep state he could feel the presence of this person. He didn't know why, but he could always recognize other people near him, even if they were not visible.

The person then slowly climbed on his bed and was inching closer to him.

Naruto could feel the happiness that this person was radiating.

"Here it comes" thought Naruto with a cute smile.

"NII-CHAN!"

Naruto's ears cringed a bit on hearing this loud voice, one of these days he would give the person a good lesson on manners.

"Then again I can't do that to my ototo" thought Naruto happily

He slowly opened his innocent black eyes and saw the person who had disturbed his peaceful sleep.

It was his younger brother Itachi Namikaze Uchiha.

Itachi was a small 3 year old boy, he had black spiky hair and blue eyes. His face was very similar to their father, though he looked like a chibi.

"How many times have I told you not to shout?" asked Naruto kindly

He loved Itachi more than anyone in his family, even more than his mother. Itachi was his younger brother and was the joy of Naruto's life.

Itachi pouted and crossed his arms over his small chest. Naruto smiled a little on the antics of his younger brother, he was always very cute.

"You..angry..." mumbled Itachi with a pout. The 3 year old was finding it difficult to speak more than a few words.

Naruto chuckled and brought his little hand forward and poked Itachi on his forehead.

"Sorry about that" said Naruto with a warm smile

"Hn" said Itachi with a proud look.

Naruto raised an eyebrow at Itachi's unique behavior, both of them stared at each other for a few minutes but then started laughing loudly.

Naruto embraced Itachi in a warm brotherly hug, this was the way his day usually started.

"Niichan...Kaa-chan" said Itachi trying to convey the message.

Naruto understood what his younger brother was trying to say. Mikoto must have sent Itachi to wake him up while she prepared breakfast for the family. Their father would usually be reading the newspaper of the village.

"Alright, let me get ready." said Naruto and slowly got up from the bed.

Itachi followed him as quickly as his little legs could take him. Naruto was a little intrigued, usually after waking him up Itachi would run back to their mother, but today he was following him instead.

Naruto narrowed his eyes at Itachi, he definitely needed something from him.

"Alright what do you need, and don't lie." said Naruto strictly