Chapter 22: The Beginning of the End

In the dark corridors of the Akatsuki base the sound of violent coughing could be clearly heard. A man wearing a dark black cloak with red swirls on it was currently staring straight in the mirror in front of him.

His lone sharingan looked at his reflection in the mirror...and his face showed how badly he had changed.

He wiped the blood that leaked out of his mouth and moved his neck a little in order to relax his muscles slightly. Such trivial things were nothing to him, he had been entrusted with the task of saving this world.

To create a world of winners, a dream world where every wish is fulfilled.

A world where he could be together with her.

He looked at the orange mask lying on the wash basin, it was his identity. He was no one nor did he want to be anyone, the only thing he wanted was this pathetic world to end.

He was Madara Uchiha, the savior of this world. The person responsible for starting the Fourth Great Ninja War, the countless shinobi and civilian lives lost in this war was due to him but he didn't give a rat's ass about it.

"I should not use the Kamui so much..." thought Madara carefully, as he put his orange mask back on his face.

There was only a single hole in the mask from which he would rule the world with the help of his sharingan, and he was not alone in this crusade for peace. He had 10 pawns ready to fight for him, not to mention the Kyubi itself.

The world's strongest Biju was in his grasp waiting to be unleashed on his command.

"What have you got?" asked Madara sternly, as a plant like entity emerged behind him. Half of his body was black while the other was white, and they were looking at Madara curiously.

"You always choose the best people for our cause...the boy you mentioned has awakened his powers and is becoming stronger with each passing day," said Black Zetsu sharply, and he was sure that he heard a small chuckle escaping from Madara's lips.

"But his hatred is still not strong..." said White Zetsu weakly, as Black Zetsu shot him a glare.

Madara turned around and looked at his comrades with his Mangekyo Sharingan, and the plant like creatures could see the man's conviction for his dream.

"You underestimate him too much...the moment I saw his eyes in that forest I was sure he is the one, the eyes burned with hatred which I had only seen in one person before. He will see the reality of this worthless world..." said Madara darkly
_

_____________________________________

A young boy walked through the dark corridors of the Blacklight base, his firm footsteps could be heard in the entire hallway as his blonde hair swayed freely in the air, his face was hidden behind a Phoenix mask and he was currently dressed in his shinobi gear with a small tanto on his back.

He turned around the corner and saw a small room ahead of him, and a tired sigh escaped from his lips.

"Time to jump back into action," thought Naruto tiredly,

The past two weeks had been heaven for him, he was able to relax with his friends. They had lots of fun together, peeping on bathhouses, partying...all sorts of things which they could have enjoyed if they were not at war.