Chapter 44: Naruto's Counter Attack

"Let me hear your answer..." said Kushina seriously,

She had finished explaining her point to him, but beyond this there was nothing she could do. It was all up to Naruto, it was true that he had been through a lot of pain but every ninja was undergoing pain and not just him alone.

But still, she had a feeling Naruto had his own will, and his point of view was accurate too because everywhere they won't be able to persuade people to join the empire by mere words. It was true that humans desired a future, but for that they needed to see change in their present.

"Kushina..."

His voice was low as he slowly wiped away his tears, and his Mangekyo Sharingan quickly sprung back to life.

"What you said is true, there will be times where I will need your guidance instead of my strategies. Kushina, I am a commander, a soldier but this world can't be conquered by force alone...yet at the same time it can't be stabilized by wishful thinking. So, I will not start another war but I will still create Holy Empire of Japan," said Naruto bluntly, as a small smile came on the red head's face.

"I'm glad you saw reason...and I too agree that sometimes we will have to use force too" said Kushina calmly,

"I have a few plans to create my empire with the least amount of bloodshed...but for that we need to stop this war and I will need your help" said Naruto seriously, as she gave him a firm salute.

"Whatever you need, commander" said Kushina mischievously, as he smirked lightly.

However their conversation was cut short, when a Kushina clone quickly barged into the room and the look on her face was enough to indicate something had happened.

"We are doomed..." said the clone in defeat, as Kushina quickly went towards her carbon copy.

"What did you hear? I told you to keep an eye on Zetsu and Orochimaru...why the hell did you come here" said Kushina sternly, as her clone looked towards Naruto who was gazing at her seriously.

"The Mizukage has surrounded the rebel forces of Kiri that are serving as the last line of defense on Konoha's southern borders. By tomorrow they will be wiped out..." said the clone worriedly, as an amused smile came on Naruto's face.

"Yagura huh? So, this is your move Madara, you have clearly thought this through..." said Naruto bemusedly, as he took out a map of the shinobi world from his drawer.

Kushina was a little puzzled by his analysis, Yagura had announced that he would never personally participate in the war...unless,

"That's right, the Mizukage is being controlled by Madara. Why do you think there was a sudden civil war in Kiri? It was one of the factors that led to the development of the Heavenly Alliance...but now that Konoha has Iwa on the back foot, this is Madara's back up plan. To use his strongest pawn..." said Naruto smartly,

Kushina quickly dispelled her clone as all the information came back in her mind, and she slowly started to analyze the situation.

"So, he plans to use Yagura...Naruto, the rebels don't stand a chance. The Mizukage has 12,000 forces under his command. His army outnumbers the rebels by 30 times" said Kushina defeatedly,

Even Naruto was a little surprised by this information, he had to hand it to Madara to think about such a plan as his gaze shifted towards the map.

"So, Yagura has left his 3,000 forces to defend Kiri. A risky step, but if he wins here then the Blacklight forces will have to fall back in order to reinforce Kagami Jiji's division which will be severely weakened as the rebel forces that form a substantial amount of their strength will be wiped out. But even still why did he bring 12,000 ninja...he can wipe out the rebel forces with less than half of his current forces, unless..." thought Naruto in shock, as he pointed his finger at River Country.