Chapter 19: Tobirama's Legacy

"Why?''

Pure anger was flooding his mind...his hands were clenched so tightly that blood was coming out of his hands, and for the first time in his life he was ashamed of himself.

"Why did she have to die? I'll never see her again...all of them are gone"

"Hawk...why did you leave her behind?" asked Naruto in a dead voice, he just needed an answer from the man.

"It was the only choice...it was her or all three of us. She sacrificed herself for both of us..." said Hawk remorsefully, and the next instant Naruto got out of his grip and landed on the ground.

He then tried to punch Hawk...but the Anbu caught his hand before the hit could connect.

"We don't leave comrades to die...why couldn't we save her?" asked Naruto in a tearful voice, and a few more tears slipped from his eyes.

"Because you were afraid"

Those words shook the ground beneath Naruto's feet and his eyes widened in shock. But he realized what Hawk had said was the truth...he was afraid back there, and had slowed the squad.

"Because I was not strong enough to protect my comrades..." said Hawk shamefully, and this time Naruto realized the man was right.

Both of them were responsible for the death of their entire squad...because of them, Hisana, Bird and Eagle had to die.

"Only if we had been more faster...we wouldn't have got cornered, and Hisana, Bird, Eagle wouldn't have to come back to save us...It's my fault they died" said Naruto defeatedly,

Hawk grabbed the young boy's shoulders and looked at him straight in the eye.

"Naruto...this world is full of lies and deception, as long as there is love there is hatred...Hisana gave her life to protect her country and her comrades. There will come a time when we will have to do the same" explained Hawk briefly,

He was quite tired by running continuously for 30 minutes as the gas in his 3D gear had ran out...and running 7 clicks straight on Shanxi hill was no joke. Their pursuers were regrouping their forces so they had a little time to take a breath.

"Can this ever end? What should I do?" asked Naruto silently, and Hawk looked at the boy firmly,

"Use your hatred...and become more stronger. Hatred will keep you going...till today you didn't hate Iwa shinobi but look what they did to Hisana and the others. They waged an unnecessary war against Konoha and so many of our brothers died...this is unforgivable. Destroy your enemies with your hatred, Naruto" said Hawk seriously, and the look in the young Namikaze's eyes changed.

"I swear I'll make those bastards pay for what they did to my team...I hate them, I hate every one of them!" said Naruto bitterly, and for a moment Hawk felt a little wary of the boy as the amount of KI he was releasing was astonishing.

"This will at least not break him down when such battle is going on..." thought Hawk seriously,

But something was really off...that look in his eyes, even his sharingan was not active but Hawk could see the unending hatred in Naruto's eyes...it was as if everything he had believed in had been destroyed today...the reality of their world had changed him.