Chapter 48: The Yellow Spark

She silently observed the bright moon in the sky, her eyes searching for something while she lay flat on the ground.

The sounds of explosions, screams, metals clashing metal were overwhelming her. There was chaos everywhere and watching the panicked look in her comrade's eyes broke her heart.

She saw Izumo and Hana lying injured on the ground, her hands tried to lift her body up only to miserably fall flat on the ground again.

"My chakra..." thought Rangiku tiredly,

The young blacklight could not feel any energy left in her body, she had used all of her chakra in protecting her squad but the enemy was just too strong for her. Rangiku knew all along that she was not a powerhouse, but still she came on this mission to support her comrades.

To protect those people for whom Naruto gave his life, and now as she neared her death she understood just why he sacrificed himself.

Because there was no greater feeling than protecting a friend...she understood it now.

Despite the 3 kunai stabbed in her stomach, she didn't feel any pain. Her blood was spreading on the ground...yet there was a peaceful smile on her face.

"Thank you for everything..."

His last words echoed in her mind as a small tear came in her eye, how she wished to see that face once again...to see that beautiful smile once again. There was nothing in this world that she wouldn't give up...just to see him once again.

"You're a Blacklight...so you're one of us"

A bright smile came on her face as she remembered the moment which made her fall in love with him...
____________________________________
(Flashback: Few Years Ago- Valley of Hell)

Rangiku quickly jumped high in the air as she avoided a straight punch aimed at her chest, her eyes shifted towards the 3 missing ninjas on the ground who were looking at her lecherously.

She cursed herself for getting separated from her team, it was midnight and the bright full moon was hidden behind the clouds as darkness had spread across the entire forest.

"Get her, Yuzu!" said one of the enemy eagerly,

She quickly fired a couple of her chakra arrows towards them, but to her horror the 3 men easily started dodging her attacks.

One of them quickly jumped towards her, but acting on her instincts she quickly twisted herself and without waiting for another moment she stabbed her kunai in the man's head as both of them fell down on the ground.

"You bitch!" yelled the remaining two ninja angrily, as they saw their comrade getting killed.

Rangiku coughed painfully as both the men attacked her in unison delivering painful blows on her. Another powerful punch sent her sailing in the air, as she neared the ground a small tear slipped from her eyes.

She was no match for these two Jounin, she was barely 11 years old...and was this the end for her?

The poor girl crashed on the ground roughly and her eyes saw the two older men glaring at her lecherously.

"Now...let's have some fun!"

"Ye-''

"Suiton: Suidan no Jutsu(Water Release: Water Bullet Technique)"

Two sharp water bullets quickly pierced the brains of the two missing ninjas as their bodies fell flat on the ground.

Another person quickly jumped beside her and lifted her up in his arms. And the first thing she noticed were his bright blonde hair that were glowing brightly in the darkness of the forest.