Chapter 9: The Tactical Plan

Jiraiya stared at the young blond boy, in the center of the room. He was clearly impressed with the way, he motivated the council.

There was a fire burning in everyone's eyes, the desire to win, the will to protect their home, and precious people was clearly visible in every shinobi's eyes.

He saw Naruto hugging his mother, but something seemed off.

Jiraiya looked closely, and his veteran eyes saw something that shocked him. He had fought in three wars, had seen a lot of evil, even his best friend had succumbed to darkness.

And if one thing Jiraiya clearly remembered about Orochimaru, was his friend's devious smile.

The smile that sent shivers down his spine, the smile that was meant to deceive people, and the smile that showed the darkness within his friend.

And right now..

The same smile was on Naruto's face!

Naruto seemed happy, his face was showing feelings of joy.

But what was the mystery that could be seen, in his dark black eyes?

It seemed to represent something dark, something scary.

"As time passes, and the boy grows, his darkness will increase. His desire to protect is far greater than any person I have ever seen, but his desire to kill is even greater. He has a good soul, but I sense something very dark inside him. The more his visual prowess will increase, the more darker and dangerous he would become..."

A small shiver ran down Jiraiya's spine, he still couldn't forget a single word, the elder toad had said when he was alone with him. What if, Naruto was truly the child of prophecy?

That thought made Jiraiya relieved, as well as worried at the same time. The boy had a good soul, but he was very mysterious, and Jiraiya never liked mysterious as they always had a dark side.

He looked at the boy, and now the smile was gone.

It was replaced by his innocent smile once again.

"What darkness, do you have inside, Naruto?" thought Jiraiya warily.

(Grass Country)

In a small room, sat 5 figures in a small circle.

There was pin drop silence in the room, one could even hear the small noise coming from the wooden floors.

In one corner, of the room sat the Sandaime Raikage, his boisterous figure, and his presence could be felt in the entire room. However he was not the only person, who had such a powerful presence.

Beside him sat the, Tsuchikage. Onoki, was sitting seriously, and for the first time he was not complaining about his back pain.

Konan of the Akatsuki sat opposite of both of the Kage's, beside her was the Mizukage.

She could feel Yagura's as well as the Sanbi's (Three Tails) power. The man was a very strong Kage, and a Jinchuriki too.

On her opposite side, sat the most evil person she had ever met.

Orochimaru was sitting calmly in his chair, but everyone could see his devious snake like smile, and frankly it was disgusting.