INVITATION

CHAPTER 4- INVITATION
WEDNESDAY, 8:55 AM

Sunlight streams in through my window. I roll on my side and blearily check the time.

''OMG NOO I'M SO LATEEE!! DEREK'S GONNA KILL MEEEEEE!" I shriek and pull on a random dress out of my closet and sprint down the stairs. I run down the hallway at lightning speed, passing Lynn's room. She groans and pulls down her blinds. I stumble down the stairs, eating breakfast and putting on makeup at the same time. I round the corner, sending hairpins and brushes flying. I burst out into the sunlight, panting heavily. That's when I realise.
''MY PHONE!!!!!!!" I slap my hand to my head and run back upstairs. "WHERE IS IT WHERE IS IT WHERE IS IT???!?!" I pull open drawer after drawer after drawer, flinging out gum wrappers and scrunchies and cash. I turn my apartment upside down looking for it. BUT I STILL CAN'T FIND MY PHONE. I run back outside, and crash into Lynn. Her dark coffee with no cream crashes to the ground and explodes all over me. I groan, coffee running down my legs.

"Sorry." I mumble. Lynn shoves me back into my room.

"Watch where you're going, IDOT." She storms off. I look around, and right there on top of my bed, is my phone. I grab it, but something makes me stop. A pink coloured note has flown through my window. But there's no time to look at it now. I run downstairs, nearly tripping and falling flat on my face. I fumble with my phone, calling an taxi.

"Hello? Could I call an Uber please? I'm at 75 Regent Street. Thanks." I wait for about a minute before a black SUV comes roaring down the street. The door slides open to reveal a sus young guy wearing a black suit and shades. I look down at my hands. The driver slides off his shades and flicks his hair out.

"Hello, Miyah."
I nearly pass out. "THOMAS?!?!??!" I gape. He looks exactly the same as when I last saw him, only his glasses have been replaced by contacts and his hair is a lot longer, making him look even more attractive. I blush and shake my head. Why would I even think that. He's probably not even single.
"So, how are you going, Miyah?" Thomas asks calmly, like it's just a normal day and he didn't just visit me after ghosting me for 10 years.

"W-what are you doing here?" I stutter. "I thought you weren't talking to me." I must've said the wrong thing, because Thomas's face darkens.

"What do you mean I'm not talking to you? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S NOT BEEN REPLYING TO ME." He shouts.

"I-"
"AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN REPLY WHEN I THREW A NOTE THROUGH YOUR WINDOW!"

"THAT WAS YOU?!?!''

"DUH. HOW ELSE WAS I MEANT TO CONTACT YOU?"

''I'M SORRY. I DIDN'T SEE IT UNTIL TODAY. AND I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO READ IT. I WAS LATE FOR WORK- OH WAIT I'M STILL LATE. DEREK'S NOT GONNA BE HAPPY." I groan.

"Well, I can get you there in time" Thomas turns back around at the wheel. "Where ya going?"

"Uhh 420 Willa Street" I stammer, getting into the front seat of his car. Thomas pulls his shades down mafia boss style and speeds down the road, swerving left and right. I clutch the sides of the car and try not to hurl.

"Thomas? How fast are you going?" I yell.

"I DON'T KNOW!" he yells back. Soon enough, there we are, at my work place. I throw my cash at Thomas and get out of the car. But before I can leave, he stops me.

"Wait so let me get this straight...you didn't read the note I gave you?" He asks. I turn around confused.

"No? Why?" I answer. Thomas just looks down and twiddles his thumbs.

"Uhh no reason. Just ummmmm..." He blushes and giggles. "Nothing, I didn't say anything." He hides his face in his hands, embarrassed. "Errr..uhhhhh..ummmmm..BYE." Then he speeds away leaving me coughing, from the dust. I start running inside the building, and get into the elevator. I stop at my floor and quickly get to my desk with only minutes to spare. I sit down and lean back in my chair, panting. Mr. Beeseet-Cheese walks to my desk.

"You're lucky. If you were late one more time, I would've fired you" he tells me.

"Sorry Derek- I MEAN MR. BEESEET-CHEESE. SIR." I stammer. He glowers at me, then walks back to his own desk. I do my work. Being an accountant's boring, but at least something's better than nothing. At 5:00 PM I finish work, and start to walk back home. As I open my apartment door, I remember the note still lying on my bed. As I look at it closer, it seems to be a pink envelope with stickers and glitter all over it. I turn it around and see the words written on the back: To Miyah Ayvah Cerah Jones.

"OH NO. OH NOOOOOOOOO" I whisper scream. I'd recognize Alison's handwriting anywhere. I cautiously open the envelope and bring out ANOTHER equally pink glittery note. I have to squint my eyes to keep myself from becoming blind. I turn it around in my hands and read.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FRICKITY FRAKITY COCKADOODLE DOO IS THIS??!!" I scream. I wince as hear Lynn walk out of her room, slamming the door as she goes. I go back to looking at the note, and I can't believe what im reading.

Dear recipient,

You are cordially invited to join me and my fiancé Thomas Emerald in celebrating our wedding

Time: 7:00-11:00 PM, Saturday 31st February

Location: Central Park (East Bridge)
Bring: Presents and or money

Please RSVP to me, Alison. My number is 32-987-324798-234. Please note any dietary or medical needs.

Have fun!

So Thomas isn't single. I gag at the stench of roses wafting out of the note. Holding it a metre away from my nose, I use two fingers to dump it in the trash. I don't want to be there to see Alison and Thomas slobbering over each other. Gross. And what happened to Thomas being his own person? He would do anything to be within a metre of Alison. I thought I showed him. He just didn't listen to me. I change into my pyjamas and snuggle into bed.

"I'll deal with it tomorrow" I mutter, drifting off to sleep.