⚠ READ AT YOUR OWN RISK ⚠

CHAPTER 11- EWWWWW WE'RE SO SORRY EVERYONE :(((

11:00 PM

Miyah's POV

We walk together down the street, saying nothing, our arms brushing against each other. Our shadows are illuminated from the distant glow of streetlamps. But can't shake the feeling of doubt settling over me. Do I want to be with Jake, or Thomas? Who are my true friends? Small droplets of snow start to fall, making the moment more magical. I break the silence.
"I feel really bad. Alison really loved him, you know."
"Don't be. You have me. That's all you need." Jake says. I know he means it genuinely, but that doesn't comfort me. Instead, the blackness in my stomach swirls unsteadily.
"Do you really expect me to believe that? You're a criminal, Jake."
"Babe, that was in the past." Jake says uncomfortably. He shifts his body away from me. We stop underneath a streetlamp. Jake kicks at the snow.
"Don't you even stop to think about it? That I might've changed?"

I pause. I'd never thought of that. He does seem like a nicer person. I think. But then again, a lot has happened.

"Yeah. Maybe." I say. "But-"
"But nothing." Jake says. "All we have is now. You can't change what you've done."

My breath catches in my throat. Flashes of memories come over me, of the girl I once was. Innocent, naïve Miyah. Of me and Jake walking together to school. I look at Jake. And I can't stand it anymore. I stare at his light brown eyes, glowing under the street light. His stubble covers his defined jaw bone and I shudder. He looks way more mature from when I saw him just a few minutes ago. He smiles and I only just notice the faint dimples on each cheek. I swallow hard. What is wrong with me? My heart beats faster as I lick my lips.

"I-I uhhh" I stammer. Jake narrows his dark eyebrows at me.

"What? You scared?" He mocks

"Scared of what?" I ask

"Of this" He grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him. I gasp and Jake laughs at me.

"You're such a tease" I mumble. He just smiles again. I can't take it anymore. I turn him to face me and pull his face close to mine.

"Youre dead after this" I growl. I press my lips against his. The taste of peaches and honey fills me. We both bathe in the warmth of eachother