Chapter forty

I'm still holdin' on to everything that's dead and gone. I don't wanna say goodbye, 'cause this one means forever, And now you're in the stars and six feet never felt so far. Here I am alone between the heavens and the embers.

"Oh, it hurts so hard for a million different reasons. You took the best of my heart. And left the rest in pieces"

Sad songs were on repeat in my head and headphones. Even in places which I normally enjoyed. Ollie was the only thing I could think about. Daniel was with me the whole way. He didn't want to let me go anywhere alone. Of what he said "He had to be there as emotional and mental support" which I couldn't complain about.

I tried to fall asleep on the flight. I was overly tired after a sleepless night full of tears. I couldn't pull myself together. I had too many thoughts in my head. Would Ollie recover? How long would it take? Would he have some permanent damage? Would he be able to race again?

"Would you guys want anything to eat or drink?"

The flight attendant walked over to us in her blue suit. I took my head up from Daniel's shoulder and politely denied. The stress was eating me up slowly. I didn't even have enough energy to put on any makeup or do anything with my hair.

Daniel even wanted to help me do somethings so that I wouldn't look "homeless".

I had put on some sweatpants and Ollies t-shirt. My hair was up in the messiest bun I had ever done, just so it wouldn't be in my face. My eyes were all puffy and red.

I really was drained out of energy.

We got off the flight and ordered a taxi. It was really late at night and Daniel didn't allow me to go anywhere.

We ended up ordering some food and went straight to bed after. Or well went to sleep. I ended up sleeping on the couch.

Next morning I went straight to the hospital Ollie was in. God, I hated hospitals. The weird smells that were in there and all those glass rooms. I walked right over to the register where a nurse sat.

"Hello, my name is Sofia Kowalski and I'm here to see my boyfriend Oliver Bearman." The nurse looked me up and down. She looked at me as if something was wrong with me.

"Well since the patient is unconscious we have to call his family to get this approved. We've had many people say this and we won't let random people enter. You can write your name here and sit down in the waiting area"

She handed me a yellow sticky note and pen. I wrote my name down and sat down in the nearly empty area.

It was six in the morning so I didn't expect anyone to be there anyways. The nurse walked out to a room and called someone. I was wondering if they called David or Terri. Both of them knew about me.

"Miss Kowalski, your partner is in room 324. If you follow me i can get you there"

The nurse came back after nearly an hour. The hospital corridors were all creepy and made my head hurt. The smells of the different rooms didn't make it better. I was slowly getting dizzy but before anything could happen we reached room 324.

The nurse opened the door and that's when I saw him. My Ollie.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone in that state before. There were tubes and needles everywhere and he even had an oxygen mask. Tears were coming down from my eyes just by the look of him.

"Do you want me to go or stay?" The nurse was overly polite. I tried to cover up as much as I could and asked her if she could leave.

I sat down on the bed Ollie was lying in. I could see the monitor over his heartbeat speed up a bit. He knew I was here.

"Hello sweetheart, I hope you can hear me. I've missed you so much. You'll be okay I promise. I.. I just don't know what to do without you. Please wake up and stay strong. I'm here with you. I'm here..." My voice was cracking the whole time. I couldn't say anything properly.

That night I stayed at the hospital watching over Ollie. The nurses also seemed to not care if I was there or not. I made sure to talk to Ollie as much as I could. Apparently people in comas could hear everything around them, and I wanted Ollie to know that he's still on this earth and that I care about him.

Author note

Hey guys just wanted to update yall. I won't be updating the story as much as I used to for the next week or two. Because of that I will make sure to make it up to you. I have some final exams which my future depends on.  You can also leave a comment to help with motivation.

xoxo Wiki