Chapter thirty two

She was sixteen the first time. She had her heart broken. Truth is, I've never had mine. Now she goes on vacation in expensive places. To get away from her mind. I don't mean to be rude. There's things in myself that I see in you. Lonely eyes.

(Ollies pov)

I was deeply asleep after a tiring long day. Sofia in my arms hugging me tightly. It was all perfect. But then Sofia started moving around like a child having a nightmare.

"Sof?" I shook her a bit trying to wake her up. "Sofia darling?" She was still turning trapped in a dream. "Sweetheart you have to wake up" I shook her a little harder which finally woke her up.

Sofia jumped straight into my arms and teared up.

"Love everything is okay I'm here. Whatever that dream was about wasn't real. It was just a dream. I'm here."

She was crying in my arms. I could feel the tears running down her face and hitting my chest.

"I...I... But you..." She whimpered. I could feel her hands shaking.

"Don't worry Sof. I'm here." I whispered trying to calm her down a bit.

After a longer while she was able to talk somewhat clearly.

"You... In that dream. I was in Silverstone... And it was all fine... Until there was an accident... And...You... You were involved...It was really bad...And... Your body was in the car... But your ghost ran to me..."

Sofia was sitting with her legs crossed and hugging a pillow. I started understanding her. It must be a nightmare if that ever happened. I couldn't even think about it. But that was the risk of doing motorsports.

"Love everything is okay don't worry I'm here and I'm okay." I crawled over to her and replaced the pillow with me. I laid on her lap and let her do whatever she needed to to calm down. Sofia was still tearing up. I could feel that the idea of me dying was in her head. And wouldn't leave it.

"Sof how about we lay down and try to sleep for the rest of the night which is only one hour?" I moved my head and layed back down on the pillow taking Sofia down with me.

She didn't pull back. She fell straight into my chest and hugged me tightly.

I made sure not to close an eye before I was sure that Sofia was sleeping.

The next morning we were even more tired than before going to sleep. I could feel the tiredness in every move I made. My eyes were closing and my head hurting.

I went out to wash my face to maybe wake myself up a bit. That's where I found Sofia. She was trying to cover up her puffy red under eyes. She was applying concerning amounts of makeup and depuffing her eyes. The whole process looked really harsh and hard on her skin.When I looked in the mirror I was surprised with yet another thing. My eyes were just as red as hers.

We decided to stay inside for that day and explained to my parents that we wanted to relax a bit and plan some stuff for tomorrow. They didn't question it and just went with it. Of what Thomas told me later they had been to all kinds of forms for attractions.

In the meantime I decided to do a care day for Sofia. I went out and bought some facemasks and some sweets. I made some warm food and turned on a movie. Sofia's face lit up when she noticed what I was doing. She ran over to me when I came home with a basket full of nice stuff. She immediately took out the pink bunny stuffie that I bought and gave me a long sweet kiss.

We spent the whole day together not doing anything wild but just relaxed and enjoyed each other.

Outside of our room was a little opening to the beach where we sat down for a while and dipped our feet in the water. The water was so clear that I could see a pretty pink shell. I took off my shirt and dove down in the water to get it up. Sofia let out a little scream when I jumped in. I laughed a bit and started moving the sand around until I could feel a hard surface on my fingertips. I took it up in my palm and got up again.

Sofia and I went back inside and continued our quiet day. We planed out the next day and all of the things we would want to do for the next few days that we were staying here.

(Flash forward to the present) 

Sofia hid the shell away to not lose it and kept it there forever. She always has it with her in matches. And now that we've been together for so long I decided to repurpose it and make it a necklace.