𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆

(I wanna give you one last option. I wanna give you one last chance. If you are looking for the main attraction. Just hold on tight and let me do my dance)

It was a tough day for me. I just got home from a 15 hour flight. My team and I were in Japan for the semi-final of the volleyball world championship. We did well, and now have a two week break before the finals.

I'm excited and tired at once. I can really feel that I forgot my ADHD meds. My brain just doesn't want to shut up.

I went out to the livingroom and turned on the tv, when my doorbell rang.

The mailman was standing in front of me in the doorway. Weird. I didn't order anything this time. Must be some fan mail. Or so I thought.

I went back to the living room leaving the package on the table.

When I woke up the next morning I saw that Diana had called me multiple times, so I called her back.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Hey, r u home yet?"

"Yeah"

"Well then open the door. I've been standing here for the past half hour, you know it's winter right?"

I opened the door and Diana flew into my couch.

"Damn, I've missed the lavender smell of your house."

I smiled to myself. I went out to the kitchen and got some cookies from the cabinet. While I was boiling the water for the tea I heard someone ripping some cardboard. Immediately I knew that it was D who opened my package.

When the tea was done I walked over to her and sat down at the sofa chair in my living room.

"So I see you found my package."

"Yeah. and well you have to see what it is, 'couse dang that's literally what we both dreamt about for years now."

As I saw the package I gasped. D was right. I did dream about this for a while.

The cardboard box hid a beautiful black box, With red letters on top, the letters wrote "F1 paddock club".

The second I read it I screamed from happiness. There is no freaking way that I just got a paddock pass. Who would even send me one of those?

I know that I talk alot about formula one. And I know I often do refer to them in interviews. But it's still very unexpected.

"But Sof there's only one for each day."

"Yeah?"

"Where's mine?"

Diana looked kinda sad but also disappointed. We always planned going together. No matter what happens we would go together.

"Well, I think we could get you one as well. We just pay half half."

...

There's the smile. D looked happy, and I'm proud to be the reason.

We looked at the box to find out which race they were for. But as we opened the box, we saw a letter. The envelope was mat black, with small gold lines. It looked really fancy.

"open it you idiot. I know it's pretty but c'mon, you have to read it."

I removed the wax seal from the envelope and took out a piece of paper.

" Dear Sofia.

We are happy to inform you that you are invited to the abu dhabi grand prix as a paddock guest.

We've seen your interviews, and feel proud knowing that you use quotes from the drivers. Therefore, we invite you to meet the drivers as well, at the afterparty. You are allowed to bring someone with you to the party for free, but they'll have to pay to be in the paddock.

You should also have received three passes. One for each day. Those passes allow you to see everything that's happening inside the paddock. You will have the chance to see the drivers there, and possibly also get interviewed by the journalists.

We hope you will enjoy the experience.

Formula 1's paddock club"