Chapter thirty seven

Did I drive you away? I know what you'll say. You say "Oh, sing one we know". But I promise you this. I'll always look out for you. Yeah, that's what I'll do. I say "Ohh" I say "Ohh" My heart is yours. It's you that I hold on to. Yeah, that's what I do. And I know I was wrong. But I won't let you down.

(Ollies pov)

It was race week in spa. Belgium was one of my favourite circuits. It had a pretty long history to itself. It's also one of the more challenging tracks.

I like driving here, but sometimes it feels wrong. I know that people have died from accidents here. And that fact just makes me uncomfortable while driving.

I texted Sofia before going into the fp1. I thought that it would be good to let her know. Sofia was the kind of person who would worry too much if she didn't know something. I still remember the vacation when she started crying from a nightmare. I knew that something like that could happen again and I wanted to avoid it as much as possible.

"Mate, are you ready to lose in fp1?"

Arthur's confidence was higher than ever. He had been talking about winning the whole week. His confidence was through the roof.

"Sure Arthur, but the question is are you ready?"

Arthur sat his hands on his hips and put one leg in front. His confidence peeked through. His head was raised a little.

"Do I look like I'm not ready? Mate you don't even have your suit on properly. And where's your helmet huh?"

Arthur had a good point. I had gotten a custom helmet design for SPA. It was one I had found in Sofias sketchbook. It was light blue with small butterflies and some small roses. It looked like something that could be on a porcelain cup. I remember looking through her sketches and this one caught my eye immediately.

"My helmet is already in the box. And it's a surprise so don't you dare open it yet."

Arthur's eyes widened. He even stopped posing. I zipped my suit up halfway and walked away. Arthur following me like a puppy.

"Hello Angelina, any content ideas for the helmet reveal yet?"

I walked over to the case where the helmet was in. The case was so smooth and shiny that I was considering that as one of the next designs.

"I do, but I have even better news Ollie. Some of the f1 teams are interested in you driving for them in a fp1. And they're here today to see your performance. So do your best."

Angelina spilled the most exciting news I had heard in a while. I was wondering which teams. It could be one of the smaller ones or one of the bigger ones. I was hoping for ferrari or mercedes. After all, I was in ferrari's driver academy.

It was time to get in the cars and get ready for free practice. I sat down in my seat, buckled up and placed the steering wheel. The mechanics pushed out the car and started the engine. I put my visor down and gripped tighter on the steering wheel.

"AND THE FIRST FREE PRACTICE OF FORMULA 2 HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN"

I heard the commentators announce all the drivers.

"AND WITH NUMBER 3 WE HAVE BRITISH DRIVER, FERRARIS JUNIORDRIVER OLIVERBEARMAN"

I looked proudly up and saw a camera facing my helmet.

"It seems like he has got himself a new helmet. I think it looks awesome"

The compliment warmed my heart. I could imagine Sofia in front of the screen shaking from excitement. That was my lucky charm.

Now it was time to race.

I calmed down my brain and did a radio test. I pressed down the pedal and drove away. The car felt really good on the track. I could feel the traction on every turn and the downforce being very good as well.

...

"Ollie mate, how does it feel to be beaten by your teammate by 0,2 seconds? I think it feels great to beat you."

Arthur was really feeling himself. He was the fastest in fp1 and constantly bragged about it. I honestly found it funny. He did deserve it.

Prema got him a shitty start of the season, He had many car failures and failed pit stops. He deserves to win this weekend. But let's see how it goes.