Chapter twenty six

What's a girl to do? Lying on my bed, staring into the blue. Unrequited, terrifying. Love is driving me a bit insane. Have to get this off my chest, I'm telling you today. That when I talk to you, oh cupid walks right through, and shoots an arrow through my heart. And I sound like a loon, but don't you feel it too? Confess I loved you from the start.

(Ollies pov)

We had to cancel the zoo date. I was kind of mad but then again I think it was a sign. Instead of the zoo we ended up on a picnic with pizza and softice in the middle of the park.

Sofia turned out to have interesting food choices and was really picky. The only type of pizza she wanted was either a margarita or a salami pizza.

I thought it was kind of fun, but she was right. A good margarita cannot be beaten with any other type.

We didn't have a blanket so instead ended up on our hoodies. I knew we would have to wash them when we got home, but in this moment the only thing that mattered was us.

"So now I have said a bit about my food choices now it's your turn. What's your weird food choice?"

"Hmmm, probably a quiet obvious but smoothies are banger. Especially berry ones"

I knew I was right. Everyone likes a good smoothie.

"Let me just say that it makes sense. Bears like berries as well. So you're just a bear in human skin. But you're my bear." Sofia joked.

I never thought about it that way. It was really suprining. The fact that she called me "her bear" was even better.

...

We finally arrived home. It was getting late. About 9pm. We still had a while before going to bed.

My parents were in the living room watching some tv show, which was kind of like love island. Amelie was in her room doing some homework. And Sofia as the genius she is went into Amelies room to help her a bit.

I was left alone. I knew it was time to plan a family game night, so I went to the attic and looked through some of the games we had.

Monopoly, Uno, Ludo, Cards, Happy hippos, Operation, Snakes and ladders. And that's when I saw the perfect one. 5 seconds. A game that Sofia had got me. She said that it was a game that she could only find in polish, so she translated it into english so I could play.

I took the game with me into the living room. My parents had left a note on the table saying they were going to get the groceries. I thought it was kind of late for that type of stuff, but oh well. It was just better for me.

I layed down the game. Made some quick snacks and got something to drink. My parents always drank wine so I got that for them. Some sodas for Amelie, Sof and I. And some water just in case. I put the caramel covered apples on a plate next to the chocolate covered strawberries, and put it on the table next to the cups.

"HEY SOF, AMELIE, CAN YOU GUYS COME DOWN. I HAVE A SURPRISE."

I called the girls down and called my parents who were already on their way home.

"Hey wassup? Uuu are those strawberries and apples? You're the best Ollie"

Sofia ran down the stairs and kissed my cheek. Amelie only looked disgusted when she saw the kiss. A typical child reaction to kisses.

"So, we have to get some music. Not too aggressive, but also not too calm. Any ideas?"

I asked them both. I knew what Amelie would say, but I was still curious about Sof.

"Taylor swift. Any song of hers." Amelie proposed without even letting me finish the sentence.

"Okay, got it. Choose about two." I said and handed her my phone.

I was making a que of songs that I could play.

The head door opened and my parents entered with the groceries.

I walked over to them to help them get it all in place and guided them into the room.

"So I got an idea. We could have a game night cause we haven't in a longer while. I've made some snacks and got a game in the living room."

My dad nodded and went after me into the living room alongside my mom.

In the meantime Sofia and Amelie had made a playlist which was already playing.

I took out some sitsacks for extra comfort and sat down in one of them.

Sofia sat on the one next to me.

"So I think that Sofia should explain the rules since it's a game that she had gifted me."

"In this game everyone is a different color. I'm choosing orange. And there is a deck of cards. Each card has two sides. A yellow one and a red one. These cards have some stuff that you have to name. On the yellow card there are only two things to name, while the red ones are three. It could be something like name two English kings. And there is a timer that counts down 5 seconds. That's how long you have to name these things. If you get a right answer you get to move on the board. The first person to get to the finish line wins."

Sofia explained them so they were easy to understand. And we started playing.

"Can I take the red side this time?" Amelie asked as she had taken the yellow one too many times and thought it was too easy.

"Sure. You can switch between them."

I took a card up for Amelie.

"Name 3 capitals in Europe" I read it out loud and clear so Amelie could hear it. Sofia turned around the hourglass.

"Paris... Rome... And..." The time was over. Amelie looked disappointed in herself. She looked like she had one on the end of her tongue, but couldn't remember it.

"That was still good, Amelie. I'm pretty sure Oliver couldn't name more than two either. "

Sofia hyped Amelie up and ended the game with a winning point.