Chapter seventeen

I was ridin' shotgun, with my hair undone, in the front seat of his car. He's got the one-hand feel on the steering wheel, the other on my heart.

I was on a walk with my dog in the park. It was a warm day so I could walk a little longer than usual.

I've had Artemis for around 3 weeks now. My mom wanted to surprise me with a gift. She was really celebrating the victory. And 'cause of that she bought me a puppy. Artemis is a poodle and just about 2 months old. The only problem is that I don't know how big she'll be. I had asked the coach and all of the main people from the national team if I would be able to take her with me. Most of them agreed, since the hotels mostly allow pets and especially hypoallergenic dogs.

I heard Diana screaming after me. I wondered what she was doing on this side of town. She lived right across from me and I was on the other side of town. I saw her walking with a guy which was even weirder.

"Hey Sof, meet George. He's my date for today" She said the first thing loud and then whispered the rest.

The guy next to her was a tall guy. Even taller than me, which was pretty tall. Diana looked like a dwarf next to him. But I decided to keep that to myself.

Artemis started pulling her leash.

"Well hello, what are you doing on this side of town?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

" I'm just on a date. But the important question is, who is that little guy!?" She bended down to Artemis.

Artemis was licking her fingers and was so excited that her tail started wagging her tail. Diana was laughing and her date George was staring me up and down. He made me really uncomfortable.

"I gotta move on with my run so see you later D Byee!"

Diana was confused over my actions. I didn't give her any signs of leaving. I just did. Normally i would go in for a hug or something like that. But this time I left.

George was weird. I promised myself to say that to Diana after her date.

...

Daniel was already home. Like for the past few weeks, he had taken Cassandra with her. Cassandra was really nice, and for one I actually liked Daniel's girlfriend, but I had one little problem. She looked a lot like me.

She was nearly the same height, she had green eyes, brown hair, longer face, layered hair, the same body type and the same lip shape.

I found this quite weird. Never have I ever seen a person look that much like me. And even worse she talked the same way. And did the same stuff as me.

It concerned me a bit. But I had to get someone's approval. It could just be me overthinking it.

Diana got home from her date, and of course instead of getting to her own home she was over at ours. It was the first time she saw Cas. And well lets just say that that went interesting.

D was confused.

" Hey Sof, where's Artemis?" She said to Cas.

Cassandra was just as confused. I don't think that she would expect to be called by my name. I immediately knew that I had to tell Ollie this later.

Ollie turned out to be that type of person who's interested in gossip. I usually told him all about the crazy things that happen on my team. I especially remember when one of the girls had met up with a guy who turned out to be 40. Oliver was really interested in that story. He kept asking questions and wondered.

"Back to reality Sofia, we kinda need you here. Okay so then he grabbed my hand..."

Diana had called me back from my zoon out. I need to start controlling it somehow. But oh well, here we are.

...

Back in the days when I didn't know Ollie yet I usually zooned out in thoughts about my volleyball career. Now it's mostly what I want to do with him. Or should I say to him.

I won't go into depth about my thoughts cause that is literally the biggest kaos. But that's just the adhd. 

"Sof, are you even listening?" Diana was getting quite mad at me for not listening. She was telling me about the date and how it all went.

I was still uncomfortable because of him.

"D I have to tell you something. That guy..."

"George?"

"Yes, he was kind of weird, and well disgusting"

"What? Why? What do you mean?"

"When you were petting Artemis, he looked at me disgustingly. You know, it's the typical up and down look and then lip bite."

Diana looked at me in shock. I knew it was shocking, but that was the truth.

"Did he? Why does stuff like that always happen to me?"

"D is not your fault. It's just guys that are weird. But I think I have an idea"

She looked back at me with widened eyes.

"An idea?"

"Well yes but that also takes some effort and time"
"Oh okay? Have you found me a guy or what?"

"I need to know one thing tho?"

"What?"

"Do you mind a 3 year difference?"

"Ehm tbh not really."

"Nice, then just wait for Abu dhabi"

I had the best idea, but I had to ask Ollie first.

...

Diana finally went home. Daniel and Cassandra were out, and the only person left.

I put my phone away on the bedside table and slowly started changing into pyjamas. I went out to the kitchen to get a glass of water and my usual vitamins. That's when I heard my phone ringing. Artemis started growling and ran out to me in the kitchen. I poured water over the vitamin tablets and walked over to my phone.

Oliver was calling me over facetime. I picked it up.

"Hello my beautiful girl, what are you doing?" Oliver was sitting on a wooden swing. I could see that he was still in Australia.

We talked for a while and I fell asleep on facetime.