Chapter twenty eight

Dear lord, when I get to heaven, please let me bring my man. When he comes, tell me that you'll let him in. Father, tell me if you can. All that grace, all that body, all that face, makes me wanna party. He's my sun, he makes me shine like diamonds.

(Ollie's pov)

I woke up on top of Sofia in the living room. She was still holding my head and hugging me close to her. The tv had turned off by itself after being active for too long. And everyone else was gone.

I gently lifted Sofias hands and replaced myself with a few pillows. And went out to the kitchen to make some breakfast for the two of us.

I decided to go all in and make something even more special. The choice was between a fruit bowl and a french toast with avocado. I decided on the fruit bowl since we had so many fruits.

I decoreded the table and set up everything beautifully. I put the bowls on the table and took out some citrus water. When I finished making the breakfast I walked back over to Sofia to wake her up.

"Sof. Babe, it's time to wake up. I have made some breakfast." I whispered to her and kissed her on the cheek. She quickly removed the pillows and swung her arms around me, pulling me down on the couch again.

"Do we have to get up? I don't want to." Sofia's morning voice was showing how tired she was.

I lifted her up by the hands and got her to stand up.

"Uuu, it smells really good"she said.

"Okay now close your eyes." I said and covered her eyes with the palms of my hands.

I guided her to the kitchen and helped her find the chair.

I finally showed her my artwork of colours and textures. Sofia looked happily surprised. My plan had worked. Maybe people are right when they say that "the stomach is the way to the heart."

We ate breakfast and had some chit chats. That's also when we remembered the zoo tickets.

We got lucky this time as we arrived two hours before closing time.

Sofia looked like a happy child skipping around all the inhabitants with the animals.

"Did you know that hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards? Or that a crocodile can't stick it's tongue out?"

Sofia bombarded me with fun animal facts the whole trip. I ended up buying her some churros so she could focus on something else.

"Did you know that there is a theory about the name of the churros? Apparently it was named after the churra bread of sheep, because its horns resembled the twisted shape of the desert?"

"That's actually interesting, they do look like horns" I said and put the churros up to my head.

Sofia giggled at the sight. I dipped the churro in the soft ice that we had chosen as a dip.

We sat there on the bench eating churros for a longer while. I was listening to Sofia's stories and her fun facts. They were becoming more and more interesting. I paid close attention to everything she said and tried noting it in my head.

We continued walking around the zoo and explored different places all around the zoo.

I made sure that we didn't get too far away from the exit as there was only 15 minutes to closing.

"We would like everybody to head over to the exit. The zoo closes in 15 minutes. If you're near the exit you may leave the zoo."

I took Sofias hand and walked over to the car, opening a door for her.

"So what do you think about England so far?" I asked, looking at sofia.

She was focused on the road and all the buildings.

"What was the question?"

Sofia looked my way. She looked like she just came down to earth.

"I just asked how you like England?" I gave it a second try

"I really like it so far. Although i think there's some bucket list places that we have to visit."

She said looking down on my hands before taking it and putting it on her lap.

"What places do you mean?"

I slid my hand back and it was worth rubbing her lap.

"Well, you haven't taken me to Buckingham Palace, or the London Bridge, big ben, London eye..."

My eyes widened. I interrupted her before she listed all my plans out.

"Who said we wouldn't see them soon? Give me a week and you'll know London." I gave her a cheeky smile.

We talked about all the places that we could visit in the next week. Sofia yapped about how fascinating the zoo actually was. She talked about all the animals and how she could see half the stuff that she knew about.

"Have you seen how the baby flamingos were not pink? I knew that they get their colour from their food. But I had never seen a baby flamingo."

...

We came back home and sat down for leftover dinner. The rest had already eaten so we were alone downstairs.

"Hey Ollie? Whose shoes are those?" Sofia pointed at a pair of shoes that just showed up.

He's home. Thomas had for sure came home from the camp. I had a feeling that he was upstairs sleeping in, to help his probably destroyed sleep schedule.

"Oh Thomas must be home. I think he's upstairs sleeping."

Sofia was walking around the kitchen trying to find the cups, to make tea.

"So a hangout with him tomorrow?" Sofia was already planning the whole idea.

The kettle was starting to boil and make loud noises. I could barely hear what she was saying.

I heard a bit with a bridge, ice cream and something with a park.

"Sof, I can barely hear you"

She walked over at me and kissed me on the cheek.