43. Keep On The Tracks

They continued down the railroads for ages. Lillian had slipped on her flannel as it started it her chillier outside. Lillian, almost tripping every mile they took. It wasn't her fault, she just wanted to look around. While Michonne and Carl were having a balancing contest, Lillian stayed behind them and looked for rocks on the ground. There were a lot of cool sparkly ones along the tracks.

" I think we got about a days worth of water left." Rick started talking but Lillian could barely hear what he was saying with how far ahead he was. "We're lucky it's cooled off a little bit, but..." Rick then stopped and looked behind them, seeing the three of them lagging behind. That was just in time for Lillian to find a shiny white rock. It was extremely clean. She picked it up and moved it around in her hands as she began walking again.

"What are you doing?" Rick questioned.

"Winning a bet." Carl said confidently.

"In your dreams." Michonne shot back at him. Lillian held the rock in her hand, running up to Rick.

"Look at this." Lillian held the rock up to him.

"Oh. Wow." Rick snickered as he looked at the rock then back at Michonne and Carl. Lillian smiled as she shoved it into the pocket of her overalls.

"I'm still on." Carl told Michonne as he flinched towards her, trying to get her to move but almost fell. Lillian turned around and watched the two of them mess around.

Michonne laughed. "You spoke too soon, wise guy."

"This might go on a while," Rick started as he walked back to Carl and Michonne. "Maybe we can speed this up."

"Yeah, you're right. Shouldn't be fooling around." Michonne agreed. "We should probably— Carl!" Michonne called out, flinching towards him now to try and get him to fall but it didn't work as she ended up falling.

"I win." Carl declared.

"I wanna try." Lillian spoke up as she walked up beside Rick.

"No—" Rick started but was interrupted.

"You're on but we will have to take a rain check for now, okay kiddo?" Michonne spoke louder than Rick. She reached over to Lillian and ruffled her hair. Lillian gave her a small nod. She was disappointed but they did have to get going.

Carl stuck his hand out towards Michonne. "Pay up." Michonne gave him a look before signing and winging her backpack around. Lillian wondered what she was giving him because she hadn't heard about any prizes. She wasn't really paying attention to them either. She watched as Michonne held out two candy bars towards him. "Is that really the last Big Cat?"

Carl reached for the Big Cat and Michonne made a face. "Oh, come on."

"Hey, but you said winner's choice." Carl reminded her with a smile on his face as he grabe it from her hands.

"Go ahead, take it. It's yours." Michonne grumbled as she dropped the other one in her backpack and zipped it up. "You won it fair and square."

Carl split the candy in half and held it out towards Michonne When she didn't take it, he spoke up. "Come on. We always share."

Michonne grinned as she took it. "Fork it over." They laughed a little as Michonne split her part of the candy again and handed half of the half to Lillian.

Lillian smiled as she took it from Michonne. "Thank you."

Eventually, they trialed off into the woods. It had gotten darker, which meant it was colder outside. They set up a camp, started a fire, and started cooking.