10. I Missed You

Lillian woke up to the sun shining through the window, she hadn't even remembered falling asleep but she knew she was in Colton's room. The boy that she just met yesterday. She looked around, seeing that she was the only one in the bedroom. She was laying with her feet towards the head board of the bed and her head at the opposite end, she had a pillow and a blanket covering her. She hasn't remembered having either of them before she fell asleep.

Lillian threw her blanket off and looked around the room. She'd never get bored with everything that was going on with it. She was never one for room decorations, she didn't see the point in them but now she definitely did.

"Lillian! You're awake?" Colton cheered as he walked into the room. "Are you hungry? Do you want some food?"

Lillian nodded a yes as she quickly followed behind the boy who booked it downstairs. She didn't understand why he had to much energy all the time. Basically went to sleep with lots of energy and woke up with it too. Lillian appreciated the boy, he made her feel more welcome, less awkward.

"Good morning Lillian!" Maggie watched as the two came downstairs.

"G'mornin'." Lillian went and sat at the table, hoping she wouldn't have to ask for breakfast.

"I'm cooking some eggs if you are interested." Maggie held up and titled the pan slightly, showing Lillian the scrambled eggs that were being cooked up.

"Yes, please." Lillian accepted the offer, grateful that she hadn't had to ask.

"You haven't heard about Carl yet, have you?" Colton spoke with excitement.

"No. Why? What happened?" Lillian asked frantically, her eyes widening.

"He's doing so much better. Shane came back with the anesthesia and they managed to stitch him all back up!" Colton smiled happily. Lillian quickly stood from her seat, heading to the room where they kept Carl.

Lillian softly knocked on the door before opening it. She looked to see both Lori and Rick sitting at his side.

"Uh— Colton told me he was doing much better." Lillian slowly walked into the room. Lori patted part of the bed where Carl wasn't at, inviting her to take a seat.

"Is that the little boy's name?" Rick questioned her, which she responded with a nod as she hopped up on the bed. "He was in here a couple of times, checking in on Carl. Talking about how he hoped we would find Sophia and that she would be okay." Rick smiled softly. It seemed like Lillian wasn't the only one who had taken a liking to Colton.

"Fever's gone down." Hershel informed them. And that's when Carl started to squirm.

"Baby?" Lori tried to get her sons attention, speaking softly as he began to wake up.

"Carl?" Rick too, spoke softly to his son. Lillian watched as Carl opened his eyes, she quickly got up, just like his parents had and stood next to Rick.

"Sophia? Lillian? Are they okay? " He mumbled out. Lillian reached his his shoulder, grabbing his attention.

"Hi." She mumbled softly at him with a smile, which he weakly returned.

"Sophia is fine." Rick lied to Carl. Lillian almost showed how shocked she was but masked it quickly. It was smart, Carl needed to rest up but in the long run it would only do damage.

"Rest." Lori urged her son. "We'll be right here, okay?"

"Okay." Carl mumbled as his eyes had already been closing.

"They're here." T-Dog walked into the room and announced. Lillian looked confused and looked over at Rick.

"The others. The rest of them." He informed her. Lillian's day was probably the best she had had in a while. Carl was recovering. She had a new friend. Daryl was finally back. She quickly ran out the door, out the main door to see Daryl just getting off of his motorcycle. Daryl was shocked as he saw the little girl run towards him, so were everyone else who had just arrived.