41. Tell a Hero's Tale

Lillian had multiple dosages of medicine but she finally got her strength back. She had overcame the sickness faster than almost everyone else. She slept for a while though, too. She had woken up the next morning to a massive explosion.

"Lilli!" Glenn yelled as he stumbled to her door way. He was still relatively sick and weak. Lillian was quick on her feet as she felt her heart beating fast in her chest. There was panicked screams and yelling coming from all around the cell block. "Something is happening, we gotta go!" Glenn rushed her.

"What's happening?" Lillian asked urgently, feeling a rumble break through the prison ground.

"I don't know. Lets go!" Glenn rushed as he turned, quickly limping to the stairs. Lillian was in pursuit beside him as she grabbed onto his arm and wrapped it around her shoulder, her other arm holding onto Glenn's body to help him move. They made their way slowly down the stairs just in time to see Maggie running towards them, her face fear full.

"Glenn! Lillian!" She screamed at both of them as they took the last step down the stairs.

"What the hells going on?" Glenn hollered back at her over all the panicked screaming of others. Glenn suddenly put most of his weight on Lillian, causing them to almost fall over before Maggie grabbed onto Glenn.

"You okay?" Maggie asked loudly to Lillian, earning a quick nod. "We have to get everybody out of here!" Maggie screamed before there was a massive explosion. Maggie pushed Glenn forward as Lillian moved them with, the explosion causing her ears to ring as her hands immediately flew over her ears. A piece of debris flew and hit her shin. She turned and realized that the building had just been blown up.

"Holy shit!" Lillian scream out, her voice panicked.

"Lilli, go to the bus! Don't wait for us." Maggie called out to her. Maggie was helping Glenn along, which slowed them down. Lillian looked to Maggie and gave her a nod.

Lillian wasn't going to the bus though. She quickly pushed past people and made it outside. She ran behind some people, ducking low as gunshots fired from all around. She made it to Cell Block C entrance and quickly ran through, She pushed the doors open with all of her strength and ran straight down the first pair of steps and right into the cell block. She ran right up the stairs and into her cell room.

She would tell a hero's tale of making sure that everyone was aware and out of the cell block but really she couldn't leave Lola behind. Lillian heard more explosions from outside as her shaky hands grabbed her dark blue backpack. She tore Lola off of her bed and shoved her into the backpack. She tore Daryl's flannel that she's had forever now, off of the top bunk and shoved that into the backpack too. She quickly slipped on the backpack and ran into Daryl's cell. It didn't take long before she managed to find what she was looking for. Her knife.

Lillian booked it down the stairs as another explosion ran loud. Her ears ringing as she tripped up the stairs near the door to lead outside. She hit her head on the edge of the last step, letting out a cry as she body fell onto the steps. A spiking throb shot throughout her head, as she slid down to sit on one of the steps. She reached her hand up, touching her forehead. Another pain shot through it as she did, a wince leaving her mouth. She felt her body go numb as her vision blurred. She relaxed, laying her head on the stairs. She couldn't move. Her eyes began to feel heavy as she listened to gun shots ring from outside. She let her eyes drop for a second.

When she opened back her eyes it was quiet. Her eyes became wide as she used the railing to pull herself up, and stumbled out of the door. She ran through the fenced path way, her knife ready in her hands as she looked around. Walkers began to approach her from her left. The growling of them loud as she looked around at all of the bodies. The place was destroyed.