35. The End... or Something

TW: ED

Lillian packed all of her stuff. She made sure she didn't leave anything behind. Well, the one thing she did was her drawing to Caden. She forgot about it being under her pillow when she first found it and when she lifted her pillow to make sure she wasn't missing anything, there it was. She only set the pillow back down and ignored it.

She packed every new piece of clothing that they had gotten for her on runs, her new coloring books, and Lola The Elephant.

She threw her backpack over her shoulder and walked quickly out of the cell. She noticed as soon as she walked down the stairs, how her stomach clinched and she got dizzy from moving too fast. She knew she was hungry but she couldn't be bothered.

She walked her stuff out to the car, where Beth grabbed it from her and placed it into the car. Lillian took a step back and watched as Carl made his way over to the car too. Rick tried to grab him but Carl quickly tore his arm away. The bruise that she gave him on his cheek bone was vibrant. Lillian didn't know what Carl's mood lately was, but it honestly was exhausting.

Lillian lost balance, stumbling back slightly before just falling down on her butt. She felt her cheeks burn from embarrassment as Beth bent down to her.

"You okay, Lilli?" Beth asked her, placing a hand on her back.

"Yeah." Lillian huffed as she moved to stand up, getting her first foot on the ground before stumbling again. This time Beth pulled her to her feet before she could fall again, giving her a worried look and she kept her hands on Lillian's shoulders to steady her. Lillian didn't know what was happening but she didn't like it. She felt dizzy as she made major movements, like she had no balance. She also felt more tired, even though she had been sleeping more than everyone else basically.

"Everything okay?" Glenn called out to them from the other car after seeing what happened. That made many other heads turn to see what he was talking about.

"Lilli keeps falling." Beth's tone worried as she looked up to tell Glenn.

"No. I'm fine. I just tripped." Lillian told them. She really didn't like everyone looking at her. She looked over at Carol who was giving her that same mom look that she did yesterday, when she told her that she had eaten dinner. Carol approached Lillian, laying the back of her hand on her forehead.

"When was the last time you ate, Lilli?" Carol asked her. Lillian felt intimidated by the question as Carol stood in front of her with her arms now crossed.

"Yesterday." Lillian mumbled, trying to maintain eye contact with Carol to make it seem believe able even though she was lying.

"Lillian." Carol said sternly. That's when Daryl came walking up beside Carol which only intimated Lillian more.

"What's wrong with ya?" Daryl grumbled as he walked up. Lillian felt her heart beat in her chest as she looked down at the ground.

"Guys..." Beth breathed out. "Don't scare her into telling us." Beth pulled back Lillian a little closer to her before she took Lillian by the hands, taking a step back, and kneeled down. "You haven't eaten in a while, have you?" Beth asked sweetly.

Lillian didn't want to tell them she hadn't eaten for a while. Realistically, the other day she had a granola bar and a half. That held her over for a while. It must have been because of all the running. Her and Daryl did do a lot of it. 

Lillian looked at Beth, she felt less intimated by her but she still felt the hard stares from Carol and Daryl behind her.

"I guess." Lillian whispered.