6. Confront

While they were on their way to the CDC Lillian was anxious. Moving to a different place for the second time gave her anxiety. Especially since there were dead people walking around and eating peoples brains now. She continued to stay mad at her mom or more like hurt but she didn't want to show it. She was concerned about her mom, but was so angry. She was tired of feeling so little compared to her mom. She was a big girl.

Lillian sat silently, frowning as she looked out of the window. Beary was securely held in her lap as her legs were crossed on the seat. She noticed as the woods began to pass slower and they soon came to a stop. She looked over to Daryl a with furrowed eyebrows.

"They radioed, somethin' wrong with the RV." Daryl spoke as he opened his door to get out of the car. "Stay put."

"Can i come with?" Lillian questioned him softly.

"What'd i say earlier?" Daryl raised his eyebrows. Lillian sighed and turned her head out of the window. She was supposed to do what Daryl told her, but she wasn't his responsibility so if she doesn't listen, that's on her. She listened to the car door shut and watched as Daryl walked in front of the truck around to the RV.

Lillian quickly unblocked her seatbelt and turned to look out of the back window. She knew the Dixon's had a motorcycle but she wasn't aware of whose it actually was. She thought it would be funny seeing both Daryl and Merle ride on the motorcycle. Her daddy wanted one, always talked about getting a 2000 Harley Davidson. The only reason she remembered that was cause it was her birthday year. She wondered when her birthday was coming up. She knew it was October 31st, halloween! She loved having a halloween birthday, it was never hard to forget. She wondered if there was ever gonna be halloween again or if dead people eating alive peoples brains was enough to cancel it. She hoped that maybe when the time came, she could dress up still. Her mama said last time she had asked that her birthday was in a couple of months, she didn't seem completely sure she when had asked her though.

"Jim doesn't want to go any further, we're leavin' 'em here." Daryl spoke through her window, spooking her out of her thoughts. She nodded as she turned back to sit correctly in her seat. "You ain't gon' say goodbye?" He questioned her.

"No." Lillian said plainly, readjusting Besry in her lap. Thinking about leaving Jim behind made her sad, but seeing him before leaving him behind would make it worse. She didn't want to look at him and then attempt to drag him back instead of leaving him to die. But at the end of the day, it was his choice. Daryl nodded and got back in the truck and all of the car began to move again.

"Hey Daryl," Lillian started, looking over at him. He glanced over at her before answering with a 'hmm'. "Whose motorcycle is that?"

"Merle's." Daryl answered short.

"Ohh. My daddy wants a motorcycle. He wants a 2000 Harley Davidson. He ain't ever get one though, my mama said it was too much and we couldn't afford it." Lillian began to ramble. Daryl listened and grunted when she finished speaking. Lillian frowned slightly at his response. She knew when someone was uninterested when she spoke, but usually they'd tell her to go 'fuck with someone else's ears'. She didn't really understand what that meant, but she took it as a leave me alone. So she turned back to the window, resting her head on the seat.

Although it seemed as if Daryl was basically ignoring the girl, he was really just trying to think of a way to ask the girl if her mom hit her often. He barely witnessed Brooklyn shoved her kid harshly to the ground, but it was enough to show that she didn't care. Daryl knew she wasn't the best person given her degrading of her child in-front of himself and Merle, but also the drugs that she took often to get high. He would've never guessed that she hurt the kid, not after almost loosing her the other night. The situation made him uneasy, reminded him of his old man with his drinking problems.