14. Colton...

The next morning, Lillian woke up quite early. Everything hurt pretty bad still, she planned to go back in the house and ask for more painkillers from Hershel again. When Lillian walked out of the tent, she saw Carl walk by with his mom.

"Carl!" Lillian called out, a smile spreading across her face. She watched as Carl looked at her, then back at his mom, and then once again to her before he ran over.

"Lilli!" Carl approached her with a smile as well before giving her a weird look.

"What?" Lillian's face dropped, furrowing her eyebrows at the boy.

"What happened to your face?" Carl reached his hand up but Lillian backed away.

"Fell off a horse. Rolled down a hill."

"Woah! You were all by yourself?"

"No. Daryl was with me."

"Daryl let you go?"

"He did. Probably won't anymore." Lillian replied, her tone laced with disappointment. "How are you feeling?"

"Waaay better! Like my hat?" Carl smiled proudly.

"Your dad's hat? Yeah." Lillian reached up and smacked the rim of it. "Why do you have it?"

"Well it's my hat now. He gave it to me cause i got shot, just like he did." Carl fixed his hat, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Okay, tough guy." Lillian laughed at him.

"Good morning, Lillian." Lori said with a smile as she walked up to the kids. "Let's go get some food, kids. Hershel gave me some pain medicine for you, Lillian." Lori told the girl. Lillian was very grateful that she didn't have to go get it herself but didn't say anything. She simply followed along side of Carl as they walked to the fire pit.

Lillian sat down on a log but regretted how fast she did as the pain in her stomach reminded her of the bruise. She let out a small noise as she squeezed her eyes.

"You okay?" Carl asked her with a concerned look as he sat down on his own log. Lori walked over to the girl, holding out three two different pills with a water. Lillian took the pills and drank the water quickly. She had a hard time taking pills if she sat and hesitated, so she didn't.

"I've got a pretty bad bruise from the fall. Or as Colton says 'gnarly' bruise." Lillian informed him. Lori handed both of the kids a paper plate of food. Lillian looked at what was some type of meat sitting on the plate.

"Colton?" Carl questioned.

"Yeah. The blond boy. He's apart of Hershel's family."

"Ohh that kid. He's annoying." Carl shrugged as he took a bite of his food. Lillian took a small bite of hers, she still couldn't tell what it was but continued to eat it. She ignored Carl's comment. She didn't quite understand what everyone had against Colton.

"Be nice, Carl." Lori told Carl in a stern voice. "Lillian, why don't you go shower when you are finished eating?" She stood behind Carl with her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, you kinda smell." Carl jokes, scrunching his face with a smile. Lillian looked at Carl, knowing that she probably did smell.

"You smell!" She threw back at Carl.

Before Carl could say anything more, Lori cut in. "Lillian." She raised her eyebrows. Lillian hunched her shoulders, looking down at her food.

"Yeah." She mumbled, not wanting to get herself in more trouble. Lillian did suddenly notice that she had been wearing the same clothes for a couple of days. They had dried in the Georgia sun both times that they had gotten wet, leaving them dirty and smelly. She didn't really have any other clothes though, all of her clothes were in her mama's bag which got left at the CDC.