15. Walkers

The next morning they all gathered around for breakfast. Lillian sat on a log right next to Daryl as she ate. She was glad that he was feeling better, she also had been feeling a little better. Hershel said that he would take out the stitches in a week, which Lillian looked forward to. She couldn't really feel the pain from her lip, the pain on her stomach was kind of constant and distracted her from the small aching pain in her lip. Hershel also gave her a baggy of the medicine, told her to take two pills each morning with her breakfast and so she did. The pills definitely helped a lot.

Lillian glanced over at Carl, who was sitting next to his mom. She had the urge to talk to him but decided against it. She wondered if he was still mad and if he was still mad, how could she fix it? She guessed it didn't help that yesterday when he was really mad at her and Colton, that calling him a ball clincher was probably not helping it.

"Um, guys." Lillian looked up to see Glenn standing nervously, his voice shaking as he talked. "So... The barn is full of walkers." Everyone stopped what they were doing and gave Glenn a weird look, Lillian included. Not much was said before they all walked towards the barn, Shane in lead.

Lillian watched nervously, from beside Shane as he looked into the barn before turning around and storming back to the group.

"You cannot tell me you're alright with this?" His voice angry as he spoke towards Rick.

"No I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land." Rick threw back at him, in the same tone of voice. Lillian pulled on her shirt nervously. She almost wanted to see the the walkers in the barn.

"Oh god. This is our lives man!" Shane raised his voice.

"Lower your voice." Lori scolded Shane.

"We can't just swap this under the rug." Andrea said, adding her opinion.

"It ain't right. Not remotely." T-Dog adding his too.

"We either gotta go in there, we gotta make things right or we've just got to go." Shane told the group. "Now we have been talking about fort Benning for a long time now—" He started to suggest but Rick interrupted him.

"We can't go."

"Why, Rick? Why?" Shane questioned the man. Lillian didn't want to go. Not just because Shane wanted to go but because she had made friends here. She liked having Colton around because he was funny even if he could be annoying. She also liked Maggie a lot. She was very sweet to her.

"Because my daughter is still out there." Carol told Shane.

"Okay." Shane scoffed, with a smile on his face causing Lillian to furrow her eyebrows and clinch her hands into her shirt. "Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility."

"No!" Lillian raised her voice at him. The group looked at her for a second, Shane gave her a mean look.

"We are not leaving Sophia behind." Rick told Shane.

"I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago." Daryl began to pace as he walked a little closer to Shane. His sentence, making Shane laugh.

"You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll."

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about." Daryl approached Shane as he raised his voice, throwing his arm up.

"You're being a fucking ball clincher, Shane!" Lillian told the man, raising her voice with a mean look, trying to be as intimidating at possible. She earned a couple of gasps from the group.

"Lillian!" Lori scolded, but Lillian ignored her.

"The fuck do you know little girl? Go play with your dolls and stay out of the adult business, huh?" Shane screamed at her.

South Tree * TWDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara