18. Dale

Lillian was determined to learn how to make flower crowns. She had seen it in movies and there was a bunch of flowers sitting around in the fields, Daryl called them weeds which didn't make any sense to Lillian cause those are the things you smoke. You don't smoke flowers.

Daryl told her that she should go back to the main camp, hangout with a Carl while he went to talk to the new kid Randall. They were meant to take him and drop him off someone yesterday but they came back with him instead.

So on the way to the main camp, Lillian picked up as many flowers as she could. She sat in a chair with the flowers all in her lap. She tried to tie them stem to stem, but then didn't have another stem to tie another one to. She got frustrated and swept all of the flowers onto the ground. Everyone began to gather around the fire, wanting to know a plan.

"So what you gonna do? We'd all feel better if we knew the plan." Lori asked Shane and Rick. She was kneeling in front of the fire, pouring something into a cup for Carl.

"Is there a plan?" Andrea asked as well.

"We gonna keep him here?" This question came from Glenn. Lillian sighed, so many questions. Just let them answer one at a time.

"We'll know soon enough." Rick told the group. Lillian heard footsteps coming from behind her, so she turned around to see if it was Daryl finally coming back. Which it was but something was different, blood stained his hands. Lillian turned back, sitting correctly in her seat and tried to pretend like she didn't know he hit the new kid.

"Boy there's got a gang, 30 men." Daryl announced as he walked up. "They have heavy artillery and they ain't looking to make friends. They roll through here, our boys are dead. And our women- they're gonna— they're gonna wish they were." Daryl explained. Lillian swallowed thick, she didn't like that thought.

"What'd you do to him?" Carol asked. She didn't seem to approve.

"Had a little chat." Daryl stated, nonchalantly. Lillian rolled her eyes, looking down at her lap which still had some dirt on it, sweeping the rest of the dirt off.

"Nobody go near this guy." Rick told the group.

"Rick, what are you gonna do?" Lori asked her husband quietly.

"We have no choice. He's a threat. We have to eliminate the threat." Lillian thought about what Rick said. She also thought about what Daryl had told her yesterday. How it's not right to be hit for doing something bad. Why doesn't this apply to this situation? What did the kid do to their group.

"You're just gonna kill him?" Dale asked.

"It's settled. I'll do it today." Rick announced before he turned to walk away, Dale followed closely after him. When Carl got up, walking away, Lillian followed closely after him.

"Hey, where are you going?" She asked him as she walked next to him.

"Gonna ask Shane about the new kid." Carl told her. "You can come with, if you want." Lillian accepted his offer and kept up with him as they approached Shane who was walking near the shed.

"So he's a kid?" Carl asked Shane.

"He ain't a kid. Just— that's a figure of speech."

"Can we see him?" Carl looked back at Lillian then to Shane again as he asked.

"No." Shane was quick to shoot him down. "Look, man, this is— this is grown-up stuff, all right?" Shane explained as he stopped walking to look at Carl. "You just— you just let us handle this." Then he walked away.

"We are grown-ups, right Lilli?" Carl grinned at Lillian.

"Yeah. We can handle this stuff too." Lillian agreed.