8. Chase Her

After driving for a while, they had came to a stop to refuel. That's when Daryl decided that he was gonna ditch the truck and just take the bike.

"Can I just ride with you, please?" Lillian begged as she stood aside, watching as Daryl slowly rolled the bike off of the truck.

"Nah. You're better off in the RV." Daryl spoke, not making eye contact with the girl.

"But I can hold on real tight!" She continued to try and convince him, but was met with a shake of the head. She was too tired to continue trying to beg and it was clear as day that the girl hadn't been able to sleep since they had left the CDC, no matter how boring the car ride was. Her eyebags were massive, eyes super red but they had calmed down after she couldn't cry anymore.Part of her wanted to tell Daryl why she didn't want to leave him, but she thought that Daryl would tell her to 'stop bein' over dramatic'. She didn't think that her wanting to make sure Daryl wouldn't 'leave' like her mom did was overdramatic but maybe it was to him. It probably would've been for her daddy if he was still here.

She was torn out of her thoughts when she felt a hand on her head. "I'll see ya next time we stop. Everyone's gettin' ready to leave. Get to the RV." Daryl smoothed down her hand with his palm before moving to get on his bike. Lillian felt a little more reassured, she watched Daryl for a few seconds before heading towards the RV.

"Hey Lilli." She heard Glenn say from the passenger seat of the RV as she walked in. She mumbled a hi as she walked past and sat down over at the which she had sat at last time she thought her mama was dead, sitting next to Andrea.

"Son, let's saddle up!" She heard Dale scream to someone before he entered the RV. Lillian watched the door to see who it was, turning out to be Shane. Of course, just her luck. She wished she had asked to smoosh in with Rick, his family, Sophia and her mom but it was too late now. Lillian out on her meanest glare as she watched him take a seat next to him. Oh boy, was this going to be a long ride.

She sat back with her arms crossed as Shane brought out a gun and began disassembling it, testing tools to clean it with on the table. Lillian had remembered her daddy cleaning guns when they still lived at home. On multiple occasions she had watched him take apart and clean a gun that she hadn't even seen him use before. Why was it dirty if he hadn't used it? She had listened to Shane and Andrea talk about guns a little bit.

"I could clean yours, show you how." She offered before he reached down. Lillian furrowed her eyebrows as she was curious what Shane had been reaching for. She heard the click noise that a gun makes when you cock it. She watched as the man held up the gun. "Oh yeah. It's a sweet piece." Lillian, now uncomfortable with who she was sitting by, she slipped under the table to get to the other side. Once she stood up, both of the adult looked at her with strange looks which she only dismissed with a glare.

"Hey Glenn?" Lillian stood right next to his chair, holding onto it for balance.

"Oh hey, yeah?" Glenn looked awkward as he turned back to the little girl.

"D'ya think I can get a turn sitting here for a bit?" She asked nervously, chewing on the inside of her mouth as she waited for a response.

"Yeah, sure. If it's okay with Dale." Glenn looked over at Dale for assurance as he spoke.

"Well I don't see why not!" Dale smiled at the girl quickly before turning back to the road.

"Thank you." She mumbled to the both of them as Glenn got up from the seat and squeezed past her. She sat down , finally taking her backpack off and holding it in her lap.

"How much longer do you think we are gonna be drivin'?" Lillian asked, glancing over at Dale.

"I'm not sure.— Oh jeez." Dales tried to answer as they had rolled up to a big traffic snarl. Lillian sat a little taller, looking out of the window to see what Dale was 'oh jeez'ing about. "Oh no." She heard the man mumble, putting the RV to a stop. Daryl's motorcycle rumble sounded as he made his way slowly through the crowd of cars, stopping when he got close to Dale's window.