29. Turn Your back

Lillian wanted to run straight to her room but she stood next to Merle as they stood outside of the apartment door. When her dad finally opened the door, he had a glass of beer in his hand with a smile.

"Well, look who's finally decided to come home." Her dad hiccuped, a small giggle left his lips as he leaned against the door. Lillian refused to look at him.

"Lillian got into a little bit of trouble." Merle mumbled, nudging the girl forward before he turned to walk away quickly. Lillian looked up at her dad slightly, he was looking down at her with no expression.

Lillian's dad sigh. "Come on." He stepped out of the door way, allowing Lillian to walk into the apartment. She soon as she stepped foot in there, she wanted to immediately run into the room she was staying in and lock the doors but she stood awkwardly in the kitchen as her dad closed the door. He turned around to look at her as he took a big swig out of his beer.

"They're lying to you—" Lillian started but stopped when her dad held up a finger towards her.

"This is uh— this is a good place." Lillian's dad slurred as he made his way to the living room. Lillian stayed in the kitchen, her hands balled into her shirt. "You can't mess it up." He relaxed into the couch, taking a swig from his beer once more.

"Do you understand?" He looked over at Lillian, raising his voice as he slurred. Lillian responded with a nod. "Good. Come sit with your pops." He mumbled.

Lillian dragged her feet as she walked towards the couch and sat down next to him. Neither of them said anything. Lillian didn't know what to say. Should she tell her dad about the Governor? Would he ever care? Would he care if he held a gun up to her head and made her feel gross?

Her dad sat, taking swigs from his beer until it was empty. That's when he finally spoke up. "Get me another beer, darlin'." He cooed as he leaned forward, setting the empty beer bottle on the coffee table.

Lillian was quick to jump up and walk to the fridge. She grabbed a cold beer from the fridge and handed it to him, before she turned to walk away but she was quickly stopped by her dad grabbing her arm. His touch was gentle.

"Spend some time with me." He pleaded. Lillian turned around to see the soft look on his face. It almost made Lillian want to jump into his arms and cry but she reminded herself. He's drunk. He's way past the mean drunk he was on the everyday, he was drunk, drunk.

Lillian went to sit back down next to him. She felt like she had been sitting there forever but was probably only an hour if that as she waited for her dad to fall asleep. Eventually, he did, dropping the beer bottle onto the ground. It spilling beer onto the nice cream carpet. Lillian waited a few seconds after hearing the noise, to make sure he was asleep before she slowly pushed herself off the couch and made it back to the room she was staying in.

Lillian quickly grabbed her clothes that she discarded on the floor yesterday and made it her way quickly to the bathroom. She took off her clothes, throwing the shirt that she felt like she had been wearing forever and turned on the shower, making it as hot as she could. She stepped into the shower as soon as it started to steam and took a wash cloth to her skin, scrubbing every part of her.

She felt dirty, even though she took a shower not even 24 hours ago. She felt all of the eyes, the hands, that touched her and felt them burn through her skin. She didn't understand it. She didn't understand why she felt so dirty. Something felt wrong and she didn't know what did or how to fix it. But kept feeling the Governor's touch, the way he spoke so softly and nicely to her but it all felt so wrong.

After her shower, she pulled on the dirty clothes that she arrived in. The clothes that were so dirty, made her feel safer than the shirt did. She ignored it as she rushed out of the bathroom, back into the guest room. She quickly shoved whatever was outside of her bag, into it. She threw her backpack over her shoulder, walking back into the main room where the door was. She was quick to walk to the door, but glanced at her passed out dad who laid on the couch.