19. Another Funeral

"Dale could— could get under your skin." Rick began. Everyone stood outside around the many graves they now had as the sun had already been setting. This time it was a funeral for Dale. Lillian stood next to Daryl, she had been quiet. Hasn't said anything from last night but she stood with tears in her eyes as she listened.

"He sure got under mine," Rick continued. "because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought. How he felt. That kind of honest is rare and brave. Whenever is make a decision, i'd look at Dale. He'd be looking back at me with that look he had. We've all seen it one time or another. I couldn't always read him, but he could read us. He saw people for who they were. He knew things about us. The truth, who we really are. I'm the end, he was talking about losing our humanity. He said this group was broken. The best way to honor him is to unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives, our safety... our future. We're not broken. We're gonna prove him wrong. From now on we're gonna do it his way. That is how we honor Dale."

^^^

Lillian flipped through her book, the book that Daryl had given her. She studied the pages, determined to find out every single thing about them instead of face reality. She didn't want to think about anything else, she didn't really want to do anything else either. She was upset about Dale, just after they had buried Sophia, they buried yet another person from their group. Lillian tried to not think about who might be next, so she continued to flip the next page and count the stripes on the fish.

"Hey. Ya doin' okay?" Lillian heard Daryl from beside her. She nodded, not bothering to look up at him. "We're finishin' movin' stuff to the house. Ya wanna go inside?" He offered. Lillian, again, responded with a head shake. Daryl sighed but left it at that as he walked away.

Lillian was sitting at a tree, the tree that she had been sitting at previously when she first got to the farm. She liked the tree, it was nice and isolated. She would rather the tree then the house, just cause it was going to be so crammed in there. With Hershel's family and the group, there would be no wiggle room. Carl and Colton would probably end up sharing a room, without her. Cause she was a girl. It kind of bothered her but whether or not the bathroom would be free when she really had to go concerned her more.

"Honey. Lillian, come on. Let's go to the house." Lori called for her. Lillian looked up this time, seeing Lori walking towards her. "Come on." She repeated as she stood in front of her.

"Daryl said I can stay here." Lillian told her as she looked back down to her book.

"Yeah, well Daryl isn't very responsible. Come on, sweetheart. You can help bring stuff inside." Lori held out her hand but Lillian didn't take it. She huffed as she closed her book and stood up, looking at Lori as she waited for her to move. Lori studied Lillian for a second before turning and walking. Lillian followed behind Lori sluggishly when they had gotten to the truck.

She thought about what Colton had told her the other day, about her having a baby. "Are you having a baby?" Lillian asked pretty loudly as she walked up beside Lori, who gave her a weird look before she reached into the trunk of the truck.

"Yeah." Lori mumbled, picking up a couple of bags and holding them in front of Lillian. "Take it inside." Lillian gave her a weird look before she grabbed the two bags which were basically the size of her and put one on her back and holding the other with two hands.

Okay, sensitive topic. Lillian rolled her eyes to herself as she walked away, limping with all the weight that had been added to her. T-Dog was walking out just as she was approaching the door, so he held it open for her as she walked in. She dropped the bags right beside the door.