Sergei's mansion, where the trouble begins

Late at night, Kwon Taek Joo quietly woke up. He carefully stepped up the stairs and climbed down. Zhenya must have been in a deep sleep because he didn't move. He stared at his face in anticipation, but inside his closed eyelids there was only silence. His breathing was even and calm. Kwon Taek Joo only left the room after confirming multiple times that Zhenya was asleep.
He lowered the sound of his footsteps and walked gingerly through the dark hallway. The first destination is the homeowner's room. It was late so he tried knocking on the door. Occasionally there was a noise coming from inside, and the door quickly opened. The sleepy homeowner suddenly stuck his head out. He nodded and said sorry.
"Sorry it's late, but can I make an international call?"
Kwon Taek Joo gave another excuse for dropping his phone into the toilet. Of course, it's different from the truth. He also added that today is his single mother's birthday in Korea. Of course that was also a lie.
The homeowner with an annoyed expression reluctantly let Kwon Taek Joo into the room. Then he gave me the phone and instructions on how to make an international call. He carefully explained how the fare was calculated before going out.
As soon as the door closed, Kwon Taek Joo picked up the receiver. He rarely had personal contact with the person he was trying to call right now. In strategy, he mainly uses walkie-talkies and SNS messages for other tasks. Because of that, Kwon Taek Joo had a hard time remembering this person's contact phone number.
After a long while, only a waiting signal rang out from the receiver. I don't know if the person went to bed early or not but the other person didn't quickly receive the call. Finally, a voice announced that the customer could not answer the phone, Kwon Taek Joo did not give up and pressed the callback button. The beeping started again. Just when he thought he should give up, the voice he had been waiting for all this time rang out.
"Hello?"
"Yoon Jong Woo."
-Money... senior?
He was immediately startled when he realized it was Kwon Taek Joo. "What's going on?" The stuttering voice had no feeling of joy or nostalgia at all. On the contrary, it seems that if he had known in advance, he would not have picked up the phone, and was left scratching his head.
"I have a favor to ask."
-Thank you...? Suddenly? Where are you now? Why is the phone number like this?
"You don't need to know that, just listen carefully to what I say."
Kwon Taek Joo couldn't explain the details to Yoon Jong Woo. Even colleagues belonging to the same organization are strictly prohibited from revealing combat content. That's why Yoon Jong Woo doesn't know where Kwon Taek Joo is and what he's doing. So he asked for help as discreetly as possible. Call it a favor, but it's no different from a one-way directive.
"I sent a photo to your email, let's find out what he's doing."
-Who is that?
"You think I already knew that but still called you? Hmm?"
-Oh, that's right. Because I don't know, I asked for help.
Yoon Jong Woo smiled awkwardly and looked confused. A while ago Kwon Taek Joo sent a photo of Zhenya to his email. He said that the two of them happened to be together and also gave him directions to investigate. If it's Yoon Jong Woo. he cannot only find out the personal information of the person in the photo but also unofficial information.
Kwon Taek Joo looked around warily and emphasized again.
"Hurry up and find out. I'll contact you via the phone number I'm calling"
-Did you change your phone?
"What, something happened."
Memories from the dav his phone was lost until now flashed like a flash of light. Every moment is filled with despair. Kwon Taek Joo rubbed the back of his head, which was almost completely healed. Thinking back, it's lucky he's still alive Now being able to talk to Yoon Jong Woo on the phone like this feels unreal.
Yoon Jong Woo hung up the phone and said he would find out as soon as possible. Except for his genius hacking skills, he is an extremely stupid junior. It's a pity, every time he remembers the past, he realizes how ungrateful people were. The more evil faces he saw, the more he realized that before was still better.
Kwon Taek Joo finished calling and walked out. There was light coming from the kitchen as he walked down the hallway. Occasionally the homeowner's voice can be heard. It seemed he was chatting with a guest who couldn't sleep yet. Kwon Taek Joo interrupted someone's sweet sleep so he wanted to stop by the kitchen for a while before returning to his room.
"Thank you. Thanks to you.."
He said hello and then suddenly stopped. Because as soon as he entered the kitchen, a familiar back appeared before his eyes. Sure enough, Zhenya turned to look at him. In front of him was a bottle of vodka and a glass. He must have been standing here chatting with the homeowner a while ago. Kwon Taek Joo suddenly felt nauseous, as if he had just done something he shouldn't have done.
Zhenya calmly asked about it as if he knew everything.
"Who are you calling?"
"Mom"
"...A ha."
Kwon Taek Joo thought he was going to tease him, but Zhenya's reaction wasn't very good. Has he realized something? It seemed that he left before the atmosphere became even more ambiguous. He quickly apologized and greeted the homeowner and glanced at Zhenya.
"Not sleep?"
"A little more."
Zhenya shook the bottle of vodka that was still more than half full. Luckily he didn't ask me to drink with him. As if saving 'he should drink alone", Kwon Taek Joo shrugged and left the kitchen. It seemed like Zhenya's eyes were glued to his back. but Kwon Taek Joo just ignored it. He also tried to shake off the growing uncomfortable feeling.
Kwon Taek Joo closed the door and climbed into the bunk bed. He pulled the blanket up to his neck and covered himself. He thought a lot about this and that and wondered if he would have a nervous breakdown if he continued like this. Starting tomorrow, his physical strength will be seriously depleted. There is nothing better than good sleep to improve your health. Kwon Taek Joo tried to force himself to sleep.
When Kwon Taek Joo's restlessness subsided, the surroundings became quieter. Snow fell outside the window again. Occasionally there is noise from the kitchen not far away. At first it annoyed him, but gradually the white noise became like a lullaby. His whole body became sluggish and his eyelids drooped heavily. He
laid facing the wall and slowly fell asleep.
Snow falls, piles up, it was blown away by the wind, then piles up again. A long time has passed like that. It was almost dawn and it looked like dawn would soon break.
Suddenly, the door that had been tightly closed all this time opened. Zhenya entered. He went straight to bed after drinking the entire bottle of vodka alone, so it was just in time to get a good night's sleep. But instead of returning to his bed, he reached out and grabbed the second floor railing.
Zhenya is very tall so you can immediately see the back of Kwon Taek Joo's neck. His straight back continuously rose and fell as he breathed. He looked at that extremely peaceful scene for a while. Even though it was only for a moment, his blue eyes radiated a strange light.
"...."
Zhenya stood there and watched for so long that he forgot to blink, and only after he was bored enough did he bend over and lie down. The tension that had been stirred up by Zhenya's movements quickly calmed down. The room became silent again.
"...."
Kwon Taek Joo's eyelids, which were tightly closed, completely opened. He looked at the dark wall in front of him and was lost in thought for a long time.
——
"Can we go now?"
Zhenya asked while standing in the doorway. Kwon Taek Joo nodded while tying his tie. He is wearing a neat outfit after a long time. Kwon Taek Joo usually only wears a shirt and vest outside, but today he paid special attention. It's been a long time since he's buttoned his shirt up to the neck. The tie tied tightly around the neck was suffocating. He put on his vest and coat one by one and buttoned it up, Zhenya came up behind him. He immediately put the fur coat on Kwon Taek Joo's shoulders while he was still looking at him curiously. Do you look too shabby to play an arms broker?
Natural hairs gently wrap around his skin. The shirt was heavier than he thought, making him feel like he was wearing armor made of steel. Kwon Taek was enjoying the feeling of touching that soft fur when he suddenly looked in the mirror and was surprised. He had never been called small in his life. but his reflection in the mirror looked like a teenage boy stealing his father's clothes. The width is a bit large but still acceptable, but the length is an issue. The hem of the jacket, which had touched Zhenya's ankles, was dragging on the floor.
"This..I refuse"
He took off his fur coat and handed it back to Zhenya with a frown on his face. Zhenya, on the other hand, looked triumphant. Looking at his eyes curled up as if mocking, it was clear that he did it intentionally. Do you suddenly do such a ticklish action just to tease others?
Kwon Taek Joo glared at Zhenya and walked out of the guest house first. The homeowner came to the front door to see the two people off.
Kwon Taek Joo intended to sit in the back seat but then moved to the front passenger seat. As he was a guest of Zhenya, sitting in the back was no problem. But if Sergei Ilyaevich was an old acquaintance of Zhenya, he would certainly be suspicious. Because that side will know that Zhenya is not a great man to take someone with him. Do not arouse any suspicions.
Zhenya quickly sat in the driver's seat. Kwon Taek Joo straightened his back without even realizing it. Whenever Zhenya was within arm's reach of him, his body stiffened. Even though they've been together for many days, Kwon Taek Joo has never let down his guard.
The car backed out of the guest house. Strong winds throughout the night blew the snow away, erasing all traces on the white snow field. The wheel rolled over the roadless mountainside leaving a long trail.
The mansion seemed far away when Kwon Taek Joo rode his bicycle facing the bitter cold, but now he soon arrived. Zhenya parked the car a short distance from the main gate and glanced at Kwon Taek Joo, wondering if he should enter or not. He took a deep breath and nodded.
"Scat."
"Obey."
Zhenya laughed loudly and suddenly pressed the accelerator. The car rushed through the entrance like it was bouncing and then ran straight to the main gate. Cameras mounted on both sides of the thick iron gate were aimed at the car. While checking the people in the car, the gun attached below also aimed at the temples of two people. If you move hastily, everyone will have a hole in their head.
A moment later, the camera returns to its original position and the iron door opens. An SUV is visible through that door. It seemed like someone had personally come to welcome the uninvited guests. Soon, the SUV's windows rolled down all at once, and fully dressed guards stuck their rifles out. Kwon Taek Joo had anticipated that level of welcome so he obediently raised his hand.
The security team confirmed that the two had no intention of resisting and nodded to follow them. At the same time, the SUV blocking the road opposite the two people's car slowly backed away. Zhenya moved the car and approached the distance where the SUV had retreated. As soon as the car entered the main gate, the heavy iron gate also closed. Two people were completely trapped inside. Kwon Taek Joo and Zhenya's eyes met and then quickly separated.
Different from the outside, the inside looks simpler, even rough. The small garden built in front of the building looks like a wasteland. It seems the reason Kwon Taek Joo couldn't find a single piece of green from the garden wasn't just because it was the middle of winter. Maybe Sergei Ilyavich is not interested in managing the building, or maybe his taste is such. Every part of the mansion is cracked and weathered. making it look like an ancient ruin.
The two were led to the front stairs of the building. The SUV stopped first, and armed men poured out from inside and surrounded his vehicle. Then, they roughly opened the driver's door and passenger door and pointed guns at the two people.
Zhenya and Kwon Taek Joo's eves met again. One of the guards couldn't wait any longer and pulled Kwon Taek Joo out. He was pushed against the body of the car and searched. All firearms were confiscated, including the Colt he was wearing on his belt and the Glock 26 inside his jacket. He also had to hand over a small knife that he didn't know could be used to peel fruit.
Zhenya cannot avoid the same thing. The man was scanning every nook and cranny of his body, constantly tilting his head as he examined the center area. Perhaps he was wondering if what was inside were human body parts. His eyes were filled with suspicion that Zhenya was hiding something else under the guise of a penis. The shape vaguely resembled a gun. Zhenya smiled sarcastically at his expression, wondering whether he should double-check or not. Soon, his penis wiggled and swayed from side to side. The man cleared his throat and quickly retreated.
At that time, a chubby Russian man came down, leading his assistant. That was Sergei Ilvavich, a distant relative of Visarion, a powerful figure of the Bogdanov family. He was once a member of the Russian parliament, but his past glory has long since faded. Sergei hid in this place when he withdrew from politics after all the scandals and rumors. It is said that from then on. he turned his attention from the world of power under the sun to the underworld.
The old mansion built on Siberian soil seemed to represent his situation, Kwon Taek Joo seemed to understand why 'SS 29, which was being developed with so much effort, was hidden here. No one would suspect that the Bogdanov family, the most powerful family in Russia, would entrust such an important item to a distant relative in the suburbs.
Sergei Ilyavich stood with his arms crossed on his staff. Although he was very chubby, his legs did not seem particularly uncomfortable. So that staff with a large pearl embedded in it was no different from a piece of jewelry. He stopped in the middle of the stairs and looked down at Kwon Taek Joo. He also calmly faced the old man. Eyes trying to understand and eyes trying to hide tense conflict.
Sergei then smiled mischievously.
"How did you get here?"
"I have something good that I want to show you."
It was Zhenya who answered the question. Sergei's eyes left Kwon Taek Joo and turned to him.
"Good stuff?
"Let's go inside first and talk slowly. I don't think this is a product that can be revealed indiscriminately in a place like this."
"Let's see, the house is a mess right now..."
He hesitated and gave a rather obvious excuse. Zhenya encouraged me with a confident tone.
"I'm sure you'll like it."
It was a voice that could captivate anyone who heard it. Is that why he calls himself a businessman? Kwon Taek Joo could feel the confidence and strength, even the cold determination that this was Sergei's only chance. His expression became a bit more serious.
It was definitely a worry. Hong Yeo Wook is currently in the mansion and 'SS-29' is also hidden there. If he carelessly brings guests and related confidential information is leaked or any trouble occurs, his position will be in big trouble. But it seemed he didn't want to give up checking to see what Zhenya had brought
Sergei smiled awkwardly then looked atZhenya and Kwon Taek Joo respectively and nodded in decision. When he turned around and went up the stairs, the guards also let go of the two men. He smoothed his wrinkled clothes and chased after Zhenya who was walking ahead. At first glance, it seemed like the two of them had succeeded in piquing Sergei's interest. A good start.
Soon, the two were led to Sergei's private reading room. Sergei, sitting at the head of the table, offered to shake hands first.
"Long time no see."
Zhenya nodded slightly and took his hand. Sergei glanced at Kwon Taek Joo as if looking for an explanation.
"He belongs to the Korean intelligence agency...
"It's just a type of mercenary."
Kwon Taek Joo put his hand out first. He did not hesitate to impersonate Chief Lim. He is living well in Korea so it is impossible for him to be falsely accused just because of this matter. This job is already quite hard and he should endure a little, this is the price that Chief Lim has to pay when pushing Kwon Taek Joo into this strategy.
Sergei held Kwon Taek Joo's hand without hesitation.
"Hello. Nice to meet you."
There was not a single empty space on his chubby finger, but it was filled with rings. If there was anyone in this world who was sad because he only had ten fingers, it was probably him. When Sergei let go of the hands that were clasped tightly with him, I don't know if it was a mistake or not, but his fingers seemed to gently touch the middle of his palm before leaving. Kwon Taek Joo was suddenly startled. Zhenya, who must have been watching everything, suddenly laughed quietly.
"We don't have much time so let's get to the point. What good stuff did you bring?"
Sergei asked with a serious face. Zhenya also began his prepared explanation.
"Not many people know about it yet, but there is a program that was jointly created between South Korea and the United States about three months ago. These two countries have realized the importance of dominating information." believe so he came up with a method to spy like a devil. With that program, there is no need to send elite agents to directly steal information or break a solid security network. Strictly speaking. Actually, it's hacking but it never leaves a trace. You don't need to risk direct contact with the enemy. Just borrow a communication device from one of his acquaintances for a bit. When that acquaintance calls the other person, sends SNS messages, regular messages, emails, and malicious code will automatically be transmitted. Thanks to that, all information going in and out of the other person's phone is recorded over time. and the other side will never know that their information is being leaked. How about that? Isn't it very interesting?"
"Hmm? This story only appears in spy movies."
"It's a reality now."
Zhenya took out his cell phone. Sergei hesitated a bit and then quietly took it in his hand. The first thing he tried was Messages. As he looked through thousands of messages, his cheeks occasionally twitched. It was a mysterious expression that seemed to be both smiling and not smiling. How would one feel when they discover that a message they only sent to a specific person is on a third party's phone?
Sergei immediately put down the phone and rubbed his hands together.
"This is so... awkward."
"There's no need to answer right away. If you want, I can wait a day for you."
So the matter will have to end in one day. Sergei looked at Zhenya with meaningful eyes and then laughed loudly. But he still seemed worried so he kept tapping his forehead many times and was lost in thought. Occasionally, he would roll his eyes and then look at Zhenya and Kwon Taek Joo respectively. The product itself was very popular, but he seemed skeptical as to why Zhenya would bring him such a good item.
Sergei hesitated for a long time and then finally nodded.
"Okay. Let's think about it and decide. The price isn't cheap, but it's an attractive enough item that I don't want to miss it. Can you please stay in this shabby place for the time being?" Are they not?"
Those involved with "SS-29" took at least a day to arrive. Sergei just needs to decide before then. If he likes it, he'll take the item, but if he hesitates, he'll just kick you two out. All that needs to be done is not to let the existence of 'SS-29' be discovered.
In other words, it was necessary to find 'SS-29' in one day, before Sergei made a decision.
Kwon Taek Joo smiled and accepted his proposal.
"Of course."