Bogdanov mansion

The Bogdanov family's mansion is truly beyond imagination with its size and luxurious appearance that can rival the Kremlin.
The blue roof over white walls exudes elegance and sophistication. The harmony between Rococo's unique soft curves and dazzling gold decorations adds a classic touch. along with meticulously crafted circular stone steps and giant marble columns supporting the ceiling. high building. Kwon Taek Joo felt the majesty and solemnity that was hard to touch through the large and sturdy gate. The light concentrated around the entire building creates a vaguely magical atmosphere.
The shadow of the main gate is bold and stretches across the lawn. The door that had been closed all this time was quietly opening after midnight. Cars were still lined up across the large garden even in the middle of the night. The mansion is located next to a large lake, so after passing the main gate, you have to walk for a while to get inside. Dense trees along the small road act as a wall separating them from the outside, discreetly hiding the activities inside the mansion.
Security is tight because the guests are famous people with high social status. Everyone must be allowed in through the main gate first and then again at the start of the path leading into the main garden. The same goes for Kwon Taek Joo's car.
An armed security guard approached and knocked on the door. Kwon Taek Joo lowered the window as instructed and then had four or five items of information checked. Even when bringing an invitation, the name listed on the attendance list, the car number, whether there is an accompanying person or not, and even the relationship with the accompanying person, all must match what has been announced. before, no exceptions.
"Can you show me the invitation, please?"
Kwon Taek Joo obediently did as requested. The guard holds a reader equipped with a special light placed near the invitation envelope. Soon, a mark that could not be seen with the naked eye appeared. A clear electronic sound rang out from the recognition device. Immediately after that, the guard carefully looked inside the car. It is to confirm the accompanying person.
It seems that the invitation letter was processed to not only hide the secret information on it but also the guest's information. When the device recognizes the card's serial number, the guest's identity will automatically appear on the screen. The intention to completely prevent uninvited guests is expressed very clearly.
The security guard carefully observed the back row and quickly said "Thank you for your cooperation." and retreat. As a result, congestion extended from the main gate to the garden entrance and from the garden entrance to the front of the mansion.
"How great is this party that an entire spy movie has to be filmed?"
Kwon Taek Joo was grumbling with a bored expression.
"I have to endure these unnecessary ridiculous things alone, is the world fair?"
Kwon Taek Joo stared at the rearview mirror and complained. He made eye contact with Zhenya sitting in the back seat. His eyes silently curled up.
"I was the only one invited, so there was no other way. There are only two ways for uninvited guests to join the party, to be a driver like now or to be a lover. If you don't like the first one, you have to disguise yourself." becomes a second one, right? It's probably worth watching."
"There's also a way to control a guard and change clothes. In such a crowded place, even if one person disappears, no one will know, right?"
"Are you the type of person who likes to live hard? If you want to use your strength, save it for important moments."
It's not wrong. Kwon Taek Joo didn't know how Zhenya got such an official invitation, but since they were invited, there was no need to make a fuss. He just didn't like the thought of having to treat Zhenya like a boss, even for a moment.
"You can close the window now," Zhenya said. There's definitely an open/close button in the back seat, he just doesn't want to lift his finger. Kwon Taek Joo glared at Zhenya through the rearview mirror and reluctantly rolled up the window.
Finally arrived in front of the mansion. He pulled the car aside and applied the handbrake. Meanwhile, Zhenya did not move at all.
"What are you doing, don't you get out of the car?"
"That's what I was going to say. Did you forget something?"
When Kwon Taek Joo asked again with a puzzled expression, Zhenya winked at the door behind him. He shook his head as if that was impossible, but Zhenya nodded as if that was exactly what he was talking about. There were many eyes outside the car watching. A residence employee is also arriving to provide valet parking for guests. Kwon Taek Joo has no other choice.
He sighed and got out of the driver's seat. He then walked around the car and opened the backseat door. Zhenya leaned forward and walked out, his movements leisurely and his eyes licking his face for a long moment. One side of his mouth curled up.
"Please come this way."
The wait staff politely guided Zhenya. Kwon Taek Joo quickly followed.
A large gate appeared after climbing ten steps. Its height was probably at least 4m with doors opened on both sides by guards. The Bogdanov family's mansion finally appeared.
A completely different world from the outside is opened. The endless ceiling and the lobby extending to both sides like a replica of a chapel in a cathedral overwhelm guests right from the entrance. Pure white walls and pillars exude elegant luxury, and gold-plated jewelry shows off the nobility to the smallest detail. The light from the gorgeous chandelier shines down gently on the gold as if making the view more open. The painting on the ceiling has dark tones to help harmonize the colors of the room. Large and small statues are cleverly arranged to eliminate boredom on monotonous walls. A small-scale orchestra is performing enthusiastically on the balcony-style staircase. The lively yet sophisticated melody fills the vast space without interrupting the conversation.
"I'm going to throw up."
Zhenya suddenly turned to look at Kwon Taek Joo as he talked to himself. Even though he was in an enchanting space that is hard to find every day, his expression looked very depressed. Of course he didn't expect him to have wonderful impressions of beauty or to feel like he was in a fairy tale. Kwon Taek Joo doesn't seem to have an eye for aesthetics, and he also doesn't seem to be passionate about playing the prince. Even so, even when entering a place that he might only visit once in his life, the only thing he felt was "Nausea". Zhenya stared expressionlessly at Kwon Taek Joo's face, the corner of his mouth curled up, then he turned away.
There were many people gathered in the main lobby. They were divided into groups of 3-4 people and talked to each other. Among them is a character that attracts Kwon Taek Joo's attention. He is the president of Russia. Even though it was a face he had seen many times in the media, seeing him right in front of him made him feel unreal.
"Come in."
Kwon Taek Joo was checking the surrounding situation when a middle-aged employee approached and sincerely greeted him. He looked like a butler or general manager of the party. Zhenya passed him and entered the hall without answering. The man stood up straight, blocking Kwon Taek Joo who was unintentionally trying to follow.
"Driver goes this way."
He stretched out his arm and pointed to the side passage. It looks like a space mainly for employees. Kwon Taek Joo quickly looked after Zhenya, but the bastard just walked straight ahead without looking back. Every time it's like this. Even though he is a partner, he cannot help in important matters.
"Let's go."
The manager silently urged. It's difficult to act in a driver's shoes. Having no other choice, Kwon Taek Joo followed him to the designated location. The last time he saw Zhenya, he had mingled with the other high-ranking guests. He is like an indispensable person in Russia's top royal club. Zhenya, who exactly is that guy?
Kwon Taek Joo's eves instantly became sharp. All emotions evaporated from his hard face
The place he was taken by the manager was the storage room next to the kitchen. That place receives uninvited guests, including Kwon Taek Joo. As soon as he stepped in, the door behind him slammed shut.
The people gathered in the room were all focused on their phones as if they were used to being treated like that. Some people are playing chess or joking with each other. If this is the case, why did they let staff into the mansion? Wouldn't it be better to stay in the car? If you must find a reason, it is to prepare for an unexpected call from your boss. Kwon Taek Joo clicked his tongue in disgust at that extremely ineffective scene. It was comforting to know that, unlike them, he had work to do.
The party is in full swing and is also the perfect opportunity to find out the secret. If so, then Kwon Taek Joo needs to leave this place and return to the main hall, where the important people are.
But he didn't have a suitable reason. As a driver, he even had to get permission to go to the bathroom. If Kwon Taek Joo's unexpected behavior is discovered, his identity will immediately be suspected. Should he trust Zhenya and wait? No, that's not possible.
What should I do? Kwon Taek Joo continued to wander by the door and think of a way to escape. The staff looked at him curiously as he was suspiciously busy but they quickly lost interest. If you just leave quietly like this, it seems like no one will notice.
Kwon Taek Joo quietly opened the door after confirming that no eyes were watching him. He gingerly opened the gap, careful not to make any noise from the hinges. Outside the door it seemed like someone was transporting alcohol and food. Kwon Taek Joo found the right moment and quickly walked out and quickly closed the door. He didn't relax the tension until he completely let go of the handle. Only after the door closed did he breathe a sigh of relief. On the aisle there was only Kwon Taek Joo.
He had to find a way to get back to the main hall before someone showed up. Kwon Taek Joo immediately turned his back on the kitchen and started walking. There was a hallway that branched off to the side not far away. Everything is going smoothly.
"Where are you going?"
Until he heard an unexpected voice. When Kwon Taek Joo stopped walking and turned around, the manager he met earlier was standing tall. His eyes looked suspiciously at Kwon Taek Joo without missing a single corner. He had to quickly find an excuse.
"I want to find the bathroom."
He made the most awkward face possible. It is a physiological problem that people often understand. However, the manager's suspicions were not easily dispelled.
He silently examined Kwon Taek Joo little by little. He didn't avoid it, but just returned that look. Kwon Taek Joo even tried to lift the corner of his mouth. The capital manager makes a living by dealing with people, so it is not easy to deceive him. Suspicious eyes seemed to be scratching Kwon Taek Joo's skin like gass beads.
Not long after, he signaled a waiter coming out of the kitchen.
"You over there, take this guy to the bathroom."
Even though he said it was urgent, he still looked stressed. The waiter approached Kwon Taek Joo and said "Let's go." Unfortunately, the toilet is on the opposite side of the hallway. He had no choice but to bow to the manager and follow the waiter.
The restroom is mainly used only by staff here and is located near the kitchen. On the way there, Kwon Taek Joo carefully observed the ceiling, walls, columns, windows and all the spaces but did not see a single surveillance camera.
"I'm here. Please excuse me."
The waiter nodded and turned to leave. Kwon Taek Joo obediently ducked against the wall to get out of the way and then suddenly grabbed his shoulder
"What's up..."
"You should probably get some rest."
"What?"
The waiter looked puzzled and confused. But that didn't last long, because Kwon Taek Joo suddenly hit his weak point. The waiter, who was stunned with surprise, quickly went down. Kwon Taek Joo pulled him inside.
A moment later, he came out looking like the perfect waiter. The door to the room where the waiter was earlier was tightly closed. Something fell from inside. Kwon Taek Joo took a mop that was leaning against the wall and inserted it across the door and the opposite wall. It will take a while to spot the waiter. Kwon Taek Joo had to handle everything during that time
He didn't hesitate and went straight to the kitchen.
"Where's my whiskey? Where did you run off with the canapés! You lazy guy, move quickly!"
Outside, an elegant party was in full swing, but inside the kitchen looked like a battlefield. The irritable and grumpy chef handed a wooden tray of Single Malt to Kwon Taek Joo as he entered the kitchen. He pushed his back hard and told him to stop acting like a slug. Just like that, Kwon Taek Joo was kicked out again.
Although he was quite confused, this was a good opportunity for him to enter the main hall alone. Kwon Taek Joo followed closely behind another waiter who was walking ahead of him. Thanks to that. he was able to return to the main hall without getting lost. Kwon Taek Joo met the manager again as he walked to the lobby door, but he quickly lifted the tray onto his shoulder and covered his face.
Just then, many people had gathered in the hall, and eve though they were in the same space, the aspects of the conversation were very different. On one side were discussing political issues with a somewhat serious expression, on the other side were young men and women giggling together. The children who were reluctantly dragged here were dozing, some were eating, some were sitting like dolls. It's not easy to find the lovely innocence that is often seen in children in any of the children here.
Kwon Taek Joo walked back and forth between high-ranking guests and offered them Single Malt wine on a tray, while naturally eavesdropping on the back and forth conversation. Perhaps because the space is so large, there doesn't seem to be any interesting story. There must be someone in this group of people who knows Anastasia's whereabouts.
Kwon Taek Joo decided to narrow his outreach goals. A special lens worn on his left eve quickly prints information about a specific person when he looks at them for more than 3 seconds. If he looked at Lomonosov for three seconds, the words "Valery Antonovich Lomonosov, President of Russia" would appear in one corner of his vision and then disappear.
Kwon Taek Joo slowly turned his left eye and checked the faces of each guest. From high-ranking government officials, including the president, to world-famous corporations and notorious mafia bosses, they all stand together in one place.
"This suits you too."
Kwon Taek Joo was happily observing his surroundings when a familiar voice suddenly rang out. When he turned around, Zhenya was standing right next to him. He reached out to grab a glass of Single Malt and looked happy, perhaps because of the attention from around him. Kwon Taek Joo also occasionally offers alcohol to people passing in front of the two.
Zhenya muttered as he gently swirled the wine in the glass.
"Isn't this a strange place? It's this noisy but no one really exists."
He almost asked again. Feeling like he had just heard something strange, Kwon Taek Joo wondered if he heard wrong. But then he realized his current situation and closed his mouth, only his eyes glanced suspiciously at Zhenya. He slowly brought the glass to his lips and changed the subject as if the previous muttering was just Kwon Taek Joo's hallucination.
"The person standing with Lomonosov is the second son of the Bogdanov family, Bazim Vissarionovich. Known as one of the president's closest associates. I heard that the two of them always like to ride horses together once a week. He is the most influential person among the Duma parliamentarians, right? In general, all public projects proposed by the Russian government must pass through his hands before being approved by the president."
Come to think of it. Kwon Taek Joo had heard that the head of the Bogdanov family was the true representative of Gazprom. It is understandable that his son is one of the President's close friends and also one of the influential parliamentarians in parliament. Zhenya quickly put the empty glass in his hand down on the tray while explaining why the energy facility construction contract with Japan was successfully signed and why the Bogdanov family became the biggest beneficiaries. He drank another glass in quick succession and pointed at an older figure.
"The person sitting in the wheelchair over there is Visarion Romanovich, a powerful figure of the state-owned Gazprom corporation. The reason the Bogdanov family is what it is today is thanks to that old man's tight grip on the energy industry. This country survives." has survived so far thanks to abundant resources that became a source of capital and economic support immediately after the collapse of the Soviet Union. The ruler of Russia is the president, but the people who really control everything are the presidents. boss like him"
The true nature of the Bogdanov family is much greater than what Kwon Taek Joo imagined. Curiosity about the rest of the family also began to arise. He quickly turned his eyes to look for Vladimir Vissarionovich, the eldest son of the Bogdanov family. After searching for a while but not seeing him anywhere, Kwon Taek Joo took a glass of Single Malt and gave it to Zhenya. He understood the meaning of that action and smiled, then calmly took the glass and said, "Here he comes."
Kwon Taek Joo turned his head towards Zhenya's gaze. A man was walking down the stairs and shaking hands with guests. The surprising thing is that he has a small figure but makes a sharp impression.
"They say the eldest son, Vladimir, will take over the family business. When Vissarion Romanovich dies, he will become Russia's number one energy tycoon. Slaves give birth to slaves, kings are born kings. He has received more attention than his father in the industry. Some predict that the family business will grow stronger under him."
"Everyone's gathered here, so what about Psych Bogdanov? Is he Visarion Romanovich's illegitimate son? A gangster like him doesn't really fit in with the royal family, huh."
"Not really. Strictly speaking, that person is a government employee."
Kwon Taek Joo unconsciously turned to look at Zhenya. Apparently he heard wrong this time. Otherwise, Zhenya might have told a not-so-funny joke. But Zhenya just faced Kwon Taek Joo with an extremely calm expression.
Unbelievable. Is the person who tried to kidnap an innocent foreigner a public servant? The person holding the bazooka right in the center of the city in broad daylight is a government employee... A dog passing by would probably die of laughter.
But Zhenya did not correct what he said, but only added a little more detail about Psych Bogdanov.
"That person is very knowledgeable in the defense industry. His abilities are also quite impressive. In the underworld where diverse arms trade is taking place, no one knows him."
The underworld is the mafia. The fact that the mafia has become an emerging force in the Russian economy has become a clear fact. In the past, mafia gangs maintained their power through illegal activities such as prostitution, human trafficking, drug trafficking and violence. However, since the early 1990s, they have turned their attention to the defense industry. As a result, they have boosted their incomes and the defense industry, along with the energy industry, have become the major power duo of today's Russian economy.
Many weapons developed in Russia are often traded through the mafia. That's because they can achieve higher profits than by following formal and legal procedures. The government cannot be unaware of the path to selling advanced weapons created with the national budget. And even if they know, they either turn a blind eye or willingly agree. With powerful financial resources, the mafia is not the government's enemy, but its brothers. The living witnesses are the Bogdanov family.
The Bogdanov family was not very prominent in the business world before the time of Vissarion Romanovich. Their rapid rise came after the collapse of the Soviet Union, during a period when new corporations were flourishing. Although it may be an extreme guess, assuming the Bogdanov family has mafia connections then everything can be explained, including the difficult situation they had to go through before the 1990s..
Kwon Taek Joo can also guess why Psych Bogdanov is called Russia's 'nuclear'. Although he has made enemies within the Royal Family, he still maintains relationships in the underground world. And he has become a seamless bridee between two divided economies.