Armory

What he presented was an invitation card. A party was held at the Kremlin to celebrate the signing of the agreement between Russia and Japan. A Japanese delegation and Russian figures from different walks of life were scheduled to attend. Kwon Taek Joo also planned to infiltrate there as Hiro Sakamoto, but the entire plan failed due to the previous surprise terrorist attack.
However, the date written on the invitation was different from what he knew before. It seems that the schedule was changed due to an unpleasant incident at the hotel where the Japanese delegation was staying. Checking, searching and security will also be enhanced by one level.
How to get in there? While Kwon Taek Joo was still thinking, Zhenya took back the invitation card he was looking at.
"This is just a facade. The real party will be held later."
"Real party?"
"Not far from the Kremlin is the residence of the Boedanov family. They are the real representatives of Gazprom. The second son has a close relationship with the President. I heard that after a national event, a a dinner party will be held immediately afterward at their mansion. Even those who are not invited to the Kremlin will still come to the party there. The underworld bosses or the big hands that control the Russian money are truly honored guests. They are people who will do anything to make money, so they are quite a useful source of information. If you meet them, you don't know what clues you will get. about 'Anastasia""
"Could it be that Bogdanov is the Bogdanov I know?"
"Why not?"
"They still hold a party like that even though my bloodline just died?"
Kwon Taek Joo couldn't understand. By this time, Psych Bogdanov's body had already been found. Even if it is a national event, can it be held at home?
"Do you really think he's dead?"
"Isn't that so?"
"What a pity. I listened to the news and found out that only two bodies were found in that river."
No wonder. Why would it be so easy to kill him? Kwon Taek Joo was warned many times about him, right? But it was true that he was unconscious and bleeding profusely from the gunshot wound, so saving him would be difficult. Furthermore, the river water is so cold that the river banks freeze and quickly reduce body temperature. Surviving in such harsh conditions, as expected, as he heard, he is not an ordinary guy. Psych Bogdanov's survival means that at any moment he could become his target. Kwon Taek Joo felt uncomfortable but he tried to put it aside.
"How do I make sure I get Anastasia's clue there?"
Zhenya immediately gave Kwon Taek Joo something, as if he knew he would ask that question. It's a document envelope folded in half. He grabbed it and examined the contents. Inside was a copy of an old newspaper article and a series of unknown identities. The list lists dozens of Russian and Korean names.
Kwon Taek Joo looked at the written names while looking at the copy of the article. Each article has a date in the past, their name, and how they faced death. But how did the names of the deceased seem so familiar to Kwon Taek Joo?
He checked the list again with a skeptical expression. Soon both of his eyes opened wide, because most of the names listed on that list matched the names of the deceased listed in the article. Zhenya explains why.
"These are the people who participated in the development of Anastasia. They are all dead now."
"Why did you die?"
"Let's see, why did he die?"
Zhenya raised the corner of his mouth and asked again. He had a sarcastic look on his face as if he was teasing a child who didn't know anything. Kwon Taek Joo had a vague thought, but he still couldn't come to a hasty conclusion. Intertwining doubts continually hindered the flow of his thoughts. Kwon Taek Joo kicked Zhenya's shoes, urging him to answer quickly. Zhenya only opened his mouth after enjoying Kwon Taek Joo's anxious look for a while longer.
"Anastasia is a lethal weapon with unprecedented destructive power. There are many things hidden. Everyone talks about Anastasia, but in reality, many people don't even know what kind of weapon it is.". And even though they don't know what it is, they're still vaguely afraid. No, it's because they don't know that they're afraid. Perhaps the fact that nothing is revealed is Anastasia's true strength. But once development is complete, the story will change. The research participants will scatter, and one of them may spread rumors about Anastasia's true identity and principles. This Shouldn't happen, right? Because Anastasia must become an unprecedented fear in the present and the future."
Kwon Taek Joo frowned. Even if he didn't listen to the end, he still felt like he knew the correlation between 'Anastasia' and the other list. Zhenya nodded affirmatively.
"All have been purged, so that such weapons can never be developed again."
Kwon Taek Joo was speechless for a moment. They were not murdered for stealing secret information or counterintelligence. They were simply eliminated before even attempting to do so.
Kwon Taek Joo looked down at the list again in shock. Then he realized something strange and objected.
"But...!"
"That's right, in the meantime there are still survivors."
Members of the Bogdanov family also appear on the list. But they are still alive and well. With most of the people involved in developing 'Anastasia' facing death, how can one explain their survival? Kwon Taek Joo continued to reason and then looked at Zhenya with an expression as if he had just been hit in the head. A satisfied smile spread across Zhenya's lips.
The Bogdanov family was clearly involved in the study of Anastasia'. But with most of those involved dead, they are the only ones still alive. Isn't that proof that they were the ones who eliminated those researchers? To possess this weapon absolutely, so that nothing like it could be born again.
Zhenya looked at Kwon Taek Joo's somewhat serious face.
"What do you think? Do you feel like having a little fun now?"
"That's a tiger's den. Would I jump into it empty-handed?"
Kwon Taek Joo shook his head and lamented. If the information Zhenya probed is accurate, there is a high possibility that the Bogdanov family will know Anastasia's whereabouts. The problem is your own situation. Tomorrow night, a party will be held. Even if he contacted headquarters through Zhenya, it would be difficult to receive material support within a day. But he could not rush into the tiger's den with his bare hands.
"I didn't think headquarters would be so prepared."
Zhenya laughed and said "Get up". After paying for the food and leaving the store, a convertible parked in front of Kwon Taek Joo, its sleek appearance identical to its owner. Zhenya pushed Kwon Taek Joo, who was standing dumbfounded, into the passenger seat and quickly drove down the street.
About 30 - 40 minutes passed like that. High-rise buildings gradually disappear and people become fewer and fewer. What is this place? Kwon Taek Joo was looking around suspiciously when the car stopped.
"Arrived."
Kwon Taek Joo obediently got out of the car and continuously looked around. There were no warehouses or garages to be seen. All that entered his sight was an abandoned building that was collapsing. First is a store with a book sign. But it seems like it closed a long time ago so there are no customers at all.
Kwon Taek Joo followed Zhenya, full of doubts. The guy in front pulled up the shutter and went inside. Kwon Taek Joo also continued to enter the building without any light.
Zhenya opened another door inside and disappeared down the dark stairs. He chased after him without thinking and almost slipped and fell. You should at least tell people that there are stairs there, but he's not someone who cares about others like that. Kwon Taek Joo suppressed his dissatisfaction with Zhenya and continued groping in the dark along the wall where he couldn't see even a centimeter in front of him.
Finally, his feet landed on the flat floor. Although his vision was still dark, Kwon Taek Joo could feel the dust rising. Every time I move, dust flies around, making my nose itchy.
But something is a bit strange. The basement of the bookstore usually has stacks of old books, but here there is no that characteristic smell.
A moment later, the light turned on with a clicking sound.
"......?"
The light on the ceiling could distinguish the furniture, but his vision was still dark. Kwon Taek Joo frowned and slowly looked around. It wasn't long before he realized the cause of the uneasy feeling he had been feeling all this time. Large bookcases were placed everywhere in the basement, but there were no books there. There was only an old phone lying in the middle of an empty bookshelf.
Why did he drag Kwon Taek Joo all the way here? Just as doubts and complaints were growing inside him, Zhenya approached the phone. He picked up the receiver and slowly dialed the number. 3, 9, 1, 6, 5. When the dial, which had been pulled to '5', returned to its original position, a mechanical beep sounded from somewhere.
Then, the empty bookshelves began to rotate, making heavy noises. As a result, a lot of dust was blown up. When Kwon Taek Joo closed his itchy eyes and opened them, the old bookshelf also disappeared. Instead there is a shiny steel cabinet. All kinds of guns, high-tech equipment and small bombs are lined up in storage cabinets.