Only one room

Lake Baikal, the green heart of Siberia, boasts a long history spanning 25 million years. The area alone is up to 31,500 square kilometers, with a diameter of 636 kilometers and a circumference of 2,200 kilometers. There are 22 islands in this giant lake, the largest and only inhabited island is Olkhon Island.
If you want to go to Olkhon Island, you need to time it properly, because crossing the river is only allowed in winter, when the surface of the giant lake is frozen solid, or in the middle of summer, when the ice has completely melted. In summer, people can cross the river by boat, but in winter like this one can cross directly by car.
Zhenya hurtled across the seemingly endless frozen lake. The ice surface was uneven, so he should have gone around in circles, but he still stubbornly kept going straight. As a result, the car body continuously vibrates. Even in that situation, Kwon Taek Joo did not complain and remained silent. Although at first glance it looked like the car was driving on part of the road, it was actually lying on a surface of water so deep that it could not be measured. So even though the ice is very thick, the tension in my heart is inevitable.
Luckily, the worrying accident did not happen until the two arrived at the Olkhon Island pier. It seems that even the world's famous Lake Baikal cannot overcome the extreme cold of -50 degrees Celsius.
Kwon Taek Joo stepped out of the car for a moment and looked back at the road he had just passed. The world covered with white snow was silent as if dead. Everything seemed to stop. I don't know if it was because he was overwhelmed by the beautiful scene that appeared before his eyes, but he couldn't think or feel anything for a moment
From where he was standing to the dock, there was no road that could be called a road. Only the wheel marks of the cars ahead were engraved in all directions. The place you are going is the road. The two people's car also pioneered a new route by crossing the unmarked snow.
The target has been somewhere northwest of Olkhon Island for quite some time. While crossing the mountainside following the flashing red dot, Kwon Taek Joo saw a villa in the distance. It looks smaller than the Bogdanov Mansion but has an eye-catching appearance considering the size of the island.
The car was parked near the villa. The red dot on the position tracker and the origin completely overlap. It was obvious that Hong Yeo Wook was there.
Kwon Taek Joo stuck his face out between the driver's seat and passenger seat and observed the villa.
"Is that there?"
"Maybe."
Two people checked the CCTV cameras installed everywhere. There are no blind spots at all.
"We can't just rush in."
"Why not?"
Kwon Taek Joo looked at Zhenya with a puzzled expression. Why not anything? Did he not know that's why he asked?
The villa is located on high ground on Olkhon Island. Below it is a steep cliff. The wind blowing around the island continuously pushed up the edge of that cliff. That means intrusion from above is not possible. At first glance, there are no air ducts or ventilation holes to penetrate. Surveillance cameras are closely arranged at the main gate and on the walls, some are equipped with electronic guns capable of wireless control under the cameras.
"You've seen it and you still ask like that? I guess you have nine lives?"
Kwon Taek Joo was intentionally sarcastic, but Zhenya's chin suddenly raised. His expression also became arrogant. See, that's not a compliment. He tried to protest with his facial expression but to no avail. Kwon Taek Joo quickly looked away from the bastard who was spreading his shoulders wide. Seeing him arrogant like that just made him feel embarrassed.
"We already know where Hong Yeo Wook is so that's enough. It would be crazy to attack directly, so I think it's a good idea to quickly review the situation around here."
Zhenya said "Okay" then turned the steering wheel and started driving somewhere without mentioning the destination. He didn't even use the navigation system but still drove without hesitation on the unmarked road. Zhenya seemed quite familiar with the geography of this place.
Kwon Taek Joo observed the red dot getting farther and farther away when the car suddenly tilted to one side, because it was stopped suddenly on an inclined slope. Did an animal just jump out? Kwon Taek Joo guessed and sat up straight. Zhenya suddenly opened the car door.
"LH24"
The next words became even more ambiguous. Did he suddenly intend to set up camp in a place like this? Kwon Taek Joo looked around but still didn't see anyone. He looked at Zhenya while hugging the passenger seat. He was about to close the door and go to the trunk of the car, but suddenly stopped for a moment when he saw his eyes as if begging for an explanation. Then he bent down to look at Kwon Taek Joo and teased.
"I won't eat you, so get out of the car."
Every chance I get, I tease him. Kwon Taek Joo couldn't stay silent when he heard those sounds. He grumbled as he went out. Strong winds that he didn't feel in the car blew from all directions. All he was wearing was a loose shirt and a jacket so his shoulders automatically shrunk. Kwon Taek Joo clenched his molars because it seemed like if he opened his mouth, his teeth would automatically collide. At this point, it was surprising that his heart didn't freeze.
Meanwhile, Zhenya took a fur coat out of the trunk and put it on. Even if you hunt a live animal and skin it, it cannot compare to the fur of that coat. While Kwon Taek Joo clung tightly to the door without moving, Zhenya passed him and went somewhere. After a while he noticed that Kwon Taek Joo did not follow him and turned back. Facing that silent urging, he followed step by step.
Climbing back up a snow-covered hill was not easy, as the two had to face a strong wind blowing from the top of the hill. Even when trying to step up, Kwon Taek Joo often slipped on the snow and fell down. He was out of breath and breathed continuously, but only the cold wind and ice particles mixed in the air interfered with his breathing.
Recalling his days in the special forces team, Kwon Taek Joo also climbed over the hills ready to face any challenge. It wasn't long before he realized Zhenya's intentions. There is a guest house right at the foot of the hill. The number of rooms may not seem like a lot, but in the current situation, even that is quite good.
While Kwon Taek Joo was still hesitant, a cold wind blew. He, who was following Zhenya like a cow being led to the slaughterhouse, quickly passed him and entered the guest house first. Right at that moment the owner was sitting at the front desk. He seemed quite confused by the intrusion of a stranger wearing only a thin shirt and a bandage on his head in the current harsh cold.
"How did you get here?"
"Ph... room..."
"Have you made a reservation?"
At that moment, Kwon Taek Joo's mouth stiffened and he stuttered as if he was seeing a ghost. He trembled and had difficulty answering.
"No. I didn't make a reservation. Are there any rooms available?"
"Because it's winter, there are still rooms available, but 100% reservations are required. One room is enough, right?"
"No. Two. It must be two rooms."
Kwon Taek Joo emphasized again and again. Just in case the guesthouse owner didn't understand his pronunciation, Kwon Taek Joo stretched out his index and middle fingers. He didn't want to have to be in the same room as Zhenya anymore. If it's in combat and there's no other way, he can endure it, but when it comes to resting, he wants to feel a little more comfortable.
But the guesthouse owner's reaction was not very positive. "Oh," he said with a low sigh. That pitiful look glanced at Kwon Taek Joo. No, that was Kwon Taek Joo's own mistake. That must be the case. All his nerves were focused on the motel owner's lips.
Immediately, the door opened and Zhenya walked in. His fur coat wiggled its fibers delicately as if it were still alive. And then the homeowner's desperate answer rang out.
"There's only one room left."
The room assigned was extremely narrow. There is a table for two right in front of the door and a bed right next to it. That is all. There is no minibar, wardrobe or at least a shelf or place to store luggage. The only consolation was that the only bed was a bunk bed.
The two sat facing each other in silence for a long while. Kwon Taek Joo glanced around and meaninglessly stopped his gaze somewhere in the corner of the room.
He thought that if he just got off the train, he wouldn't have to be in the same space as Zhenya anymore. All you have to do is get a private room and since you won't be taking the train across the border anymore, you just need to be a little patient. But in the end, the two of them had to stay together for a few more days like this. Kwon Taek Joo was tired both mentally and physically, he just wanted to close his eyes for a while but because of that boy he couldn't rest assured.
The warmth had completely disappeared from the cup. There's still nothing to say between the two of them. The atmosphere gradually turned from awkward to heavy.
Kwon Taek Joo knows how to be comfortable. You just need to trust Zhenya. His words, actions, and thoughts are all unusual, but he doesn't know what he will do next so he won't be able to betray Kwon Taek Joo. After rationalizing it several times, he shook his head. Saying it is easy, but doing it is not easy at all.
His instincts were constantly on guard. Kwon Taek Joo also unconsciously followed Zhenya's every move to look for loopholes. That's why he quickly got tired of being with him. even though he knew that now the two of them were on the same side. Is it because he is an opponent that Kwon Taek Joo himself cannot defeat? Every time Zhenya did something crazy, his heart pounded. Now, even though he is a colleague, he doesn't know when and how he will take off that mask.
Kwon Taek Joo has met many people from all walks of life since becoming an agent. Due to complex interests, many people gradually degenerate into cunning, but rarely is anyone absolutely evil. Everyone has their own beliefs and acts according to those beliefs, it's just that their own justice may be unfair to others.
But Zhenya is not like that. He said he would make huge profits if he got 'Anastasia'. But in reality, he doesn't seem to be controlled by money or power. Even in a situation where live bullets were fired, unable to rest properly and continuing the tedious chase without positive results, he still seemed happy. Zhenya is like a child addicted to a spy game. He doesn't care how much the game costs or how many people die. A person who only cares about excitement is him.
Zhenya will retreat mercilessly once current interest cools. To end things neatly, he could have pointed the gun at Kwon Taek Joo himself without hesitation. That's why every day, every hour, every minute with Zhenya, Kwon Taek Joo is as tense as walking on thin ice.
"I can hear you rolling your eyes from all the way here."
Zhenya suddenly hit the weak point. It stung, but Kwon Taek Joo didn't show it.
"I'm just trying to organize my thoughts. This and that..."
He pretended not to know and made excuses that were not excuses. Zhenya nodded in a fake "Ah ha." The sarcastic smile on his lips remained the same. A face so beautiful that he naturally turned his gaze there, but when their eyes met, Kwon Taek Joo felt strange. That's because of his probing eyes. It's like a reptile narrowing its pupils and obsessively observing each other's expressions, eyes, and actions. If he continued to be observed like that, it seemed like all his thoughts would be revealed.
Kwon Taek Joo changed the subject so as not to get caught up in it.
"Do you know who owns the villa where Hong Yeo Wook is staying?"
"I saw the symbol engraved on the main gate of that place."
Icon? Kwon Taek Joo suddenly remembered the scenery of the mansion. Just as Zhenya said, there was something embossed in the middle of the main gate.
"If it's Russian, everyone knows it's the symbol of the Bogdanov family."
If that's true, then Kwon Taek Joo has come to the right place. He had felt like he was in a cloud because he couldn't grasp the authenticity of 'SS-29' let alone 'Anastasia', but now he felt like he had finally gotten one step closer. step. Just by infiltrating the mansion, it will be possible to know whether SS.29' is Anastasia or not.
Although it is very small, that harvest is enough to be a consolation. The difficulties of the past seem to be no longer significant. Kwon Taek Joo presented his future plans with a happy mood for the first time in a long time.
"Okay. Then let's monitor every morning, noon and night to find a way to infiltrate there."
This time Zhenya just nodded silently and asked again, "Are you finished?" Kwon Taek Joo nodded. He stood up as if he was waiting. He quietly watched him go straight to the door. Does his probing eves cause discomfort? Zhenya turned around before leaving.
"I heard there's a Banya here. Do you want to take a bath together?"
(A Banya is a Russian steam bath.)
Kwon Taek Joo intended to refuse out of habit but was lost in thought. He had been locked in a cramped train compartment for several days and now his whole body felt very frustrated. Perhaps due to the injury, his blood didn't seem to circulate normally, and the terrible cold made him crave a hot sauna as well. What an attractive offer. The problem is that Zhenya will also be there.
Kwon Taek Joo wanted to refuse to be in a small space with that kid. Furthermore, there's no problem if he uses banya first and I use it later. But the reason he didn't quickly decline the invitation was because doubts were still lingering in his mind.
Up until this point, Kwon Taek Joo had never seen Zhenya naked. Even during sex, only the partner is naked and he only pulls the zipper down. He was curious as to what he was trying to hide that made him so careful. And Kwon Taek Joo is also not the type of person to easily ignore the doubts that have arisen.
"Sure."