First meeting

A low, commanding voice rang out. The man sitting in the driver's seat obediently followed instructions. The moving sedan stopped in the middle of a narrow alley. Vasily did not resist and raised both hands.
"You have quite a dangerous toy, Mr. Sakamoto."
"Who exactly are you guys?"
"I told you. My name is Vasily Alexandrovich, and I've come to pick you up."
"Alexandrovich has nothing to do with Gazprom, right?"
"Just a little."
At that moment.
Suddenly the backseat door opened, a man walked in and pushed Kwon Taek Joo. In his hand was a Tokarev, a Russian rapid-fire pistol. The black muzzle of the gun immediately touched Kwon Taek Joo's temple. Not only that, a red dot flew out from somewhere and hovered near his left chest. He was completely surrounded. Kwon Taek Joo clenched his teeth in tension.
"Wouldn't it be better to stay silent, Mr. Sakamoto?"
Vasily hummed as if singing, word by word. There are no clues as to who he is. In the end, what is this Vasily aiming at? Only one thing is clear: Kwon Taek Joo must get out of this bad situation immediately.
But how? If he keeps moving casually, his head and chest will become a honeycomb. Kwon Taek Joo rolled his eyes and looked around. The only thing illuminating the dark alley was the sedan's headlights. No, there was also a light inside the car illuminating Vasily's smiling face.
"Don't play tricks. Your head will..."
Before Vasily's warning ended, Kwon Taek Joo's upper body bent down as a gunshot rang out. The lights inside the car went out as a bullet flew out without warning.
Next was another sniper bullet flying from a nearby rooftop. Clear gunshots and cracking sounds rang out one after another. That was the sound of the back seat window shattering
After that momentary commotion, there was an overwhelming silence. There was no movement around the car. The sniper slowly moved the barrel of the gun and did not lose his guard.
The next moment, the stopped car suddenly accelerated into a narrow alley without turning on its headlights. The car drove wildly and crashed into a trash can and the wall of a building.
The snipers opened fire simultaneously, but only the shock absorbers and rearview mirrors were destroyed.
"If you don't want to fall into the same situation, you better be obedient."
Kwon Taek Joo wiped the blood from his face and threatened the driver. That blood belongs to the guy who pushed him into the backseat just now. He was tilting his head back and drooping after becoming Kwon Taek Joo's shield and being shot by the sniper. Vasily's situation is not much different. He was lying on the dashboard with a bullet through the middle of his face.
The driver, drenched in someone else's blood, was driving the sedan and did not dare to resist. Kwon Taek Joo wrapped her arms around his neck from behind and guided each direction of movement. The problem is that no matter how hard I drive, the car cannot get to the main road. The car moved with its headlights turned off because the snipers were still ambushing from afar. It's hard to know if there's a dead end ahead.
Once again.
"......"
Something was moving quickly between the buildings. It was an existence that Kwon Taek Joo had only seen not long ago. Is it a cat? No, it's much bigger and heavier than that. At the same time, its movements became even more agile. Kwon Taek Joo confusedly looked around searching for the existence that had disappeared in the darkness, but he couldn't see that image anywhere again.
Once may be an illusion, but the second time it cannot be an illusion. He turned around uncomfortably and looked around. Suddenly a sedan rushed out from th next alley.
The 'bang' sound rang out at the same time the car body suddenly rushed forward, the back seat where Kwon Taek Joo was sitting suddenly floated in the air. That short moment seemed like an eternity.
Time seemed to stop and Kwon Taek Joo's vision suddenly turned upside down in the blink of an eye. His whole body continuously banged against the car's body. Shards of broken glass flew everywhere. The four wheels of the overturned car spun in the blink of an eye.
The whole area became quiet again. The two sides of the car collided with no movement other than the whine of the engine.
How long has it been? A sudden noise broke the long silence. Someone was trying to escape by kicking the completely deformed door multiple times. That's Kwon Taek Joo. He was crawling out through the door.
"..Aaa"
He tried to get up from the ground and then fell to his knees again because his head was suddenly spinning. It appeared that he had hit the safety bar and suffered a mild concussion in the accident.
Kwon Taek Joo shook his head to try to regain composure, then clung to the car body and stood up with difficulty. He looked at the driver's seat in front. It was completely quiet there. With a broken window full of blood like this, the driver will not be able to escape unharmed. And the remaining car also didn't seem to have any significant movement at all.
Kwon Taek Joo doesn't know how the situation is going. What is the identity of the people who suddenly appeared and intended to kidnap Kwon Taek Joo or more precisely Hiro Sakamoto? For what purpose is this done? Since they knew Hiro Sakamoto's schedule and background, they were probably not a normal group of criminals. Instead of saying that there was something wrong on the Japanese company's part, it seems more reasonable to say that they had something to do with the Russian government or Gazprom by holding Japanese officials hostage.
But it is also unfair that Kwon Taek Joo himself is not the real Hiro Sakamoto but is being punished on his behalf. After all, why did he have to work so hard as soon as he set foot in Russia?
Kwon Taek Joo shook his head and headed towards the back of the car with the intention of getting his luggage. He was struggling to open the trunk when an unpleasant sound rang out from behind.
"Raise your hand."
Kwon Taek Joo was startled reflexively. For a moment, the clatter of reloading guns fell into his ears. If he moved one more time, the trigger would be pulled.
He raised his hand with a dissatisfied expression and then silently followed orders to turn around. The face of the man pointing the gun appeared, making him shiver. His head was broken and he was bleeding so it looked like he was in the other car. The man's gun looked very familiar. It is clear that he is on the same side as Vasily.
What should I do. While Kwon Taek Joo was straining to find a solution, the familiar Colt lying at the man's feet caught his eye.
"Slowly go this way, be smart and don't do stupid things."
The man's appearance was so pathetic that it was funny to hear such a threat from him. But Kwon Taek Joo still obediently followed instructions. No matter what, he couldn't kill Kwon Taek Joo because if he could, he would have done it right away.
As expected, the man showed no intention of killing. Rather, he seemed worried about a situation where he would be forced to shoot. Even though he had a gun and had the upper hand, he became more restless as the distance narrowed.
It seems to be easier than Kwon Taek Joo thought. Just as he had a glimmer of optimism, he was grabbed by the back of his neck.
"Take off your coat. I don't know what else you're hiding inside."
Is there another name? Kwon Taek Joo glanced back but it was a face he didn't recognize. He could only guess that that guy was the sniper from earlier based on the rifle he was holding. He shrugged and obediently took off his jacket, leaving only the right sleeve.
Kwon Taek Joo pretended to pull his right arm out of his sleeve and then suddenly used force to pull the entire jacket towards him. The sniper, holding on to the shirt with just one hand, lost his balance momentarily because of the rifle. Kwon Taek Joo threw the jacket he just grabbed back at the man pointing a gun at him. When his vision was obscured by the flying shirt, the man panicked and pulled the trigger. During that time, Kwon Taek Joo tightly grasped the sniper's rifle. He tried to keep his gun from being taken away, so he was pulled down.
"Sniff!"
An explosion rang out at the same time as the sniper groaned. When he shook off the jacket covering his face, Kwon Taek Joo had already run far away. Red blood flowed from the body of the sniper who was hit by a stray bullet and fell to the ground. He trembled in anger and began shooting wildly.
However, none of those bullets hit the target. The bullets ran out soon after and they chased Kwon Taek Joo with the dead sniper's rifle.
Kwon Taek Joo just looked straight ahead and started running. The advantage right now is that the surrounding is pitch black, but the disadvantage is also that. There is almost no place to hide. If you run into a dead end, it will be even more dangerous.
Even when he started running, the pursuer continued to shoot. Most of the bullets missed Kwon Taek Joo by just an inch and left bullet holes on the building. Every time an alley appeared, Kwon Taek Joo did not hesitate and rushed straight into that direction. Damn. Another gunshot rang out, and something shattered above his head. The incoming bullet probably broke the flower pot placed next to the window, causing it to fall to the ground. Kwon Taek Joo shook his head to shake off the dirt and debris and turned onto a small road that had just appeared. At that moment, a truck came out from there.
Kwon Taek Joo rolled over the bonnet to reduce the force of the collision. The four doors of the stopped car opened simultaneously. Armed men appeared from there, even the man who had been chasing Kwon Taek Joo all this time had joined that group. The group exchanged a few words and then suddenly pointed their guns.
"...Damned."
If you defeat one, another will appear, and if you eliminate that guy, another will come running. How long will Kwon Taek Joo have to repeat this? He slowly walked backwards and started running again. He ran as fast as he could while cursing continuously.
After running for a while like that, a wide open space appeared in his sight. There is an abandoned building under construction there. The building was left open with no front or rear walls, only the bare frame remained. Materials such as cement and steel frames are scattered everywhere.
There is no time to weigh and measure anymore. The only place Kwon Taek Joo can hide until now is there. He entered the building down the dusty stairs.
"ha, ha, ha..."
Kwon Taek Joo climbed to the 4th floor and let out the breath he had been holding, His heart beat so painfully hard that it made him nauseous. He only had a thin shirt on but he didn't even feel cold.
The group of people chasing Kwon Taek Joo gradually arrived under the building. After a count, there were four names in total. What about the other name?
Kwon Taek Joo gently walked closer to the wall next to the stairs. He leaned his back against the wall and listened to the movements below. It seemed like someone was secretly approaching him. Kwon Taek Joo quietly took off his belt and held it with both hands.
Soon, the muzzle of a rifle protruded from the wall as he climbed each step. Not missing that moment, Kwon Taek Joo threw the buckle of the belt horizontally. The belt came off and wrapped around the barrel of the gun again due to the recoil force and returned to Kwon Taek Joo's hand. He immediately grabbed it and tugged on it.
Bang bang bang bang.
Bullets were fired continuously from the rifle upward. Kwon Taek Joo suddenly released one side of the belt he was pulling tight and swung it with all his might. The belt whipped the back of the man's hand like a whip. The man screamed violently and dropped the gun. Kwon Taek Joo kicked the rifle forward that had just fallen to the floor and wrapped his belt around the neck of the man trying to pick it up. The strangled man struggled with his legs.
"Ugh!"
Kwon Taek Joo put more effort into tightening the belt. The man's body trembled for a long time and then gradually relaxed. When Kwon Taek Joo loosened his grip, the man fell to his knees. He kicked him down and let out a breath. So one guy can be dealt with
Just then. the downstairs became noisy. It seemed like a whole group of people rushed in after hearing the gunshots earlier. The gun was lying in a position facing the stairs. If he doesn't pick it up in time, Kwon Taek Joo won't be able to shoot back and he will become a honeycomb. You cannot subdue an armed group with your bare hands.
Kwon Taek Joo took another deep breath and quickly rolled to the other side. The group had almost climbed the stairs when he picked up the rifle that had fallen on the floor. When facing Kwon Taek Joo from the front, they pointed their guns without hesitation.
But Kwon Taek Joo pulled the trigger first. Gunshots rang out one after another, two men fell down screaming in despair. The bullets fired from their guns accidentally hit the ceiling.
Kwon Taek Joo without hesitation threw away his rifle, which now had only an empty magazine, and moved forward. So there are 2 more names finished. He mentally calculated the remaining names and observed the movement below.
"......"
Suddenly he raised his head. Because something else immediately caught his attention. But as soon as Kwon Taek Joo looked back, there was no one there. Why do you keep seeing meaningless things? Because he was so stressed, his breathing was louder than usual.
All Kwon Taek Joo could think about was that he saw something wrong. He didn't have time to be swayed by such vague intuition. But he also couldn't shake that annoying sixth sense.
"......"
Again. Kwon Taek Joo stood up and looked up at the building opposite. The distance is too far so the image is not clear. He squinted his eves to look, but the large figure floating on the rooftop quickly disappeared.
Kwon Taek Joo never believed in ghosts. But it was also difficult to say that the image he had just witnessed was not such an existence, since it was impossible for humans to move like that.
Kwon Taek Joo was facing a series of questions appearing in his mind at the wrong time when a fierce attack came from below. The bullets flying continuously turned the floor he was standing on just now into dust. Kwon Taek Joo had difficulty avoiding bullets and looking for signs of the enemy.
The remaining two had drawn up a plan of attack. One jumped into the building and the other raised his gun and readied it. Kwon Taek Joo quickly looked around. He had to find a way to fight back against his would-be attacker, but there was no place for him to hide and no suitable weapon in sight
At that moment, a gunshot suddenly rang out from below. Kwon Taek Joo stopped and listened in the direction of the gunshots. In an instant, he heard a scream that felt like it was being torn apart.
"Sooo!"
No, it was more like a roar. It's not very far, just somewhere right below. Kwon Taek Joo waited a bit but he couldn't feel anything anymore. He looked outside the building to understand the situation. The man waiting outside was also looking around with a bewildered expression, perhaps he was also surprised by the gunshots and screams. As soon as he discovered Kwon Taek Joo, he suddenly pulled the trigger.
He quickly turned around to avoid the incoming bullet. Kwon Taek Joo doesn't know what's going on. It wasn't long before even the man who was still outside entered the building. Cop. Cop. Cop. There was the sound of leisurely footsteps going up the stairs. It gets closer and bigger. In a moment it will reach the 4th floor.
If that's the case then there's no other choice but to end it. Kwon Taek Joo grabbed the right button and tore it off. The button fell and a long, thin string protruded, accompanied by a small mechanical sound. It's a mini bomb. Kwon Taek Joo will overcome this crisis by throwing it.
He cut the wire, rolled up the bomb and waited for the man from before to appear.
"..?"
But that man didn't appear for quite a while. The surrounding was quiet as if Kwon Taek Joo was the only person in the building. He couldn't even hear his breathing, let alone the footsteps that were chasing him.
What happened? Or is he hiding somewhere and waiting for Kwon Taek Joo to make the first move? He raised his head again and looked at the clearing. There was not a single person in sight. By this time the questions about what was going on had reached a peak.
"......"
Suddenly something reached out right next to his face. Kwon Taek Joo accidentally looked in that direction, stiffened and unable to move. What was being stretched out was a human arm. And the person hanging from the end of his arm was the man who rushed into the building earlier. Kwon Taek Joo could only recognize his identity based on the outfit he was wearing, because his face was being squeezed by that large hand. More precisely, long, straight fingers were stuck in that man's eyeballs. The man was pushed out of the building almost floating because his fingers had gone through his eyes and got stuck in his eye sockets. His legs trembled in the air.
"Ah ah... ugh...cough..."
A strange groan came from the man's mouth. Kwon Taek Joo's eyebrows furrowed. His back felt frozen. He didn't dare turn his head to see who that monster-like hand was. It is not a matter of courage but of instinctive refusal. He didn't even dare to breathe
The owner of the crane-like arm did not prolong the situation any longer. He shook off the man hanging on his finger like he was removing a strand of hair stuck to his body. Without the slightest hesitation. The man kept falling. A rumble rang out from under the building.
Now all that's left is Kwon Taek Joo. No, there's also that unidentified murderer. He could tell without looking back that he was within range where he could grab him simply by extending his arms. His wet eyes slid down his spine like a hungry animal looking for prey. Kwon Taek Joo firmly believes that the disappearing existence he has seen since being kidnapped is him.
Kwon Taek Joo closed his eves and then slowly opened them. He tried to regain his composure. Each of his temporarily frozen senses awakened. Meanwhile, the existence he could not yet grasp finally began to exist. A shadow that towered above his own reach. A pungent scent numbs the tip of the nose. It carries a unique cold energy that can suppress all air currents.
Kwon Taek Joo clutched the cuff in his hand. No matter how talented this killer is. he will not be safe when the bomb explodes. Because the distance with him was too close, if he was unlucky, his limbs would fly away. But that's not something to worry about right now when his head could still fly away under his hands. All Kwon Taek Joo has to do is attack suddenly and stuff a bomb in his eyes, nose or mouth. With that determination, he turned around.
But before Kwon Taek Joo could do anything, the hand holding the bomb was grabbed, followed by his vision suddenly turning upside down before his mind could realize what was happening. The wind caused the bomb to slip out of his hand and fly away. Kwon Taek Joo closed his eyes tightly in anticipation of the terrible pain, but the explosion rang out from underneath the building. The heat soared. That was the moment his last fortress disappeared in vain.
Kwon Taek Joo's head came into contact with the rough cement floor. The only thing that caught his eye was a pair of long, straight legs and crocodile leather shoes with a special pointed toe, something he had seen in magazines. Its smooth appearance reminded him of the body of a crocodile, making it even more memorable. Its price is about 4 thousand dollars. A luxury not suitable for a murderer.
"It's dirty. Can you take it off a bit?"
Those were his first words. His voice was not as deep as he thought, he seemed quite young.
But what is he asking Kwon Taek Joo to take off? The only thing that was dirty was his hand that stabbed someone else's eye. A vague idea flashed through his mind but he tried to ignore it. If even the remaining shirt was taken away, he would freeze to death before being killed bv this bastard.
But it seems he is not very patient. While Kwon Taek Joo was still pretending not to pay attention, an object with a familiar texture touched his head that was being pressed down. It's a Colt.
"...Damned."
Kwon Taek Joo cursed and unbuttoned his shirt. Because his right arm was grabbed by him, he could only use his left hand. And because it's a new shirt, even the button grooves are stiff. making it quite difficult. Just as he was about to undo the second button, he grabbed the back of his shirt.
The shirt ripped instantly. The button popped out with great force and hit Kwon Taek Joo on the chin and cheek. Something cold replaced his hand and wrapped around his bent wrist. When he withdrew his hand. Kwon Taek Joo heard a rattling sound. Those are handcuffs. The remaining handcuffs were fixed to a nearby iron bar. Only his head was still on the floor.
His shadow moved leisurely and slowly. When that movement stopped, the shirt stained with blood and body fluids fell to the floor.
Next he took a deep breath and exhaled longer. Looks like he's smoking or something. With his slowing breathing, the delicate scent emanating from him became even more intense.
It's not the usual nicotine smell. It's darker, deeper and spicier than that. Kwon Taek Joo could feel the moisture from that unique scent. What is it? Before long, something fell into his inverted vision. It's the tip of a handmade cigar left over after smoking.
After the bastard finished smoking, he immediately turned around and left. The straight legs gradually moved away. It seemed he had no intention of taking back the handcuffs so he just kept going down the stairs. He's quite tall. It took a while for Kwon Taek Joo to see the back of his head. That is all.
Only after the mysterious man's presence completely subsided was Kwon Taek Joo able to let out a breath. His whole body no longer had any strength. The body, which was stiff and stiff, also fell down. When the assassin disappeared, the chill of fantasy subsided and the cold of reality began to cut into the flesh. The wind blew against his body, making his goosebumps not even dare to rise, as if his skin was freezing and cracking. Damned. Kwon Taek Joo swallowed a curse and lied down on the floor in frustration.
Before long, a rather familiar sound rang in his ears. It is from far away and gradually getting closer.
It was the sound of a police car siren.