Do you have abs?

"Please take good care of mom. I trust you guys."
Dad always says that every time he leaves the house. To little boy Kwon Taek Joo, that greeting was strange. I don't know why, but it wouldn't be surprising if Dad never came back. And in fact, Dad's greeting each morning became his last.
His mother sobbed in front of his father's portrait. Kwon Taek Joo took a step back before that pitiful cry. He was suddenly afraid. At that time, seeing his mother become a stranger shocked Kwon Taek Joo more than the despair of not being able to see his father again.
His brother is different. Even though he wasn't an adult yet, he was more determined than anyone there. As if he had been preparing for a long time, he dutifully took care of his family. It was he who comforted his mother and took care of the food. After the funeral, he was also not swayed by the expectations, worries and responsibilities of those around him. He is an upright and upright person. For her mother, her older brother is someone she can trust and rely on, and for her younger brother Kwon Taek Joo, he is a comforting, protective shade. Thanks to that, he never had to feel the absence of his father.
The interaction between the two brothers is not much, partly because of the six-year age difference, partly because his brother is often away from home because of work. The two weren't particularly close, but they weren't strangers either. The two brothers lived like that.
It's rare for two people to contact each other unless something special happens. So one day, Kwon Taek Joo was surprised to receive a phone call from his brother. He had a feeling something was wrong, but his brother just called to ask. During the conversation, he did not mention any special stories.
"If I leave the country this time, I probably won't be able to return for two months. Please take good care of my mother for me."
The conversation in the end was no different from normal, but Kwon Taek Joo still felt strangely uncomfortable and even he couldn't find the reason. It was probably just a coincidence, because even after a while, nothing happened to his brother and his family. Kwon Taek Joo quickly shook off the insecurity in his heart.
Accidents always happen suddenly without warning, It came as a shock only after he had relaxed his mind. Same thing that day. A call came in late at night. Even though he heard clearly what the other person was saying, Kwon Taek Joo still couldn't believe it. He thought he was having a nightmare. He did not know how he arrived at the announced location. Both mother and Kwon Taek Joo were not conscious.
When the two arrived, there were many people gathered there. They are soldiers, bereaved family members, reporters and curious onlookers. The memories after that are no longer clear. All Kwon Taek Joo could do was sit there dazed in the chaos of despair, sadness, and anger mixed together.
He took a nap while tending the altar. Sleeping or waking up is no longer his will. Amidst the dreams, the figures of his father and brother appeared. The two of them repeated the same words as if they already knew what was going to happen. He hated those repeated requests. He covered his ears and they started scolding him to answer quickly. Both take the form of the moment of death, an incomplete and haunting image.
When Kwon Taek Joo woke up in a daze, his mother came and sat next to him. Contrary to fears, the mother who fainted after seeing her brother's body still maintained her usual demeanor. At least it seems that way. She held Kwon Taek Joo's hand tightly when he had a nightmare and gently stroked his sweaty hair.
"Now I can only live by looking at you."
In the mother's tired eves, a determination suddenly flashed.
——
Kwon Taek Joo took a deep breath and opened his eyes. Thin eyelashes trembled in the open vision. A vibration continuously hit his head. Dizziness too. The surface of the object in contact with his skin was cold and hard, like a glass window. He slowly closed his eves and then opened them, the scene outside the car window passed quickly. Scattered buildings, abandoned cars along the road, dense but bare trees, it looks like a city made of snow.
Still on the ship? No. he could no longer feel the noise or vibration characteristic of the wheels running on the railway. But he still moved regardless of his will. It's just that Kwon Taek Joo didn't remember switching to another means of transportation midway.
"Are you awake?"
While he was still trying to understand the situation, a familiar voice rang out. Kwon Taek Joo made eye contact with the man sitting in the driver's seat through the rearview mirror. Just look at his curled eyes to know who he is. Who else, it's Zhenya.
"What is this... Ugh!"
Kwon Taek Joo groaned because of the dull pain in his spine. He unconsciously put his hand on the back of his neck and felt a bandage there. The last memory vaguely appeared.
He was attacked by a group of two people while searching for the missing Hong Yeo Wook. Have you been unconscious since then? How long has it been, how did you get off the train, are you in the car and where are you going now? Kwon Taek Joo cannot guess anything
He stared at the rearview mirror as if looking for an explanation.
"A lot happened while you were sleeping."
Zhenya blinked again, his tone sounding humming. Kwon Taek Joo just glared in disapproval at the bastard who looked quite happy but didn't say anything else. He was so curious about what happened while unconscious that such teasing didn't bother him.
But Zhenya still did not clearly resolve Kwon Taek Joo's doubts.
"You don't remember anything, do you?"
"No problem."
"Yes, that's good, but remembering it clearly would be embarrassing."
"Stop beating around the bush and say it properly."
"Well, I won't refuse if you want to embarrass yourself more. I went back to my room and couldn't find you. The bathroom was empty. I waited for a few minutes and you didn't come back, nor could I contact you.", I found it strange so I went to find him myself. And guess what, you were lying in front of the bathroom door."
"...Hong Yeo Wook suddenly disappeared so I went to look for him and was attacked by them. Those two guys seemed to be in the same group. Did you see their faces?"
"Let's see. Should I say I saw it?"
"If you see it then you see it, if not then you haven't seen it yet. Why do you keep answering vaguely?"
"I should have taken the time to look closely. It was all crushed."
It's unclear why Kwon Taek Joo believes that Zhenya played an important role in making things like this. He saw this partner with his own eyes before collapsing. What kind of enthusiasm and sympathy do you expect from him? It's just that he found something interesting after a long time.
Kwon Taek Joo gave him a mocking look.
"That's legitimate defense, just legitimate defense."
Zhenya explained in his characteristic superficial tone. Now Kwon Taek Joo no longer believes in his shameless justification.
"You must have determined their identities before dealing with them, right? Is it true that they were sent by Bogdanov?"
Kwon Taek Joo silently expected it, but Zhenya immediately affirmed that this was not the case. The answer that followed was even more surprising.
"They're skinheads. You know, right? People who want to create a world just for white people."
"..What?"
"You were attacked by those people."
No way. Certainly one name in that group is Hong Yeo Wook. It must have been him. because even though he searched all the train compartments, Kwon Taek Joo still couldn't find him anywhere. And as soon as they confronted him, he attacked him without hesitation, so it was definitely because Hong Yeo Wook discovered that he was being followed. That guy in black even has the newest gun, so there's nothing left to doubt.
But was their true identity simply skinheads and was Kwon Taek Joo accidentally attacked by them there at that time? This is Russia so it's not unreasonable at all. It's just that the timing was so random that it was suspicious.
Assuming Zhenya's words are completely true, there are still doubts. If Hong Yeo Wook wasn't one of those two guys, then where would he have disappeared to? From the night before until morning, the train did not stop for a moment. Kwon Taek Joo began searching for Hong Yeo Wook and looked around the ship before arriving in Irkutsk. The only hiding place for Hong Yeo Wook, who disappeared in an instant, could only be a locked bathroom.
That's not the only strange thing, either. While searching for Hong Yeo Wook, Kwon Taek Joo couldn't even meet Zhenya. If Hong Yeo Wook and Zhenya had nothing to do with the gang that attacked him, then where were the two of them during that time? Can people hide under the floor of a moving train or hang from the ceiling of a train car?
Kwon Taek Joo's eyes became sharper as he looked in the rearview mirror.
"Where were you then?"
"Are you doubting me? Or are you complaining that I Wasn't there when you were beaten?"
"I searched all over the ship looking for Hong Yeo Wook. But neither he nor you were anywhere to be found."
"You searched all over the ship... Is that true? You never showed up where I was."
"What do you mean?"
"You didn't go to the management office."
"Management department... what?"
Kwon Taek Joo was stunned for a moment as if he had been stabbed in a weak spot. Of course he didn't go to the management office. Rather, from the beginning he did not suspect that place. Unless the manager is a woman, there seems to be no reason for Zhenya to stop by. But if he was really there, that would explain why Kwon Taek Joo couldn't find him even though he searched the entire ship. But this does not mean that doubts completely disappear.
"What were you doing there?"
"Unlike the others who only worried about sleeping and forgetting their tasks, I followed Hong Yeo Wook all night. That guy suddenly left in the middle? Usually at that time, he would read a book or do something because the train hadn't arrived yet. I felt a bit suspicious so I went to his train car and met the woman in charge there. I asked if she had seen him, and she answered quickly. Hong Yeo Wook said he wanted to change the destination from Irkutsk to Moscow and asked how to meet the manager."
If you want to change your itinerary when traveling by cross border train, you can do so by meeting with the person in charge to process it. This method is often used when you go further than your original destination. But Hong Yeo Wook bought a ticket to Moscow from the beginning. Even if something goes wrong, there's no reason to see the manager unless you want to prolong the journey. All he has to do is get off the train at the desired location and be reimbursed for the remaining cost of the journey there. The strangest thing is that while he has to keep his identity a secret, he is obsessed with refunding tickets that are not worth much.
A premonition flashed through Kwon Taek Joo's mind. He immediately stared at the rearview mirror. His eyes seemed to be checking to see if his guess was correct or not. Zhenya nodded gently.
"That's right. I was in the management office. The Bogdanovs contact was the deputy manager."
Kwon laek Joo felt like he was stabbed in the back. Is contacting Hong Yeo Wook in the middle of something so meaningful? He'd thought they'd put a contact on board. Of course, from the beginning he also considered the possibility that the contact could be disguised as a normal tourist. He also did not rule out the possibility that they could pretend to be flight attendants on the ship. But no matter how clever he was, he could not imagine that even public officials would be manipulated for their convenience. What a surprise.
People who are flying are inherently faster than people who are running. The strength suddenly disappeared from Kwon Taek Joo's shoulders, which were stiff with tension.
"So how is he? How could you have missed him?"
"If so then yes, if not then no."
The situation is getting serious but everything is still vague and unclear. Kwon Taek Joo lost all patience and got angry.
"Spit it out."
"The conclusion is that Hong Yeo Wook did not get off in Irkutsk."
"So what?"
"After contacting the conductor, he took off in a prepared helicopter and evaporated from the moving train."
"Is that okay then?"
"Nothing is impossible if you give up half your life."
Certainly, it's not physically impossible. Kwon Taek Joo was just confused because it was something he had never thought about.
Hong Yeo Wook used the excuse to change the itinerary to go to the management office. The manager was the contact person who promptly called for a waiting helicopter. Adjusting the speed of the train so that Hong Yeo Wook can board the train safely will not be too difficult. At that time, the train was approaching Irkutsk, so no passengers were suspicious even though the train was moving slower than usual. Including Kwon Taek Joo.
Hong Yeo Wook left by helicopter while the train continued to head to Irkutsk. Even if some pursuer belatedly found Hong Yeo Wook, he would have disappeared long ago. The ship's contact person could have just returned to Moscow as if nothing had happened.
All of this happened while Kwon Taek Joo was hanging out in the restroom area. His mood suddenly dropped. He thought he might miss Hong Yeo Wook, but not like this. But not always. We can't let things end so miserably. With that frustrated mood, he spoke harshly to Zhenya.
"Are you just standing there watching?"
"But what else? Should I grab the flying helicopter and pull it down?"
It sounds absurd, but somehow that seems possible with Zhenya. It's easy to imagine him catching a helicopter like he's catching a dragonfly. And it's hard to believe that this kid missed Hong Yeo Wook right before his eyes.
He was not the type to let his targeted prey get away. Unless he intentionally let it go. At least that's the Zhenya that Kwon Taek Joo knows up to this point. As if to confirm the thoughts in his mind, Zhenya admitted that he wanted to release Hong Yeo Wook.
"I thought there was no need to catch him right away, so I left him alone. There was no need to fight the snake."
"Why are you so confident?"
Zhenya picked up something and threw it at Kwon Taek Joo. He caught it and realized it was a location tracking device. A red dot is flashing at the coordinates on the screen.
"What is this?"
"My confidence."
"Did you install a location tracking device on Hong Yeo Wook?"
"But this shallow method will probably lose its effectiveness quickly."
"Why?"
"I fed him it."
"...Feeding?"
"I've been watching what he's been eating for the past few days. He's only eaten a little bread. It seems that Russian food doesn't suit Hong Yeo Wook's taste very much. When the Asian people around him started to enjoy it." He seemed quite interested in Chinese instant noodles. So I asked the lady selling snacks a favor.''
Did Zhenya put a tiny location tracking device in instant noodles and sell it to Hong Yeo Wook? He's only eaten dry bread these past few days, so he must be craving soup. If the soup is spicy enough, it will be difficult to be wary. For a Korean like Kwon Taek Joo, this story is completely understandable.
He hated to admit it, but Zhenya was right this time. If Hong Yeo Wook is stopped by force, Bogdanov's side will also know of Kwon Taek Joo's presence. If so, the original plan may have to be changed to maintain secrecy.
Instead, it seemed much more effective to let Hong Yeo Wook escape as planned and chase after him. The most important goal of this operation is to determine the identity of 'SS-29, not to hinder Hong Yeo Wook's communication with Bogdanov.
Zhenya suddenly said "One day is enough". This also means that the time allowed is only one day. When Hong Yeo Wook digests all the food, the navigation device becomes meaningless. Kwon Taek Joo only hopes that Hong Yeo Wook will meet 'SS-29' before that time.
The target continues to move southeast. The sign outside the window said that was the direction to Lake Baikal. Kwon Taek Joo didn't know if it was the real destination or if they were trying to change the route again. Anyway, fortunately, the gap between him and Hong Yeo Wook is gradually narrowing.
The car carrying two people rushed through a large field. There was not a single person on the road, let alone a single car passing by. Is it because your head is temporarily anemic? Even though he was not in such a situation, he suddenly felt dizzy.
Dense clumps of cypress trees appeared on both sides of the road. The quiet scene became even more desolate because snow covered the dry branches. No matter where Kwon Taek Joo looked, he only saw a picture of pure white snow and trees.
As soon as we left the cypress forest, an endless snowfield opened up. The piled up snow made the boundary of the road unclear. The surrounding space was wide open but made his heart uneasy. Kwon Taek Joo felt a sense of despair, as if he would never be able to get anywhere.
He kept looking for signs of life. Not long after, he saw a herd of sheep. Their fur is especially long and shaggy because they live in cold areas. Wooden houses are occasionally seen with steep roofs that help withstand large amounts of snow.
The car drove non-stop through the vast snowfield, Kwon Taek Joo began to feel reality. The two of them are now in the middle of Siberia.
"Is your head okay? I pinned it back."
Zhenya suddenly asked. Kwon Taek Joo looked in the rearview mirror so their eyes immediately met. He unconsciously touched the bandage on his head.
It's unknown what hit him, but the impact was so strong that he wouldn't have been surprised if his skull had been shattered. But there was hardly any blood on the bandage. Kwon Taek Joo isn't sure but it looks like the stitches are pretty good. The worrying thing is who stitched this wound?
Must be a doctor. Of course you have to be a doctor. Was there not a single medical staff member on that long train journey? Maybe he was taken to the hospital as soon as he arrived in Irkutsk. The more he rationalized, the more obvious the feeling of insecurity became.
"Who?"
"That's me."
The answer he was worried about came. The thought of being completely unconscious and in Zhenya's hands made him feel needlessly embarrassed. Kwon Taek Joo could imagine the look on his face as he squeezed the stapler. No wonder he asked about others for no reason like that.
Zhenya then continued to spout stories that weren't even asked. What was the condition of Kwon Taek Joo's scalp at the time of discovery, how much blood was shed, the characteristics of the weapon that hit his head, the feeling of using a stapler on raw meat, etc. Every time he said The pain he had been suppressing seemed to revive. Kwon Taek Joo has to quickly change the subject somehow.
"Instead, have you greeted Louise properly?"
"Who?"
"Who else? The French girl is getting married. Aren't you very pleased with her?"
"Me?"
Zhenya showed a silly expression. He even pointed at himself with his index finger. Why did he suddenly turn around like that?
"You said you couldn't sleep with the same person twice. But you slept with her three times."
I don't know why Kwon Taek Joo himself has to explain those things too. A dissatisfied expression appeared clearly on his face. Zhenya looked in the rearview mirror and laughed loudly. The voice muttered something extremely gentle.
"Honestly, that girl is my type."
"What?"
"You said you like women with big and chubby breasts. Are you satisfied with that size?"
So, was seducing Louise all about that? Because she fits the ideal type that Kwon Taek Joo himself talked about?
The past suddenly flashed like a ray of light. On the last night on the cross-border train, he was so seduced by Zhenya and Louise that he lost his way. The image of Zhenya smiling while spraying semen on someone else's face was still vivid in his mind.
Kwon Taek Joo immediately lowered the back seat window. A cruel wind blew through the open window. His hair, headband, and collar fluttered. Amidst all that, he looked up at the distant sky and let out his anger that was about to explode. He closed his eyes once and then slowly opened them, a fighting spirit he had never seen before burned in his eyes.
"I never really saw it because you hid it so well. Do you have abs?"
Kwon Taek Joo clenched his molars, as if he was squeezing out every word. Zhenya suddenly glanced at the rearview mirror.
"So suddenly?"
"When this job is finished I will personally shred it."
The declaration of war against evil continues to resound. Zhenya was silent for a moment then burst out laughing. The rest was serious but he didn't consider it a threat at all. It took a while for him to stop laughing and roll up the back window.
"I'm looking forward to it."
The corner of his mouth still drew a curve.