'° Sands of Time: The Other Side

(V2 of an old chapter that seemed.. too off and independent, djd not follow the plot at all lmao)

The sun's heat gazed over the fiery magic sands of the desert.

"We've been walking for ages.. are you even sure we're getting somewhere?" Aggs asked, covering his eyes as he slowly stared up at the sun.

"I'm certain we'll come across something that will help us." Ael assured, covering himself from the burning heat with his vines emerging from his back.

"Speak of Nargavta." Ael paused and stared at a old, broken down hut. "A hut in the middle of a desert.." He pondered, staring at it.

Aggs pointed at the back of the hut. "Look!" The dwarf hollered. "Oh, an oasis!.. Might we find something useful?"

They both entered the hut, surveying everything it had, from shelves that circled around the walls, to artifacts unfamiliar.

Crack.

Ael would look down, noticing he'd have stepped on an artifact..

It was glowing. "Piqued.. we're going to take this with us." Ael stated, grabbing the artifact and storing it.

Ael pauses in his tracks. "I'll be waiting for you outside, Aggs." He'd exit the hut.

Aggs stared at what seemed to be a family photo hanging from the wall, encased in a wooden frame.

"Aggs?" Ael called from outside before Aggs quickly dashed out of the hut, grabbing his hammer and the photo. "What had you on a commercial break?" He'd ask, continuing to travel and find another interest.

"Nothing. Anyways, when are we going to battle?" Aggs excitedly questioned, bouncing along the mystic sands. "Oh, I was hoping for a battle-empty journey."

After a long, agonizing and hot walk, the two arrived before a massive pyramid towering over them.

Featuring elegant white pillars along the edges of the prism, and a luminating light gazing over them at the top.

"This isn't like the other pyramids..?" Ael pondered, approaching the entrance of the pyramid as he prepared for battle, his hands glowing in a green hue.

Aggs wiped the sweat from his nose, quickly running at the entrance as he bursted in. "AGRUT! Azeths are here to beat your a..HH?!?!" Aggs yelled out, jolting back at the sight of the slithery figure called Red.

"Oh. The sugarcane and the ginger." Red licked his claws, almost sounding disappointed.

"Atleast the dwarf is here." The armored man Black landed onto the floor, clenching a valuable necklace.

"Good point.. although..

The fun won't be as much as with the human." Red glared at the two, grinning ear-to-ear as his red eyes gazed at them.

Ael immediately summoned a vine behind him, blasting it straight at Red with darting speeds.

Red tore apart the vine with his claws, as he then quickly disappeared and reappeared behind Ael, preparing to strike.

Aggs quickly struck Red from behind, as he chanted Agrut, rippling small rock spikes across Red's back and sending him away.

Aggs and Ael stood 6 meters apart from Red and Black.

Black immediately surged in speed, blasting himself at Aggs in a bolt, then preparing to swing his large blade of darkness.

Aggs quickly held his hammer in front of him and clenched it tightly.

As Black swung, Aggs blocked with the handle of his mallete. The dwarf forced back Black's blade before he followed with a powerful swing and blow to Black's head, cracking his helmet as he was sent away.