'° Overgrown Tower

3 days after jumping the wolverine group -- and WON, I traveled to a more far place from the forest.

I arrived at an old, overgrown tower which had a light on the highest point, that was flickering.

Approaching it, I forcefully pushed open the door, as the vines locking onto the door were ripped off.

I explored the tower and was met with a massive library, a vast array of books circling along the walls.

I grabbed some books that were of interest, and something caught my eye.

Something glowing was on the table.

I approached it and grabbed the glowing object, which appeared to be a shard..

I tried slashing it, throwing it, nothing.

So I yelled out 'Sage!' "Hello, what may I be of assistance?" That familiar voice played in my mind. "Erm.. so uh, what's this?" I asked.

A screen appeared in front of me.

[ MAGIC SHARD ]
[RARITY: B+]

• [ Has a powerful magic aura that empowers its user. Can also be used for currency. ]
[ WORTH: 7 BRONZE COINS ]

Oh, that.

A magic shard! I think I've heard of it before.. and - it can be used? Well, alright!

I put it in my pocket.

I then walked up the stairs to the next floor, only to be met with another library, next floor; another library, next one, another library.. and finally the last floor.

It had some shelves embedded in the walls, but he main attraction was a floating, glowing light in the center of the room.

I approached it, and there, I felt a sudden vibration in my pocket, picking up it up; was the shard I had collected glowing brighter than ever.

I tilted my head.

I walked closer.. it glowed brighter.

I pointed the shard at the light, as the shard suddenly started orbiting the light.

Its orbit grew increasingly faster, and faster; until I suddenly glowed a bright flash of light before a screen appeared before me.

[NOTICE]
[ YOU HAVE BEEN (BLESSED). ]

[ EFFECT: PASSIVE SKILL ]
[ EFFECT: SYNERGIZE ]

Ooh, what's that?

[ EFFECT: SYNERGIZE ]
• [ A powerful affinity with all elements and races.

Is strong against any element,
Is strong against any race. ]

Oh nice, so basically I counter everything now..?

-

Suddenly, I heard a loud howl.

I rushed down the stairs, clenching my staff for whatever danger may rush at me.

I pass through the bushes crouching under the trees' cover as I approach the howl.

It was a.. boar thing type? It was black and big, while also having the attributes of a wolf.

It noticed me and glared, I quickly turned into a stance as so did the magic beast.

"Come at me!" I shouted loudly at the beast. It snorted, dashing at me at an unforseen speed.

I moved back in surprise, then quickly shifting into a block, gripping my staff horizontally with both my arms on both sides.

The beast's 4 horns bashed into my staff, as it pushed.

It clearly had a higher level than me, as it moved me back.

I knee'd the beast's stomach, as it jolted back. I quickly struck the boar from the side with my staff, the spikes piercing into its skin.

Suddenly, multiple screens appeared around the beast.

[STATUS]

[ DRAINED ]
• [ Special abilities and other essentials are now unavailable. ]

________

[STATUS]

[ BLEED ]
• [ Constantly take dmg and cancel all positive effects for the duration. ]

Dang, is this from the blessing or is it the spikes on my staff?

I started jabbing and punching the beast left and right, and the same effects appeared.

Yet, despite all those strikes and effects; the beast was still just 60% HP.

I clenched my staff as I continued striking the beast, until it limped and backed away, where I slammed my staff onto its head, crushing it as it disintegrated.

[ LEVEL UP ! ]
[ STATUS (NEW) ]
[HP: 25/25]
[MP: 44/44]
[MG: 5]

[ATK: 11]
[DEF: 11]

The level up screen appeared, it closed quickly.

"Huh, alright. Just one more level until I complete the mana requirement.. and 5 more magic power to be able to use the ember skill."

I collected the loot from the beast, as I walked back towards the overgrown tower.

I walked back up the stairs to get to the top floor, then I found a place to get comfy. I placed Slime beside me as I cuddled and slept.