Chapter 119 - Racing: Cornered

Start from the beginning

"Outta my way!" [Luffy]

"You're in Straw Hat's way..." [Abdullah]

"Don't stand in his way, you idiots!" [Jeet]

"Wha- OI! Don't you stand behind me either! Get off!" [Luffy]

"Don't say that! Let us follow you!" [Abdullah]

"Straw Hat!" [Jeet]

"What's wrong with these guys..." [Luffy]

Cheering for the Bull (minus Law and I) continued as Moocy and Luffy took enemies out left and right. It seemed like nothing could slow us down...

"Go! Go! Go!" Luffy cheered for Moocy. But then stopped and leaned forward trying to see something, making the rest of us do the same.

'There's already a fight ahead of us going on- Is that... a dust cloud with sparkles?'

Suddenly, the dust cleared, and a face that kept showing up made us all gasp. Moocy slammed on brakes, making Law almost fall over Luffy, me almost falling over Law, if not for him holding his leg up, and the two behind me almost falling over me, if not for Law's leg.

We all stared forward as Luffy mumbled, "Cabbage?!"

The dust cloud cleared completely as I shoved the two behind my back so I could sit up off of Law, and there he was, riding on his white stallion.

"Is he... posing?" I mumbled.

He had another rose in his mouth and when he finally eliminated the last adversary, he took the rose from his mouth and looked up at us.

"Straw Hat! I'm gonna go first!" he called to us, then laughed as he continued riding away from us.

"Damn! I thought I was taking a shortcut!" Luffy grumbled as we watched Cavendish's fleeting figure, "Go way, way faster, Moocy!" Luffy commanded, and Moccy started off again. Looking up, we could see the other contestants just now climbing up the plateau.

'So I guess our timing was just about the same...'

"Oh, no! They're gonna get ahead of me!"

Moocy continued to jump around, dodging bullets as Luffy just sent them back, and for the two of us who were still handcuffed, it was hard to stay balanced, more so for Law since he was lying on his back. Luffy, and now Jeet and Abdullah started taking out enemies, but they just kept coming, and Law noticed before me, turning to Luffy.

"I see no end to this," he grumbled, and Luffy looked back at him.

"I'm gonna take out all of them!" Before Luffy could act on his words, someone made Moocy stop in his tracks. It was a man, but I can't remember where I saw him from... maybe the Colosseum?

"...Who's that?" [Luffy]

"Hey, don't say such a thing!" The man said, turning to the six of us, "I was a contender in Block C, same as you."

"Were you?" Luffy asked bluntly.

"Hey, hey, hey! We were saved by God Ussop, like the others! I found a shortcut to reach the higher levels! You can make it to the sunflower field– right in front of the palace!"

"What? Really?!" Luffy smiled as the familiar man ran past us.

"Yeah! Follow me! I wanna help you!"

"Alright! We're gonna overtake Cabbage and the others in a single spurt!" Luffy cheered and commanded Moocy to follow the man. But clearly, some of us had our suspicions.

"Hey, Straw Hat!" Law spoke up, "When can I get these handcuffs off? With these Sea Prism Stone shackles, I'm just going there to get killed by Doflamingo. The same goes for Red Wood." Law said, not turning his head from Luffy.