Chapter 18

I was the first car to arrive at the Mikaelson orchard. With Davina and Monique in the backseat. "Nice place," Davina commented. We pulled up and a human, most likely compelled, opened the trunk and started pulling out the suitcases.

"I agree. It's good that even though we can't go to the house we can stay somewhere away from the city," I told them. Monique pouted. Like she had since she found out we weren't going to Virginia.

"I don't see why we have to holiday with the Mikaelsons."

"I need them. They're our allies in the coming war."

"You don't need anyone."

"Well, that's not necessarily true. We need them now. I do. There are things coming and I need to keep you safe. All of the witches."

"I trust you," Davina said and grabbed her purse. She was wearing a large tan burberry jacket with jeans, boots, and a cashmere sweater.

"I do too," Monique said. She wore less clothes, just a leather jacket, flowing minidress and boots.

"Well I'm glad. Let's head inside. Remember to be respectful to the Mikaelsons." They nodded. We looked up at the steps and the family was all waiting for us there. Freya, Finn, Elijah, Klaus, Rebekah, and Kol were standing on the porch.

"Don't vampires have anything more important to do?" I teased.

"Well that's my cue. I was just trying to be helpful," Kol said before running off.

"We have everyone's room set up and I even warded Eva and Vincent's room, just so they'd be more comfortable," Freya explained and I nodded.

We went inside and Freya took us to our rooms. They were set up like a quaint bed and breakfast which would work perfectly for our uses. Freya showed me my room last, it overlooked the vast property. "How have you been?" I asked her once we were alone.

"It was a bit to adjust to. The clothes and technology but doing it with Finn has been quite helpful."

"And how has he been? Did he find Sage?" She looked at me in surprise.

"He found her. But she had moved on. I think it best, she wasn't right for him."

"I agree with you," I told her. Finn needed someone a bit different to stave off his depression. "How has he really been?"

"I've been giving him some herbs for mood swings and he has trouble sleeping but he is okay. I even have trouble sleeping sometimes."

"Do you enjoy Mystic Falls?" Her nose screwed up and I didn't need to be an empath to know how she felt.

"I hate the place. I don't understand Niklaus's obsession. And why the others indulge. I believe that's why Rebekah and Kol travel so often."

"So you'll all be happy to live here?"

"Niklaus mentioned you returning Marcel's home to us. Elijah tells me he is your ex lover."

"Yes. But we all have our issues. Marcel's time is up in that house. That's all." I got a nudge and knew I needed to get outside.

Once I arrived there, I knew what it was. Sabine and Athena were arguing in the driveway as the man unloaded the suitcases. "I just don't understand why you had to bring so much,."

"You know how hard it is for me to get dressed."

"It's just family, who are you trying to impress?" Sabine asked.

"My damn self and maybe even you. But you don't even care that I look good."

"You always look good, Athena," Sabine told her and I knew the argument was coming to an end. They may not look like they belong together but I knew that they did. Athena was a little hood, very intelligent and very beautiful. Sabine was also those things but very proper and needed Athena to be that fun and luxury in her life.