Chapter 16

Marcel didn't come back that night. But it wasn't like last time. I wouldn't wait around for him. The invocation could be years, maybe even decades away. I kept thinking that I shouldn't have even brought it up. It wasn't like we were broken up. But it definitely didn't feel like we were together either.

I went about that way for a while. A few weeks, going into finals. I thought I could distract myself and everyone else but even the weather could tell my mood is shitty. There hadn't been a day of clear sunshine in weeks. Although there were some hours where it was so hot it would beat down on the city, practically melting the streets. But constantly foggy and sometimes droplets of rain would fall. I'm sure those closest knew it was me. So I just stayed out of everyone's way.

The week of finals, Monique and Davina came into my room together. Which should have been weird enough. "Hey, what's going on?"

"You tell us," Monique said and Davina elbowed her.

"We wanted to know if we could have a pool party to celebrate the end of the school year," Davina mentioned.

"Yeah, that's okay with me. It's in like ten days, right? I'll let Mycah know to stay upstairs." They both nodded but stood there like they still had something to say. "Anything else?"

"Well we wanted to know if maybe we could have a nice day. Sun, a gentle breeze, you know, the weather we've missed for weeks." Monique said and received yet another elbow from Davina that she returned with a glare this time.

"If the gods permit, I'm sure it will go great."

"Well it's not the gods that have put the weather in such shit, it's you." Monique said and my eyes widened.

"Okay..." I furled my brows in confusion. I mean, it was definitely possible that it was me. Okay, I knew it was me.

"It's just, Amour, isn't it kind of immature to do this but not go talk to him?" Davina asked. She was usually on my side. I was officially annoyed.

"He left me. He wants my destiny to change. I didn't do anything to him."

"No but it's not like he can create a storm as a cry for help when he thinks he was wrong." I wanted to roll my eyes but they weren't wrong. Kings don't usually admit they're wrong. And they definitely don't leave their home turf to do it.

"Fine. I will go see him and try to make sure you have decent weather on your party day. You both can leave now."

"Yes!" They both said then straightened their faces and walked out. Now I did roll my eyes, playfully though.

I showed up to the abattoir in my best. A long duster on top of a skintight dress with stiletto heels. There was a party going on. That was a bit frustrating. I'm giving off signals and he's drinking it up. I searched to find him up stairs on a couch with some chick's wrist in his mouth. "I guess absence does not make the heart grow fonder," I said to him. He looked up at me in shock. I rolled my eyes and checked my nails.

"Amour, what are you doing here?"

"I thought after two weeks and almost five months without sex, my boyfriend would want to talk. Do you still have that title? Are we no longer together? Have you found someone else in that time?" I didn't even care about the living blood bag.

"No. I'm an adult and I have enough impulse control to go without for a while. I haven't been cheating on you. You're not gonna put that on me."

"Well then fucking talk to me. Break up with me. Do something. This limbo shit is not for me." I gestured between us and he exhaled deeply.

We ended up in his study. The room, in another possibility, would have been Klaus' art studio. There was silence for a bit but I still heard all the noise of the party. I got up and walked to the bookcase where I kept a few witchcraft supplies. Lighting the sage, I did a privacy spell. "So? Where have you been? Here I'm assuming?" I asked him.