Chapter 12

Preparing for the party and the arrival of the Mikaelsons was insane. I was definitely expecting at least three but possibly all, knowing them. Power in numbers and all of that. Plus I expected Rebekah to come check on her ex boy toy. I didn't tell all the witches, just the ones I liked. If they chose to tell other people, that was on them. The day before the party, I sat with my goddaughter at Vincent and Eva's. "Why can't I babysit her at my place?"

"Because you live with an actual lion." Eva explained when she came out of their bedroom in a nice long sleeve cotton dress and boots. It was date night and I was proud of them for stepping out of the house.

"Mycah is harmless. Just see when Nic is older, no one will be able to protect her like Mycah." Eva nodded her head.

"I don't even like coming to your house." I pouted.

"That's not fair, she's my familiar. I literally have a telepathic connection with her. She wouldn't hurt anyone I cared about. Why is it that Zenia is the only one who doesn't mind her?" Even Bonnie didn't spend too much time around her. But I also think it might have been the time Mycah laid her big ass body over Bonnie's legs and licked her face. Lions don't have small tongues. Mycah was just trying to bond but Bonnie was slightly grossed out.

"Because Zenia wishes Mycah was her familiar." I shrugged my shoulders. She wasn't wrong. Vincent came out of the bathroom and a cloud of his cologne seemed to follow. "Oh, it's really an occasion. Vince has on the good stuff." Eva and I laughed while he rolled his eyes.

I spent a good amount of time with Nicolette while they were out. It was nice, being just us. I was looking at some of her possibilities. She would be a very powerful witch but like her mother and father, she had the ability to seek the darker magics. We'd have to be careful with her but she was going to grow up perfectly. Another true change. Something in me wondered if she was also from another world, since she didn't exist in canon. But neither did Amani and Anaya so maybe she was just meant to be in this world. My phone rang and I looked to see that it was Klaus. "What could you possibly want?" Nicolette gurgled and I shushed her.

"Is that a baby I hear? How much has changed, friend?"

"Is that what we are? What do you want?"

"You and your little sister currently live in New Orleans, yes?" I held my breath.

"Yes. Bonnie goes to Xavier and I attend University of New Orleans. Why are you so involved in my life?"

"I recently got an invitation from a long dead friend, now I'm not easy to kill but it is still possibly a trap.Are you close with the witches of the city?"

"We're cordial."

"Ah, do I sense all is not well in the land of witches?"

"Bite me, asshole. I haven't heard anyone mention you. But it's possible they are bringing you here to try to kill me. You're one of the only people in the world that have the possibility of doing so."

"I never thought of that. Perhaps I should come." He said it in a way that he had thought of that or had even been told that.

"Now I know you did not just threaten me. I will desiccate your ass and feed off you just like I did Mikael. Play with me if you want to, Klaus. They'll be leading you like Sleeping Beauty to the spindle." I hung up on him, so pissed. Lightning lit up the house as it flashed. I heard the key in the door and Vincent and Eva rushed in.

"What happened?" Vincent asked.

"Nothing. Just got off the phone with Klaus Mikaelson. I don't think the witches are bringing him here to kill Marcel. I think they're luring him here to kill me." I looked at my friends and they were worried. "It's fine. I have a plan. But I'll need to go visit Marcel. We planned this entire night like he was the target." I kissed Nicollette and got up to collect my things. "Vincent, I'm letting you know, I survive their attempt, you're losing half the elders and I will be at the next meeting because we need to have a serious chat about reality."