Paradise lost

The opening has been skipped.
#49: Paradise lost

The screen lit up.

Kakucho gasped and shook holding his wounded chest.

"Again and again, my well-thought-out plans have been destroyed by Hanagaki." Kisaki said as everyone gasped and some gritted their teeth in anger. "Now that I can't use Mikey, my only choice is to use Izana as my instrument." Kisaki continued, Kakucho looked at him in anger as he kept on catching his breath.

"Kakucho, you're in my way, damn it!" Kisaki said. Kakucho stood up and faced him "Kisaki..." Kakucho groaned as his body swayed "I knew it. I never should have let you near Izana." Kakucho said, before screaming and running towards Kisaki.

"Die." Kisaki said, shooting Kakucho three times straight. They all gasped. Kakucho turned with his eyes widened. He wasn't shot, no.

Izana was shot!

Izana covered him and was shot instead.

Everyone's eyes widened. Emma gasped l, her hands going to her mouth. "Izana..." Kakucho's voice shook.

"Eh?!" Takemichi shouted. Mikey gasped. Tenjiku's jaw dropped in shock...and so does Toman's. Hina once again covered her mouth.

That's when Kisaki realized his mistake. "Izana!" Kisaki shouted just as Izana and Kakucho hit the ground. "Why? Why would you do that? Why did you protect your servant?" Kisaki asked.

'That's when he's wrong...Kakucho...is much more than a servant for me.' Izana smiled at his thought, only noticed by Takemichi, Chifuyu, and Mitsuya.

'I remember this feeling. That day...' Mitsuya trailed in his mind, as a reminder of the upcoming death hit him.

Ryusei gripped Baji's arm tighter. Baji only looked at his friend.

Kakucho looked at Izana in shock. "Izana." He said. Izana's back was turned on him "You idiot. What the hell are you doing?" Izana said finally laying out on the ground the way Kakucho does.

Izana choke out blood. "Damn it. For a servant, you're a real pain." He stopped, then smiled "My body...acted all on its own."

Kakucho's eyes widened as he gasped, tears threatening to roll down from his eyes.

Takemichi gulped.

Meanwhile, Kisaki fell down on his butt, gasping.

Mikey went to Izana.

"Mikey." Izana said, and Mikey grunted as a response "There's something...I want to tell you. Tenjiku...has lost." Izana said "Izana..." Mikey stared at him, letting the wind blow his hair.

"Cut that out, damn it!" Kakucho cried "I can say that, but you don't need to!"

Izana only chuckled "Don't be stupid. I really don't get you."

Izana sighed. 'So...Tenjiku lost...huh?' he looked up at the screen accepting their destiny - his destiny.

"Why did you protect me, Izana? Why protect someone like me? You're the king! No matter who you forsake and no matter how many you sacrifice, you have to create your era! That's what a king is, Izana!" Kakucho cried

"It's not my era. It's our era." Izana answered

"Eh?"

"Sorry, Kakucho. But...you are...all I have." Izana smiled making Kakucho teared up, letting out sobs.