Twenty-two

The mess that was created by Arista a few days ago has been cleared and the office is as good as new. Well I have a new assistant,the old one couldn't fight that much.

"Well it's not like you have much of an option here." Everett shrugs and swipes through the images on the tablet.
"The guy is sicker than we thought." He comments and shows me a picture of who I presume to be a boy of about fifteen.

"Apparently, Arturo was his messenger,a simple fuck up and this is what he sent to the boy's parents. Mother had a stroke on sight." He explains.

Why do people keep giving birth to sick fuck ups like these?

The boy in the picture is bloodied and lacerated in most parts of his face and arms.

"How does this concern me?" I'm angry, and I don't even know why.
That boy would've probably grown up to be a doctor or a teacher or something. But instead,he had join the wrong gang and mess up his life and his family's.

"I'm just showing it to you to show you what he does to people he doesn't trust." I roll my eyes at his answer.

"Well thank you for your concern but you have to pick my fiancée from the mall." I cut the conversation short.

"But she's your fiancée." He retorts.

"And she's your sister-in-law." I calmly answer.

"Dude,it's not nice how you're treating her. And I know that the hours you don't spend in the office you spend with Lisa." I can hear the anger in his voice but I couldn't care less.

"How I treat my wife is not your business. You have your life,I have mine. Stay out of mine."

He clenches and unclenches his fists before walking out of the office.

Am I really that horrible?

ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ

A black Bentley pulls up infront of the mall and I can see all the ladies ogling at the gentleman that comes out of it.
I would do that myself but I'm too busy trying not to hurt myself with the number of bags and boxes I have.

"Mrs. Ashbourne?" The gentleman walks closer to me and I realise that it's the gentleman from the meeting we had with his family.

"Yeah,I mean no,it's Mya. Call me Mya." I chuckle and I can feel all the eyes of the ladies outside on me.

"I'm Everett and I'm your brother-in-law but I'll be your personal driver for the day." He shouts a charming smile and I know I just met him but he's friendlier than his brother.

"You're nicer than your brother." I say without realising. I cover my mouth instantly and Everett chuckles.

"Don't worry,even I,second what you're saying. He's kind of an ass sometimes." He says and his eyes travel down to my feet.
"Um,what happened?" He points and pushes the wheelchair towards his car.
Everyone is still looking at us.

"Minor accident, ceramics." I answer meekly and he places me in the car.

"Where would you like to go?" He asks when he secured himself in the driver's seat.
"We could get ice cream. I guess." I don't even know what I'm saying right now.

"Great,I know this place that serves the best ice cream." He turns on the ignition and begins to drive away from the mall.

"My brother gave you his black card didn't he?" He asks after a few minutes of silence.
"Yeah,but my limit is too high. 10 million,what am I going to do with that?" I ask him and he has this shocked expression.

"Why?" I ask in amusement.

"You're the first and only girl to complain that the money is too much. They all want more and more. You're definitely a keeper." He jokes and I laugh.

"Well thank you." I respond and he pulls up into the driveway of the ice cream parlour.