Sixteen

"This isn't a joke man!" I yell and point my gun at the target dummy a few meters away.d

Three shots, directly in the dummy's chest.

"I know. We stil haven't found the shipments and two of our warehouses got blown up. I don't know what's happening and I haven't gotten feedback from Remus." Everett says and shoots at the dummy infront of him.

"How's dad taking it?" I ask him after I place the gun in its holster.

"He isn't taking it well. He wants to meet you after this." He says and pats me on the shoulder as a sign of good luck.

"It's not funny to lose money. You know that don't you?" He asks and runs his finger on the rim of his glass.

Why do I feel like punching him? Oh yeah he's a douche.

"Yes,I know it's horrible and you don't like to lose it. " I remark sarcastically.

"Good,so what are you going to do about our little problem?" He sips on his rum.

"I don't know honestly. I have a lot on my plate right now and the wedding...." I don't even complete my sentence and he cuts me off.

"Ah yes,the wedding. It's been decided. It'll be held in Sicily, at the end of the month. Everything's been arranged."

I grit my teeth, trying to contain my frustration. "You know I didn't agree to this marriage. It's just another one of your deals to secure alliances."

Father leans back in his chair, a smug smirk playing on his lips. "It's not up for debate. The marriage is happening, and you'll do your duty to the family."

I clench my fists, struggling to keep my composure. "Fine. But don't expect me to be happy about it."

He chuckles dismissively. "Your happiness is irrelevant. All that matters is the success of the family business."

I bite back a retort, knowing it's futile to argue with him. Instead, I nod curtly and make my exit, seething with resentment.

As I step outside, I'm greeted by the cool night air, a stark contrast to the heated atmosphere inside. I take a deep breath, trying to calm the storm raging within me.

But deep down, I know that this marriage isn't just about business. It's a tangled web of alliances, secrets, and lies—a game that I've been forced to play whether I like it or not. And as much as I hate to admit it, the stakes have never been higher.