Seven

My father keeps blabbing about some stuff about business and something about the cursed wedding.

"There'll be flowers and cherry blossoms." My mother says and I roll my eyes.

"Um,what would you like to eat please?" The cute waiter asks pleasantly while looking at me. I smile and he smiles back at me.

"Um,I'll have risotto." My father says.

"And what would you like to have,miss?" He asks me. I can sense his shyness and I take off my shades in order to look at him well.

"I'd like a Steak Diane please." I say and blink my eyes coquettishly.
I can sense Cairus's anger from where I am but I couldn't care less.

"Do you get paid to stare at ladies or you get paid to do your job?" Cairus asks him and I roll my eyes when he glanced at me.

"Bon appetit." The waiter says when he brings in our food.
I smile at the dish before me and I try not to laugh at how amazing the food tastes.
This is way better than the crap Mother cooks when the servants are on break.

(⁠ノ⁠`⁠⌒⁠´⁠)⁠ノ⁠┫⁠:⁠・⁠┻⁠┻

The douche of a waiter keeps smiling at Mya and she just smiles back at him.

What the hell?

"The wedding will be held in the evening,cooler air at that time." Father says and I clench my fist under the table.

I see Mya smile when she looks at her plate,but my question is why didn't she eat as much as I thought she'd eat.

"What do you think son?" Father asks.

"Whatever you deem best." I say and I see how Mya's expression changes.

"Can I say something?" She asks and I fight the urge to smile when I hear her voice.
It's either the alcohol or something else because her voice sounds nicer and easier to listen to.

"I think it'll be okay if we don't have a wedding at all,cause from the looks of my 'fiancé' he doesn't seem the type to keep his dick in his pants." She says and her mother drops her plate in embarrassment.

She's right. Why have a wedding at all?

"Pardon my daughter's foul mouth." She says and Mya rolls her eyes and stands up.

"Excuse me for a while." She says and gathers her gown in her arms before walking away.

°‿°

I don't know when led me on to say what I said in there but I care.

"Trouble in paradise I presume?" I hear a male voice ask from behind me. I yelp a bit before turning around to face the person.

"You?" I ask the cute waiter from inside.
He walks closer to me and I slump onto the ground.

"You're weird. Who'd wear such an itchy dress on a hot day like this?" He asks and slumps beside me.

"Me,and aren't you supposed to be working. I don't mean to sound rude." I tell him.
He chuckles and nods.

"I'm on break. And your boyfriend is really rude." He says and tugs at the aglet of his shoelace.

"He's not my boyfriend." I tell him while shaking my head.

This is the first time I've had such a peaceful conversation with someone in a long long time.

"Noted." He says and I smile.

"I'm Ezra. Ezra Levant." He says and extends his hand for a handshake.
I smile and shake his hand.

"Mya. Mya Gardiner." I says and get up.

"I have to get going,my parents might be looking for me." I tell him before walking back into the restaurant.

┬─⁠┬⁠ ⁠¯⁠\⁠_⁠(°°)

Mya returns after creating that scene with a stupid smile plastered on her face.

"Where were you?" I whisper to her and she sizes me up before looking away.

"I'm sorry, for my earlier attitude. I was under the influence of the steak. I promise not to behave like that again. But I still stand in my earlier judgement." She says and her parents' expressions are sour as if they would kill her if they got the chance.

The conversation continues and Mya smiles lazily at her steak without touching it.

Is she sick or something?

"It's settled then. The wedding will take place in a month's time." Her father says and mine happily agrees.

They shake hands and just like that,the lunch ends with me getting an indirect insult from my future wife and a potential beating waiting for her when she gets home.