Eighteen

My ears keep ringing as I try to make out what happened within the last five minutes. The beautiful decor of the restaurant seems gory now and the light is irritating my eyes.

My stomach churns and it feels like I'll throw up bike if I open my mouth.

The gentleman sitting beside Cairus seems to be the only one feeling sympathy for me. Judging from his facial expression.

"No." I say without realising.

Mother shoots me a glare and so does Mr. Ashbourne.

This is where I shut up.

"It's already been decided. No oppositions." Father says and I swear I see Cairus' jaw clench.

Guess I'm not the only on against it.

"With that being said,that means that this meeting is over." Mr. Ashbourne says and gets up, buttoning up his coat.

"Congrats man." The gentleman beside Cairus pats him on the shoulder and also pats him on the shoulder.

Cairus rolls his eyes and from my peripheral vision,I can see my parents leaving without me.

"Look what your lie got us into." I fold my arms over my chest and roll my eyes.
He has this amused expression on his face as if he did something good.

"Yes,it's bound to happen anyway so why not?" He smirks.

"As if,I would never give myself to such an egotistic like you." I spit angrily and I see his expression shift.

"And who are you going to offer yourself to then? Ezra..or my brother? Who huh?" He mocks me and all of a sudden,I feel naked. And it's not even about the dress. I feel a strong wave of exposure and vulnerability wash over me.

"That's for me to know." I manage to retort.

"We'll see about that. Let's go." He says and tugs at my wrist. I jerk away and he turns to face me.

"I'm not leaving." I say and pull the dress down. He moves his eyes downwards and then back to my face.

"I'm not leaving." I repeat and before I know it,he puts a handcuff on my wrist and his and then he locks it.

"If you won't,I'll firve you to." He smirks and begins walking out if the restaurant.
I feel everyone's eyes on us and there's this one girl with an expression of admiration on her face.

Look away Missy

"We're running late." He says when we enter his car. Because of the cuffs, we're supposed to sit together.

"For what?"

"You'll see." He winks at me before gesturing the chauffeur to drive.

I feel something tug at my wrist and it jolts my out of my sleep.

"Wake up, we're here." He says and unlocks the handcuffs.
I rub my burning wrists and he throws a pair of sweats and a shirt at me.

"They're mine. Put them on." He says and he gestures the chauffeur to move away from the car.
I hurriedly slip them on and follow him to wherever he's taking me.

"Although we're going to be living together,I don't want you touching my stuff. I don't want you in my room and learn to mind your own business. Stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours." He says and grips my hand tightly.
I wince in pain but I don't let him hear.

"Why did you let me change my clothes?" I ask him when we enter an elevator.
He looks at me with hooded eyes and opens his mouth to speak.
"I don't trust the people I'm taking you to." He says and I feel my breath hitch. All of a sudden,the elevator feels small and cramped and I feel claustrophobic.

"Where are you taking me?" Fear grips me and memories begin to flash in my head.
I bend down and hug my knees while I recite silent prayers hoping it'll calm me.

"I'm not gonna kill you. Geez." He rolls his eyes and the elevator dings.
As the elevator doors part, the soft glow of warm lighting spills into the hallway, casting gentle shadows on the sleek, polished floors. The walls are adorned with tasteful artwork, adding a touch of sophistication to the space. A faint scent of fresh flowers lingers in the air, creating a serene environment.

"Follow me." He commands and I feel like we're just walking.

He finally stops at one of the door and opens it with a keycard.

"Is this..." I ask but stop and he opens the door further.
The inside of the apartment is nicer and bigger than the outside and the windows begin from the ceiling and end on the floor. Basically,it's wide.

There's a huge chandelier at the center but the only weird thing is the amount of baby toys sprawled about the room.
Just then,a toddler runs towards Cairus with a youthful looking woman following behind his tail.

Is this his son?