Twenty-one

"How's your leg?" Cairus asks sarcastically.

"It's okay,it just hurts a bit." I smile wryly.

Everything is the hospital is white and the smell of disinfectant is overwhelming. Once again, I'm wearing his clothes.

"When are you going to get my stuff for me?" I ask him and he ignores me by looking at him phone.
I wonder what he does for work.

"Soon. I'll get you new clothes. You're not wearing those bags you called clothes." He's clearly insulting my fashion choice but I choose to let it slide.

"Okay,Miss Gardiner,it looks like your leg should be healing within a couple of weeks." The kind female doctor smiles at me.
"Thank you." I respond and she looks at the file in her hand.
"You'll just need to be moving about with a wheelchair. I'm sure your partner will help you."

"Yeah. He will." I smile devilishly at him. He rolls his eyes and thanks the doctor before leaving with me.

"That's very rude."

He doesn't even bother to mind me,not that I care.

"The fact that I'm going to be helping you doesn't give you the right to abuse it. You understand?" He always has this nagging voice.

"Yes,daddy." I roll my eyes and roll the wheels of the wheelchair to his car by myself.

"The fact that I'm temporarily disabled doesn't mean I can't function. I am and I will. I've been hurt worse than this." I scoff angrily when he secured his seat belt.

"I didn't ask. Neither do I care. Just shut up."

"Why are you alway rude?"

"It's none of your business."

"It kinda is. I'm your fiancée and all." I flip my hair to the side dramatically and smile.

"Yeah,but that doesn't mean I'm entitled to answer questions from you." He sarcastically remarks.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes and he turns on the engine of the car.

"This is the biggest mall I've ever been in." I exclaim as we enter one of the shops in the mall.

"Good morning,Mr. Ashbourne.." the shopper's aid gives me a weird look when she sees me and I give her my nicest smile.

"Hello,Nadine, I want you to get me all your nicest female clothes....for my girlfriend." The last phrase comes out almost strained and the shock in her face is hilarious.

"Yes,size S please." I keep smiling at her and she seems weirded out so I stop.

"Ye-yes ma'am." She nods and walks away.

"Cairus,I'm hungry." I look up at him and his jaw clenches. It's obvious he's angry.
"Wait,when we're done shopping you can get food to satiate you S stomach." He teases.

"Can you stop being like that for like a minute? It'll help us both. It's not like I'm forcing you to marry me. You can tell your dad you don't want to." I don't know why I'm saying all this but what he's doing is just straight up annoying.

"Here you go. All the size S dresses we have." She smiles and places them on the couch beside me.
"Thanks but how am I going to change?" I ask her and she tells me not to worry and that she'll help me.

"Oh okay,thanks" I say and Cairus signals at her.

He whispers something into her ear and she nods.

"I have something to attend to." He says to no one in particular. "This is a black card. Get whatever you want. Your limit is ten million dollars. Everett will get you when you're done." He concludes and leaves.

Why does he always do this?

"Okay,let's get you ready." Nadine smile and gently pushes my wheelchair into the changing room.