Day 31: All Good Things Must Come To An End

Start from the beginning

"You good?" I whisper questioningly towards Levi after the car has quietened slightly.

"Fine," Levi replies, "and again I'm sorry for how shit I acted yesterday."

"I already said I forgive you."

"I know, but I still feel like a douche."

"At least you're admitting it now."

"Shut up," Levi says, "and hey at least you think I'm hot."

"I don't think you're either," I tease, "I think you're merely an average looking douche."

"And yet you still went out with me."

"Please don't remind me of those dark days of my life."

"Hey," Levi says sounding offended, "dating me wasn't that bad was it?"

"It was alright," I say in a monotone, "I mean it had it's good points and it's bad points."

"Like what were the bad points though?"

"Jesus Christ Levi do you want me to write a fucking report on our relationship or something?"

"That'd be nice."

"Levi..."

Just as I am about to explain to him that I do not have the time to write a report on the pros and cons of our relationship and that even if I did have the time, I wouldn't want to I am rudely cut off by Elise swerving dangerously around the car in front before pressing her foot down harder on the accelerator. Levi grips onto his seatbelt.

"Fuck El," he mutters, "fancy slowing down a bit."

"Sorry," Elise says sarcastically, "the sexual tension between you two was distracting me."

"There's no sexual tension," Levi and I tell her in unison.

"I totally believe you," Elise replies, "I mean you two totally act like exes."

"We've decided to be friends," Levi says.

"That never works."

"That's a terrible way to think, if exes can't be friends then this world is stupid."

"All I'm saying is that you're always going to think about each other naked whenever you're together."

"Unlike you El, Levi and I are able to keep our animal instincts under control," I tease.

"Fine," El huffs, "but when the two of you are ripping each other's clothes off when you're trying to be 'just friends' then don't blame me."

"Why would they blame you anyway?" Rosie asks.

"I don't know, I'm just preparing my case in the off chance that they do," Elise replies.

Rosie rolls her eyes and shakes her head in disbelief while Levi and I exchange knowing – and slightly embarrassed glances – we know that the chance of Elise's prediction coming true is more likely than expected, although neither of us plan on it ever happening again so maybe not.

Deciding that she has had enough of this conversation Elise briefly takes one of her hands off the wheel and turns the radio up so that it is blasting Taylor Swift at a decibel that threatens to give me tinnitus. Elise has to turn down the radio just to hear our complaints about how loud at is, however she merely shrugs before resuming the volume.

Rosie – in the passenger seat – reaches over and promptly switches it off before replying to Elise's glare with an icy expression of her own.

"You're moody today," she tells Elise, "something happened?"