Youre gonna have to make it up to me.

Start from the beginning

"I think you're father has racked up his tab with you for more than just one night of babysitting," Oakley raised her eyebrow.

"I may have said something similar to him," Kayce smirked.

They drove for another hour. When Kayce turned around a bend Oakley's eyes widened as she saw the lake spread out before them to the left side. She leaned over the console against Kayce's arm.

"Wow," Oakley whispered.

"Told you," Kayce said.

He pulled into this gated area, twisting around the road for a while until he came up to a small green cabin. Behind it sat the lake, a small campfire area off to the side with a few chairs. Kayce pulled up to the front of the cabin and looked over at Oakley.

"Sure it's just for one night?" She asked him.

"You're the one who had twins," Kayce eyed her.

"Yeah, because I did that by myself," Oakley rolled her eyes and got out of the truck.

She and Kayce walked around the cabin and out to where the grass turned into tiny rocks, the water gently lapping at the edges. Oakley smiled as the sun was starting to sink in the sky. Kayce came up and wrapped his arms around her from behind. His chin rested on her shoulder as they gently swayed.

Oakley leaned her head against Kayce's.

"It's so quiet," She whispered.

Kayce kissed her temple as he squeezed her against him.

"I'll go unload out things," He told her. "Stay here and I'll come get you when I'm done."

"I can help," Oakley turned as Kayce started to walk off.

"Stay here, baby," Kayce smiled at her before walking back to the truck.

Oakley crossed her arms and looked back out over the lake. The sun was low in the sky, making Oakley's face warm. It was peaceful and calming and it just about damn near made her cry. Sure, she missed her babies, but she also knew now that she stared out, this was also needed for her and Kayce.

A soft breeze made her shiver slightly. It was getting colder, Oakley knew the winter weather was just around the corner from them. But winter brought warm jackets and cozy fires, snow days and hot chocolate. She heard Kayce's footsteps coming back over to her. Oakley looked behind her shoulder.

"Put the steaks on the counter marinating," He told her.

Kayce wrapped his arm around Oakley, handing her an open beer. She smiled, taking a sip as she leaned into Kayce.

"Feel like there's something I need to do," Oakley said softly.

"Ain't nothing you need to do," Kayce nudged her.

"I know," Oakley smirked. "Bet you're loving this."

"I am loving this," Kayce whispered into Oakley's ear.

Oakley tuned around in his arm. The sunlight made Kayce's eyes brighter as he looked down at her.

"You already look better," Oakley smiled.

"Been a lot recently," Kayce sighed. "It's nice just being here with you."

"Come on," Oakley gently pushed Kayce. "I wanna check out the cabin."

Oakley walked inside the small, cozy home and looked around. It reminded her of the place they honeymooned. The living room was warm, opening up to the kitchen with a small dining table off to one side. She walked down the hallway and saw one room to the right, a bathroom, and then the main bedroom. Their bags were at the foot of the bed.