Fifty-Three

Ana

February 27

1:30 pm

"Gio hand me that shirt! Stop playing" I fussed as he ran past me laughing with the shirt in his hand, leaving out of my the living room

I was over at my momma's house going through some of Gio's clothes that were here and of course he wanted to be all in the way with his little goofy self

"Leave him alone. He's in his own world having fun"

"He wanna stress me out. Thats what he wanna do" I replied while picking up an old shirt of his, poking out my bottom lip "I remember when he could fit this shirt... My baby's getting so big now"

"Yeah, he is. And he'll be even bigger if he don't slow down on the chicken"

I folded up the shirt and sat it in the pile of stuff to give away

"I don't know why that boy love chicken so much" I shook my head. When I saw how she looked at me, I laughed

"You know exactly where he get it from. The whole eating thing period cause you know you greedy as hell Analise"

"His daddy is too. Don't blame it on just me"

"No, don't you blame it on Dre"

"Im not the one that be out here buying a child wing combos and ordering door dash almost everyday. Thats Dre... but of course you gonna defend him cause now all of a sudden he's your supposed to be favorite"

"You sound reallll jealous"

I crossed my arms "Oh so he is your favorite?"

"I don't have favorites. I love everybody the same. He just so happens to be the closest thing I have to having a son"

"So."

"Ana stop being a hater"

"Ima hate."

"Girlll" she laughed, picking up a onesie and rose her eyebrow "This is definitely not Gio's"

I looked at the onesie and saw that it was a custom made onesie with Zoe's initials on it. It was one that I got for her when she was a baby.

"Oh my gosh this onesie is soooo old. This is Zoe's. Remember I got this made for her"

"How did it get with Gio's stuff"

"I don't know but this is crazy to see after all of these years" I grabbed it from her, looking at it. "My niece used to be so small"

"Zoe used to be YOUR child, couldn't nobody tell you otherwise" My momma giggled and I nodded

"She definitely was. Her and Layton. Now they're so big and they don't care about auntie nomore"

"Thats cause auntie got real responsibilities now. You not the young auntie that was single, with no kids and lots of freetime to give them attention all the time. Now you older, you married with kids and you got a business"

"Yeahhh.. When you say it out loud, I do sound pretty grown up. Meanwhile in real life me and Dre still be acting like two big ass kids in the house"

"And I believe it. But it works so well for yall and I love it"

I smiled, folding the onesie "I love it too. No... you know who im really proud of? Autumn"

"Oh yes! Im definitely proud of my baby. I can't lie like I wont be sad when they leave but I think them moving is a great move"