Twenty One:

Darius
November 21
1:30 pm

"Look at you. You look so handsome with your hair cut" my babymomma Tania said to our son Dj, meeting me at the barbershop to pick him up

"I'm ready for Aspen now" he replied to her "all I gotta do is pick out my outfit to wear on the plane"

"I'm surprised yo momma ain got that picked out for you already" I said to him and Tania sarcastically laughed

"I do though... but you gotta slow down DJ. We don't leave until the day after Christmas"

"I know.." he looked at me "you still gonna come get me on Christmas Eve so I can stay the night at your house?"

"You know I ain forget"

"Okay.. you got my presents right?"

I looked at tania ,who laughed, then looked back at him "yeah I got yo presents. Sounding like yo momma"

"I don't want any baby toys. I'm 9 now dad"

"I know how old you is and I know what you like"

"Okay.. just remember. Im not a baby anymore" he shook his head

"I gotchu"

He nodded before doing some handshake with me that he made it. I don't know how I remember I know it but it puts a smile on my son face everytime we do it

"Ight Jr. I love you son. I'll see you in 3 days"

"I love you too dad. 3 days.. don't forget" he told me while getting in the backseat of his momma's Lexus

Tania crossed her arms, shaking her head. She was dressed up from working, probably had to show a house or something being that she work in real estate.

"That boy loves you so much. He got upset when we first told him about the trip to Aspen because he thought he wouldn't be able to see you on Christmas"

"Cause I'm the best daddy in the world. Whatchu mean?"

"And you can't tell him no different. So what time should I have him ready for you to pick him up?"

"Nope. No. I'm not giving you a specific time" I told her

"Why not?"

"Cause if I come a minute late you gone be in yo feelings"

"I'm tryina evolve from that mindset of being punctual. Although it's a good thing... but everybody's not me"

"You wait till you grown, married and successful to wanna change. You ain shit. You should've changed 9 years ago"

"Well grown, married and successful me has to learn to slow down and let loose for a while. I'm always stuck on a set routine and stressing and didn't realize it until I went to the doctor. My blood pressure was so high for me to be this young"

"What you went to see a doctor for?"

"We've been trying for a baby for so long and still no baby"

"How long?"

"Since we've been married"

"Ohhh. Damn"

"Right. And it's crazy because it only took one time of unprotected sex with mr fertile and I gotta whole 9 year old sitting in my backseat"

"I mean... what can I say" I shrugged "I'm just that great"

"You are so annoying" she chuckled

"So what y'all gone do? Keep trying?"