Chapter 53: Acquiring a Living Crystal Planet

Start from the beginning

"... Showoff," Karnilla sarcastically muttered in a light voice as she went through the portal before I too followed after her. 

The opposite side of the portal was just a dark empty space, barely containing any light. Even the nearest stars were lightyears away. There weren't even any comets or meteorites nearby as well. The only astronomical body that was barely visible was a single red slightly glowing planet that looked like it was sleeping in the dark.

"Is that the planet you were looking for? Because if it is, then I have to advise you to think it through again because that is the ugliest planet I have ever seen... Also, is that a face engraved on its surface?" karnilla asked with a confused expression on her face.

"Yep. And that face is exactly why that planet is so special. This is Ego, the Living planet and I mean Living in a very much literal sense, not the metaphorical natural sense."

"It's still ugly... but somehow it is beautiful as well," Karnilla responded as she went closer to the planet to get a better look.

"Don't get too close. Entering its atmosphere might awaken it from its current slumber. I prefer it to be sleeping for what I am currently going to do... or at least try to do it." I said as I took out a shiny golden stone from my inventory, one of the very first rewards I had received from my system after I had arrived in this world.

|Sunstone: Sunstone crystal technology (inherently from the planet of Krypton). It has many functions like:

- Can store a nearly infinite amount of information.

- Can be programmed to create any construct the user desires.

- Can be used to terraform a planet or create a planetoid.

- Can be used to create ships that can travel between galaxies with enough combat capabilities that can even destroy entire planets.

- Its technology can also be used to create or replicate many other kinds of technologies.

- Can be used as a power source as well in a way that creates a completely different kind of advanced cold & controlled super nuclear fusion|

"Wait here, I'll be back in a minute," I commented as I accessed the magic core in my body and tried to apparate to the core of Ego where his brain was located.

It was my first time trying out apparition, so I wasn't absolutely sure that I would be able to successfully make it to the other side, but I had to try at least. So, as I willed my intent into reality, I felt the space itself squeezing all around me while my body shrunk into the size of a piece of marble and then speed-mailed to the destination I had in mind. Instantly, I appeared deep inside Ego's planetary core, just in front of his huge brain.

"Goddamn it. Apparition really is dangerous." I could not help but comment while wincing as I felt that every bone in my right hand had suddenly dislocated out of their respective places due to the sudden apparition. They had of course already begun to heal as well due to my healing factor but that didn't change the fact that I would have been dead if I were a normal person.

*Rattle* *Tumble* The entire underground section of the planet began to shake as Ego started to wake up after sensing my presence. I had a few more seconds before he completely woke up and started attacking me. So, I quickly inserted a sliver of my divine energy into the sunstone focusing on what I wanted it to do and then threw it towards Ego's 'brain' hoping that it was the right way of using the crystal and I wasn't just throwing away one of the most valuable things I currently had.

'I hope he doesn't somehow take control of the crystal and get a power boost or something, like how villains in clique comic books normally do.' I thought to myself as I apparated back to Karnilla, this time being extra careful so as not to dislocate any of my other internal organs or bones.